• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Gabby Giffords - " People rarely use guns for self-defense. "

C

Capitalist

Why yes. Guns are a cultural issue. Saying, that if everybody just "joined my culture" would lead to less gun violence isn't really insightful. It's like saying "Why can't we all just get along?"
Most of gun culture is harmless. Just people playing with their cool toys. I get that. There are also bad people in world that have a way to easy time acquiring the tools of destruction.
Do you own a gun?

No.

Then you don’t know.

And talk about a pipe dream! You dismiss “my” culture without even understanding it. And “I” didn’t create it. I joined “it.”

So before you close your mind like a good little Prog you may want to venture out into the unknown and see just how possible a good gun culture is. You can do that, can’t you? For decades I’ve listened on TV and in the news and movies about how closed minded conservatives are like Archie Bunker, Rush Limbaugh, and Bill O’Reilly. You don’t want to be like them, do you?

So try living up to your ideology for a change. Open your mind. Just a crack.

C

Capitalist

The sheer presence of an armed guard is supposed to deter bad people. From my understanding that's the rationale behind the whole "gun's save lives". It didn't deter anything. It didn't stop anything. It seems foolish to double-down on the something so ineffective.
Owning a gun doesn’t do shit for a person unless he is willing to use it. But owning is a start. You can’t use if you don’t own. So when I advocate for increasing gun ownership in America the increased USE is implied.

(Why do I have to explain this shit?)

Nobody wants to take your guns as long as you aren't mentally ill, a terrorist, or a domestic abuser.
You fall for the NRA's marketing too easy.
Thug. Plug. Shrug.

Despite what both sides rattle on about, gun rights are useless if defending yourself has legal consequences. It doesn't matter that Zimmerman was acquitted, the fact that he was tried at all was the most dangerous infringement on our liberties.

C

Capitalist

Thug. Plug. Shrug.

Despite what both sides rattle on about, gun rights are useless if defending yourself has legal consequences. It doesn't matter that Zimmerman was acquitted, the fact that he was tried at all was the most dangerous infringement on our liberties.
And Florida has a “Stand your ground” law too!

Colorado, despite its recent buffoonery with the high cap mag ban, has a Make my Day Law which basically says if a person breaks into your house and you FEEL threatened and so shoot him dead you must NOT be put on trial and you can’t be sued by any surviving family members or friends.

Every state should have that law.

Last edited by a moderator:

freyasman

Senator

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Once they establish the mental illness angle it will only be a matter of time before lefty is beating on the drums to declare conservatism a mental illness.

Jo
Video gamers now classified as mental and can get SS disability

and no guns

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
It's the social contract. People benefit from cooperation. But cooperation comes with a loss of freedom. Namely you accept the rule of law. It's split fairly evenly in Britain... half the people want the benefits of Cooperating with Europe, the other half wants the freedom from the rule of law. If you ask me the benefits of remaining outweigh the costs of remaining.
So take your MBA to Europe ASAP

you're a drag on America

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
And Florida has a “Stand your ground” law too!

Colorado, despite its recent buffoonery with the high cap mag ban, has a Make my Day Law which basically says if a person breaks into your house and you FEEL threatened and so shoot him dead you must NOT be put on trial and you can’t be sued by any surviving family members or friends.

Every state should have that law.
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6

Do you own a gun?

No.

Then you don’t know.

And talk about a pipe dream! You dismiss “my” culture without even understanding it. And “I” didn’t create it. I joined “it.”

So before you close your mind like a good little Prog you may want to venture out into the unknown and see just how possible a good gun culture is. You can do that, can’t you? For decades I’ve listened on TV and in the news and movies about how closed minded conservatives are like Archie Bunker, Rush Limbaugh, and Bill O’Reilly. You don’t want to be like them, do you?

So try living up to your ideology for a change. Open your mind. Just a crack.
Yes, I own an M9.
My dad is a member of the NRA. Hell, I have lived in red state America all my life.
I do not think guns should be removed from 100% of Americans. I think they Shouldn't be in the hands of terrorists, the mentally ill, and domestic abusers. The only way I see that's possible are serious revisions to the 2nd amendment.

John Doe

I detest liberalism
Yes, I own an M9.
My dad is a member of the NRA. Hell, I have lived in red state America all my life.
I do not think guns should be removed from 100% of Americans. I think they Shouldn't be in the hands of terrorists, the mentally ill, and domestic abusers. The only way I see that's possible are serious revisions to the 2nd amendment.
Why, reading the 2nd, any restrictions ARE infringments.