• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Gabby Giffords - " People rarely use guns for self-defense. "

C

Capitalist

It's the social contract. People benefit from cooperation. But cooperation comes with a loss of freedom. Namely you accept the rule of law. It's split fairly evenly in Britain... half the people want the benefits of Cooperating with Europe, the other half wants the freedom from the rule of law. If you ask me the benefits of remaining outweigh the costs of remaining.
You've been reading the wrong textbook again.

C

Capitalist

It's too easy to get a gun. There are too many people with guns that shouldn't have guns.
Love him. Hate him. Ted owns the truth.

Rogan is asking the question over and over and over: How do we stop this?

I'll tell you how it gets stopped. It's stopped when IN THE NEWS people hear about another Adam Lanza getting shot to death before he fires his second shot. It ends when another James Holmes gets shot to death in a theater before he gets off his second shot. It ends when over and over and over would be mass murders are shot dead by gun carrying citizens before the a-holes complete their mission.

And when another would be mass murderer starts to think, "Y'know, so many damn people are armed to the teeth these days, I might just get shot dead as I'm pulling my gun out before I kill even my first child. So maybe I'll just. . .forget about it. Do something else."

That's when it stops.

Love him. Hate him. Ted owns the truth.

Rogan is asking the question over and over and over: How do we stop this?

I'll tell you how it gets stopped. It's stopped when IN THE NEWS people hear about another Adam Lanza getting shot to death before he fires his second shot. It ends when another James Holmes gets shot to death in a theater before he gets off his second shot. It ends when over and over and over would be mass murders are shot dead by gun carrying citizens before the a-holes complete their mission.

And when another would be mass murderer starts to think, "Y'know, so many damn people are armed to the teeth these days, I might just get shot dead as I'm pulling my gun out before I kill even my first child. So maybe I'll just. . .forget about it. Do something else."

That's when it stops.
The fact is guns are incredibly easy to get, nobody stopped Adam Lanza or James Holmes. It is pure fantasy to think that guns saved lives there.

freyasman

Senator
It's just doubling down on something that demonstrably hasn't worked. It's time to try a different tack.
Having an armed person on site and who aggressively counter-attacks is the only thing that has ever been shown to work. And more and more people are realizing that.

He didn't counter-attack..... you got to be willing and able.
The sheer presence of an armed guard is supposed to deter bad people. From my understanding that's the rationale behind the whole "gun's save lives". It didn't deter anything. It didn't stop anything. It seems foolish to double-down on the something so ineffective.

freyasman

Senator
The sheer presence of an armed guard is supposed to deter bad people. From my understanding that's the rationale behind the whole "gun's save lives". It didn't deter anything. It didn't stop anything. It seems foolish to double-down on the something so ineffective.
If some people won't be deterred, you'd better be ready to shoot them. Don't you agree?

C

Capitalist

It's just doubling down on something that demonstrably hasn't worked.
WHY? Why hasn’t it worked! I’ll tell you why. It’s because gun banners like YOU have worked 24 hours a day disarming Americans through shame, lies, and intimidation (David Hogg, Diane Feinstein, Michael Moore, etc.). Demonstrably hasn’t worked? It demonstrably hasn’t been allowed to work! It demonstrably hasn’t been tried! Gun ownership has been demonstrably demonized by you and your Hollywood/DC/effete liberal gun banners!

It's time to try a different tack.
I wholeheartedly agree. Time to try something different. Here’s my plan: Get the fuk out of the way! Sit down and shut up! If you want to really improve America and cut down the violence then encourage gun ownership instead of demonizing it. Jump on board the 2nd Amendment party train. Work to build a positive gun culture in America—think Duck Dynasty, Outdoor Channel, tactical training, three gun competition kind of culture. Refuse to support Hollywood gun banner a-holes like Jim Carry and Quinten Tarrentino and support the brave ones like Kurt Russel with your money.

That’s how you fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
WHY? Why hasn’t it worked! I’ll tell you why. It’s because gun banners like YOU have worked 24 hours a day disarming Americans through shame, lies, and intimidation (David Hogg, Diane Feinstein, Michael Moore, etc.). Demonstrably hasn’t worked? It demonstrably hasn’t been allowed to work! It demonstrably hasn’t been tried! Gun ownership has been demonstrably demonized by you and your Hollywood/DC/effete liberal gun banners!

I wholeheartedly agree. Time to try something different. Here’s my plan: Get the fuk out of the way! Sit down and shut up! If you want to really improve America and cut down the violence then encourage gun ownership instead of demonizing it. Jump on board the 2nd Amendment party train. Work to build a positive gun culture in America—think Duck Dynasty, Outdoor Channel tactical training, three gun competition kind of culture. Refuse to support Hollywood gun banner a-holes like Jim Carry and Quinten Tarrentino and support the brave ones like Kurt Russel with your money.

That’s how you fix it.
Why yes. Guns are a cultural issue. Saying, that if everybody just "joined my culture" would lead to less gun violence isn't really insightful. It's like saying "Why can't we all just get along?"
Most of gun culture is harmless. Just people playing with their cool toys. I get that. There are also bad people in world that have a way to easy time acquiring the tools of destruction.

freyasman

Senator
Why yes. Guns are a cultural issue. Saying, that if everybody just "joined my culture" would lead to less gun violence isn't really insightful. It's like saying "Why can't we all just get along?"
Most of gun culture is harmless. Just people playing with their cool toys. I get that. There are also bad people in world that have a way to easy time acquiring the tools of destruction.
"tools of destruction"? You mean political office?