• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Gabby Giffords - " People rarely use guns for self-defense. "

C

Capitalist

Nobody wants to take your guns as long as you aren't mentally ill, a terrorist, or a domestic abuser.
You fall for the NRA's marketing too easy.
There are countries with far more restrictive gun rights and yet they still have property rights and the rule of law. Let's not exaggerate the importance of guns.
So nobody wants to take our guns. . .

Yet we should be more like those countries where the government has taken their citizens' guns.

Do you even realize how duped you are? Or do you realize it and you're repeating the lies you've been fed?

Boltlady

Mayor
Once they establish the mental illness angle it will only be a matter of time before lefty is beating on the drums to declare conservatism a mental illness.

Jo
Are you sure that they aren't already? They call it everything else derogatory that they can think up.

connieb

Senator
Do you know any Europeans?

Europe is filled with meek, beaten down, sad little men. Every time a European (especially a German) visits the US they are perpetually amazed at how "open" and extroverted Americans are. They are surprised at how an American will just say what is on his mind consequences be damned. They are shocked at parties that Americans will do the crazy American things they do (think redneck party antics). Personally, I'm amazed that they have lost that piece of their soul.

That is NOT the kind of people I want to become.
My theory is that after two back to back devastating wars - the majority of what was left to repopulate where beta males who either hid, ran away or lied to get out of service. No surprise then the generations behind them would be pusses. The descendants of great warriors and great armies are now a bunch of limp wristed, skinny jean wearing pansies.

John Doe

I detest liberalism
20 years ago the networks NEVER mentioned guns used in self defense and saving lives. Now such stories are on the internet and TV is occasionally forced to talk about it.
The net has made covering up stories more difficult. Ergo, local news will ever so grudgingly and briefly cover it. But let a mass shooting happen and news media of all stripes will bombard you for weeks.

C

Capitalist

My theory is that after two back to back devastating wars - the majority of what was left to repopulate where beta males who either hid, ran away or lied to get out of service. No surprise then the generations behind them would be pusses. The descendants of great warriors and great armies are now a bunch of limp wristed, skinny jean wearing pansies.
My assessment exactly!

It would absolutely suck being a German--constantly reminded that Hitler is a part of your pretty recent history. No wonder they're so offended by American confidence and gregariousness. They've had passivity beaten into them for 70 years!