• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

General Mattis: A must read for patriotic Americans.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Mattis compares Trump to Nazis.

Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that “The Nazi slogan for destroying us…was ‘Divide and Conquer.’ Our American answer is ‘In Union there is Strength.’” We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis—confident that we are better than our politics.

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I'm not sure how to change the title.
Something's amiss. There used to be an icon in the upper right hand corner, a drop down I think, where you could redo the subject line. So never mind. My money's on someone else posting about this, too.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Mattis is living in the 50's. It's all well and good to call for unity, but that's a feature of our system that no longer exists and hasn't for 60 years. I also notice that he's saying Trump is a 'danger to the Constitution' but doesn't cite anything that Trump has done which is in actual violation of it.

Mattis' America, a united America, doesn't exist. And never will exist again.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Mattis is living in the 50's. It's all well and good to call for unity, but that's a feature of our system that no longer exists and hasn't for 60 years. I also notice that he's saying Trump is a 'danger to the Constitution' but doesn't cite anything that Trump has done which is in actual violation of it.

How predictable...if you criticize the president you should expect Trump Defense Syndrome to take over. Trump's suggestion to use active duty military is hardly according to the constitution.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Which part of the Constitution?

this is odd stuff..

should the president use the military? no. has he invoked the insurrection act? doesnt seem so.

it is an untruth that the law prohibits the action.

this is not an expression of support for the action.

law enforcement is the way, but there has been a lot of inaction.

people have rights.

all of them. not just some of them. the right to peaceably protest is EQUAL to the right to be safe in ones home and community.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Trump defense syndrome is strong in this one....eh?

Mattis strongly objected to this policy change. In a very forceful, direct, and eloquent letter, Mattis resigned effective February 28, 2019. When the letter became widely known, Trump notified Mattis that his resignation would instead become effective January 1.

In other words, Trump fired him.

Hilarious....that you'd turn his resignation into being fired...in essence Trump just changed the date so that he could claim some kind of childish moral victory.

FakeName

Governor