• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Glad I've got a private well for my water.

degsme

Council Member
Yeah, and I'm at danger from CO2, transfats, cancer, lead and mercury poisoning, Fritos, and Potato chips. At least according to the Obamunists.
Again, the cancer and heavy metals poisoning are more likely from your well. Don't see how transfats get into your well water but whatever

The fact is that when you live in a community of 1500 people at an elevation of 4,000 feet, the most serious danger we face is from low flying aircraft, of which there aren't many.
Hmm that's what the folks in the Adirondacs and Green Mountains thought as well. And then Acid rain from the midwest contaminated their water supplies... damaging their private property. And of course you oppose the laws that protect their property (and yours) now from that.

Again, the cancer and heavy metals poisoning are more likely from your well.
Really? After even on 6 acres of virgin mountain land that backs up to the Cherokee National Forest, in a community in which historically consisted of iron ore mining?

And the water of which has filtered through 400 feet of ground and has been tested by both governmental and independent means?

Ohhhh, I'm VERY afraid!

Sorry, but I'll take my chances with my water, and you can keep yours.

degsme

Council Member
Really? After even on 6 acres of virgin mountain land that backs up to the Cherokee National Forest, in a community in which historically consisted of iron ore mining?
Hmmm mining has never used practices that contaminate water tables has it

Citizen

Council Member
400 feet deep and the only thing it cost me is the electricity to run the pump. Pure mountain water.

You city folks though, get ready.

More bad news: U.S. water bills to triple....

First high gas prices, now water. A shocking new report about the nation's crumbling drinking water system says that Americans should expect their bills to double or triple to cover repairs just to keep their faucets pouring. That means adding up to $900 a year more for water, nearly equal the amount of the newly extended payroll tax cut.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/washington-secrets/2012/02/more-bad-news-us-water-bills-triple/317086
Wonder how good that water will taste after some fracking is done around your town.

And the water of which has filtered through 400 feet of ground and has been tested by both governmental and independent means?

Ohhhh, I'm VERY afraid!

Sorry, but I'll take my chances with my water, and you can keep yours.
Sarge, what has got degs going is not the fact that you have your own water supply, it's the fact that you are not dependent on the local government for your water while he has to be.