• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Game on: North Korea is going down

Days

Commentator
US Armada Enters Sea of Japan Off the Coast of Korean Peninsula
Published on Apr 29, 2017

nothing ... unless we turn our back again, do you realize North Korea was the only nation on earth setting off Nukes in the 21st century?
Of course I do. The options here are very limited. If force is used, Seoul is toast even if we win. Is anyone ready to throw hundreds of thousands of people under the bus because we gave up on other options? Only a madman makes that choice. They have theirs, now we have ours. Two man children playing Generals with nukes, what could go wrong? My option includes peace through joint efforts to help the people of NK in the hope that they will get rid of him. If we don't go that route, war or stasis is inevitable. With Trump and his merry band of war mongering idiots, war seems more likely though. This is what happens when you elect an imbecile.

Days

Commentator
Of course I do. The options here are very limited. If force is used, Seoul is toast even if we win. Is anyone ready to throw hundreds of thousands of people under the bus because we gave up on other options? Only a madman makes that choice. They have theirs, now we have ours. Two man children playing Generals with nukes, what could go wrong? My option includes peace through joint efforts to help the people of NK in the hope that they will get rid of him. If we don't go that route, war or stasis is inevitable. With Trump and his merry band of war mongering idiots, war seems more likely though. This is what happens when you elect an imbecile.
Right now, you have a small window of time where you can take this regime out at a minimal cost. The real threat we would face in an immediate war is chemical weapons fired through mlrs; but to be in range of Seoul, they need to be right at the border, and that makes them terribly easy for us to pick off; part of the reason for us sending over heavy artillery units was to join in that whack-a-mole effort. Seoul can be evacuated, the same as if a hurricane was approaching; there is ways to pull this off with extremely small loss of civilian life... once you have sat around for another six months or year, that window closes and this regime has definitely got warheads for their medium range missiles... that's a much more dangerous ballgame. All of South Korea and Japan are in range.

So the imbecile has to choose between living with a nuclear North Korea, or pushing the issue NOW. Nobody, absolutely nobody, trusts North Korea with nukes. It isn't going to get any easier on the imbecile; if he doesn't denuclearize NK now, everyone will blame him for whatever they do with nukes... so politically, the safe bet is to take them on now. I'm not sure it isn't the smartest choice; a conventional war with North Korea - and only North Korea - is possible if all you do is take out their nukes; that could be over in two weeks.

Here's a twist you have to consider... would if China and Russia waited at their respective borders for us to annihilate NK's military (and we would) ... China and Russia both have armies lining those borders; would if this ended up being war between Russia and China for control of North Korea? That would get ugly, that might be the worst thing that could happen, as far as the rest of the planet is concerned.

Right now, you have a small window of time where you can take this regime out at a minimal cost. The real threat we would face in an immediate war is chemical weapons fired through mlrs; but to be in range of Seoul, they need to be right at the border, and that makes them terribly easy for us to pick off; part of the reason for us sending over heavy artillery units was to join in that whack-a-mole effort. Seoul can be evacuated, the same as if a hurricane was approaching; there is ways to pull this off with extremely small loss of civilian life... once you have sat around for another six months or year, that window closes and this regime has definitely got warheads for their medium range missiles... that's a much more dangerous ballgame. All of South Korea and Japan are in range.

So the imbecile has to choose between living with a nuclear North Korea, or pushing the issue NOW. Nobody, absolutely nobody, trusts North Korea with nukes. It isn't going to get any easier on the imbecile; if he doesn't denuclearize NK now, everyone will blame him for whatever they do with nukes... so politically, the safe bet is to take them on now. I'm not sure it isn't the smartest choice; a conventional war with North Korea - and only North Korea - is possible if all you do is take out their nukes; that could be over in two weeks.

Here's a twist you have to consider... would if China and Russia waited at their respective borders for us to annihilate NK's military (and we would) ... China and Russia both have armies lining those borders; would if this ended up being war between Russia and China for control of North Korea? That would get ugly, that might be the worst thing that could happen, as far as the rest of the planet is concerned.
At the end of all this is a simple truth. Do you want to risk the lives of Koreans now because we cannot imagine a peaceful settlement or do you want to exhaust every possible avenue to resolve this peacefully? I say let's put it to a vote. A vote in South Korea. If they say go ahead and sacrifice us, then lets bomb the living shit out of NK. If they say no, we find another solution.

Days

Commentator
At the end of all this is a simple truth. Do you want to risk the lives of Koreans now because we cannot imagine a peaceful settlement or do you want to exhaust every possible avenue to resolve this peacefully? I say let's put it to a vote. A vote in South Korea. If they say go ahead and sacrifice us, then lets bomb the living shit out of NK. If they say no, we find another solution.
What about Japan? It was Japan, after all, that was targeted by the NK multi-launch of ballistic missiles... doesn't Japan get a vote?

EatTheRich

President
N. Korea is

N. Korea is fully capable of hitting Seoul with a nuclear weapon today. They do not because their weapons are intended as deterrents, not weapons of aggression. N. Korea also has the largest submarine force in the world and more special forces than any other country. They beat the U.S. and its powerful allies in the 1950s when the U.S. was relatively speaking much more powerful and N. Korea was much weaker.

Days

Commentator
N. Korea is

N. Korea is fully capable of hitting Seoul with a nuclear weapon today. They do not because their weapons are intended as deterrents, not weapons of aggression. N. Korea also has the largest submarine force in the world and more special forces than any other country. They beat the U.S. and its powerful allies in the 1950s when the U.S. was relatively speaking much more powerful and N. Korea was much weaker.
North Korea could attack, but I think time is on their side, they have built six nuclear subs, but they don't have near enough nuclear warheads to arm their missiles in their silos, let alone arm all their subs. They are in the process of developing the small war heads that would/will make them a nuclear power to be reckoned with... but they are not there yet, this will take a year or two, and that's why I say, there is a window of opportunity to pull a first strike on their nuclear facilities; pass up the opportunity and a couple of years down the line, North Korea is a much bigger problem, ten times bigger, maybe 100 times bigger.

That's what has to be considered at the moment and I think Trump has it right, you don't wait for them to be a serious threat, they don't play by the rules.

EatTheRich

President
North Korea could attack, but I think time is on their side, they have built six nuclear subs, but they don't have near enough nuclear warheads to arm their missiles in their silos, let alone arm all their subs. They are in the process of developing the small war heads that would/will make them a nuclear power to be reckoned with... but they are not there yet, this will take a year or two, and that's why I say, there is a window of opportunity to pull a first strike on their nuclear facilities; pass up the opportunity and a couple of years down the line, North Korea is a much bigger problem, ten times bigger, maybe 100 times bigger.

That's what has to be considered at the moment and I think Trump has it right, you don't wait for them to be a serious threat, they don't play by the rules.
Seems to me time is not on their side. Their artillery ... once state-of-the-art ... is degrading and they can't afford to replace it ... one of the main reasons they've sought nuclear weapons in the first place. At any rate, the only threat N. Korea has ever posed to the U.S. is the threat that they will defend themselves.

Days

Commentator
Seems to me time is not on their side. Their artillery ... once state-of-the-art ... is degrading and they can't afford to replace it ... one of the main reasons they've sought nuclear weapons in the first place. At any rate, the only threat N. Korea has ever posed to the U.S. is the threat that they will defend themselves.
The threat they have posed is not the problem, it is the threat they will pose. Their medium range ballistic missiles are a serious threat to Japan and South Korea, and those are already a very serious threat, just waiting for their ability to arm them with smaller warheads. Same holds for their nuclear subs... their nuclear subs are a threat to the whole world.... and they keep building more of them.

I don't hold one life more dear than another, but if we can deter this regime from becoming a potent nuclear threat - through any means - that's something very important. Kim will attempt to coerce Japan and South Korea, using threat of nuclear force... so you will either deal with it now or you will deal with it then.

Trump is willing to sit down and talk with Kim; there's an opportunity for Kim to come onboard with the rest of the nations; they could end the bloody war if they wanted to; but this regime is built upon the politics of fighting that war... it's a real problem.

EatTheRich

President
The threat they have posed is not the problem, it is the threat they will pose. Their medium range ballistic missiles are a serious threat to Japan and South Korea, and those are already a very serious threat, just waiting for their ability to arm them with smaller warheads. Same holds for their nuclear subs... their nuclear subs are a threat to the whole world.... and they keep building more of them.

I don't hold one life more dear than another, but if we can deter this regime from becoming a potent nuclear threat - through any means - that's something very important. Kim will attempt to coerce Japan and South Korea, using threat of nuclear force... so you will either deal with it now or you will deal with it then.

Trump is willing to sit down and talk with Kim; there's an opportunity for Kim to come onboard with the rest of the nations; they could end the bloody war if they wanted to; but this regime is built upon the politics of fighting that war... it's a real problem.
It's the U.S., Japan, and S. Korea that have engaged in military bullying of N. Korea for decades. What is N. Korea trying to "coerce" them into doing? Respecting its sovereignty, letting it live in peace, and not interfering with food supplies.

Days

Commentator
It's the U.S., Japan, and S. Korea that have engaged in military bullying of N. Korea for decades. What is N. Korea trying to "coerce" them into doing? Respecting its sovereignty, letting it live in peace, and not interfering with food supplies.
Clearly, you are unable to focus on the impending threat. North Korea is on the verge of achieving the nuclear warhead that would arm their already credible ballistic missiles... North Korea has six nuclear subs and is building more; once they achieve the warhead, the whole game changes.

EatTheRich

President
Clearly, you are unable to focus on the impending threat. North Korea is on the verge of achieving the nuclear warhead that would arm their already credible ballistic missiles... North Korea has six nuclear subs and is building more; once they achieve the warhead, the whole game changes.
N. Korea already has the capability of hitting Seoul with nukes ... or obliterating it with conventional artillery.

The U.S. has an estimated 6,800 nuclear weapons and N. Korea has 10. And the U.A. has used theirs offensively, whereas N. Korea has held theirs in reserve as a deterrent. So give us all a break about how much of a threat they pose.

Days

Commentator
N. Korea already has the capability of hitting Seoul with nukes ... or obliterating it with conventional artillery.

The U.S. has an estimated 6,800 nuclear weapons and N. Korea has 10. And the U.A. has used theirs offensively, whereas N. Korea has held theirs in reserve as a deterrent. So give us all a break about how much of a threat they pose.
North Korea conventional weaponry threat is not even as powerful as South Korea. Add to that the kind of air power we have in the area right now. Like I said earlier, their biggest threat at the moment is chemical weapons they can fire from their artillery, but those units would need to line the border to be in range of Seoul and would become easy targets. Our conventional buildup in the area is geared to meet that threat. And like I said earlier; Seoul could be evacuated for two weeks.

But the nuclear threat is centered around North Korea achieving the small warhead that would dole out their nuclear material to all those medium range ballistic missiles, including their nuclear submarine "fleet". At that point, and it is coming within a year or two, maybe faster, North Korea is a serious nuclear threat. We have a small window of opportunity where they could be denuclearized by force with little collateral damage, but if we choose to wait, that opportunity will be lost, and we will have to add North Korea to the world of nuclear powers, and North Korea is utterly not following any treaties, they are ramping up as fast as they can.

EatTheRich

President
North Korea conventional weaponry threat is not even as powerful as South Korea. Add to that the kind of air power we have in the area right now. Like I said earlier, their biggest threat at the moment is chemical weapons they can fire from their artillery, but those units would need to line the border to be in range of Seoul and would become easy targets. Our conventional buildup in the area is geared to meet that threat. And like I said earlier; Seoul could be evacuated for two weeks.

But the nuclear threat is centered around North Korea achieving the small warhead that would dole out their nuclear material to all those medium range ballistic missiles, including their nuclear submarine "fleet". At that point, and it is coming within a year or two, maybe faster, North Korea is a serious nuclear threat. We have a small window of opportunity where they could be denuclearized by force with little collateral damage, but if we choose to wait, that opportunity will be lost, and we will have to add North Korea to the world of nuclear powers, and North Korea is utterly not following any treaties, they are ramping up as fast as they can.
N. Korea has offered repeatedly to give up its nuclear weapon in exchange for the U.S. removing its nuclear weapons from the Korean Peninsula and an end to S. Korea/U.S./Japan joint military exercises. So if that's really the concern, there's a simple solution.

Days

Commentator
N. Korea has offered repeatedly to give up its nuclear weapon in exchange for the U.S. removing its nuclear weapons from the Korean Peninsula and an end to S. Korea/U.S./Japan joint military exercises. So if that's really the concern, there's a simple solution.
Right, we did that agreement and we held up our end, we removed nuclear weapons from South Korea... then they went back on that agreement when one of our genius presidents labelled them part of the "axis of evil".

So catch up. We have a serious problem here... duh.

EatTheRich

President
Right, we did that agreement and we held up our end, we removed nuclear weapons from South Korea... then they went back on that agreement when one of our genius presidents labelled them part of the "axis of evil".

So catch up. We have a serious problem here... duh.
The U.S. never denuclearized the peninsula nor ended its war games with S. Korea. Nor did it uphold its Clinton-era agreement to supply N. Korea with nuclear fuel in exchange for an end to weapons production.

Days

Commentator
The U.S. never denuclearized the peninsula nor ended its war games with S. Korea. Nor did it uphold its Clinton-era agreement to supply N. Korea with nuclear fuel in exchange for an end to weapons production.
... that's news to me, I guess we still have nuclear weapons in South Korea? who knew? Right now we have nuclear subs in the waters, so it really doesn't matter.

But I haven't seen Kim come to meet us for negotiations; telling Dennis Rodham to have president Obama call him is not getting the job done. Trump reached out to him and what was his response? I have no idea. But I don't see any negotiations happening with North Korea, Trump has put all this heat on them and they are saying, "fvckoff, we are not afraid of you"... and announcing war against SK, Japan, and the US. So I don't see any political opening for negotiations; they have ignored - not only our threats - but also China and Russia's threats as well.

But we keep bringing more heat, so Kim might crack...

Massive Aircraft Carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71)Transit Pacific Ocean
Published on May 10, 2017