• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

GM To Buld NewTech Center

MaryAnne

Governor
That is great news!!
I am waiting to hear from Jack.The silence is amazing.

That,along with the Ohio AG backing down and Obama up to 52 things are moving right along

And,oh yes,the unemployment rate dropped to 8.1. Most of those who left the work force are going back to school!:eek:)

S

Sickofleft

That,along with the Ohio AG backing down and Obama up to 52 things are moving right along

And,oh yes,the unemployment rate dropped to 8.1. Most of those who left the work force are going back to school!:eek:)
Vote Obama Biden 2012 and Idiocracy will live!!!

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
Ms. Mary Anne,

Are you suprised? Texas has the best business environment in the nation. I would not be suprised if GM moved their HQ to Houston, like pretty much every other major corporation in the US.

OldGaffer

Governor
DETROIT: General Motors Co plans to add up to 500 jobs at a new information technology center in Austin, Texas, marking the first step in the automaker's goal to bring the bulk of its IT work in-house over the next three years.

GM plans to hire software developers, database experts and others in Austin, the first of potentially four centers in the United States that GM plans to announce over the next year.
GM, the largest US automaker, once a pioneer in outsourcing, said on Friday that bringing IT work in-house will make the company more efficient and productive.

"We're really trying to drive the innovation and development capability of IT inside GM," GM Chief Information Officer Randy Mott said. The changes will "support our business and the overall transformation that's happening within GM as a company."
Bringing jobs back to America, a Wingers biggest fear. Austin is as liberal a location as there is south of the Mason Dixon Line.

MaryAnne

Governor
Ms. Mary Anne,

Are you suprised? Texas has the best business environment in the nation. I would not be suprised if GM moved their HQ to Houston, like pretty much every other major corporation in the US.
I am not a bit surprised. As long as jobs are created in the US I am quite happy. What is important is this is the start of GM doing their own research. You would know that if you read the article!

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Ms. Mary Anne,

Mr Hey,

You grandly overestimate the attraction of Houston and Texas. At this time...52 of the Fortune 500 have their HQs in Texas...and 23 of those are in Houston.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2012/states/TX.html

California...has 53 of the largest companies. 28 are in the SF Bay Area...

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2012/states/CA.html

New York has 50...

Clearly....23 of 500 does not qualify as "moved their HQ to Houston, like pretty much every other major corporation in the US."

TaiPan

Council Member
Not only that MA, but billions for expansion in China and a billion for a new plant in Brazil. Seems like GM might be feeling its oats again. Isn't that be a kick in the pants for old "Let them go Bankrupt" Romney.

Tai Pan

TaiPan

Council Member

Cheer up Bush cut the unemployment rate by packing people off to Iraq and Afghanistan, nothing like extended tours of duty and multiple rotations to open up jobs in the private sector. Think about it. For every national guardsman out on rotation of called up for active duty, a job opened up. So just how many did Bush call up ? Part of the problem now is they are home and coming back home and many of those jobs are no longer available. Nice postponement of consequences.........

Tai Pan

Too bad they're not building cars.....

General Motors CEO – “7 out of 10 GM Vehicles Made Outside US”

“Our commitment to working in China, with China, and for China remains strong and focused on the future.” - Dan Akerson, CEO of GM

Mr. Akerson went on to say that 7 out of 10 GM vehicles are made OUTSIDE of the United States. General Motors has been shrinking its operations in the US while aggressively expanding and investing in Communist China. How does that help with US jobs, Mr. President? And more importantly, why is the UAW still supporting him?

http://www.teapartynation.com/profiles/blog/show?id=3355873:BlogPost:2199962&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_post

TaiPan

Council Member

“Our commitment to working in China, with China, and for China remains strong and focused on the future.” - Dan Akerson, CEO of GM

Mr. Akerson went on to say that 7 out of 10 GM vehicles are made OUTSIDE of the United States. General Motors has been shrinking its operations in the US while aggressively expanding and investing in Communist China. How does that help with US jobs, Mr. President? And more importantly, why is the UAW still supporting him?

http://www.teapartynation.com/profiles/blog/show?id=3355873:BlogPost:2199962&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_post
You know back when GM had profit motive driven by Europe and South America, I guess now that he market is China, there must be a major problem. Damn I wish they were sucking profits out of India, the second biggest market in the free world.

Tai Pan

TaiPan

Council Member

Hey Sarge, how about the simple answer, money is money, as Mr. Romney will tell you with glee.

TaiPan