• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

GO ON THE RECORD on the TAX Bill!

D

Deleted member 21794

Jesus H Christ man, not only are you clueless on economics not knowing that with high interest rates people don't borrow money to buy homes, but your eye sight is also gone.
The graph shown below is the same one I previously posted with the same Y-axis at two percent intervals & the X-axis cut at exactly the year 1980 & note that in 1980 the rate was approximately 15.5%, but let's say 16% for the Carter 1980 year endings.
>
Best Regards
Lobato1.
View attachment 38247
No. You're lying again. Each notch, i.e. 1975, 1980, represents the beginning of that period. Below is a more accurate representation of reality. Also note Jimmy Carter was president until January 1981.

upload_2018-1-17_10-32-7.png

But let's complete your beat down with the hard facts (emphasis added for those with a LOBOTOMY):

If the “proof of the pudding is in the eating,” the statistics on the Carter Administration were nauseating. Automobile prices increased 72%. New house prices went up 67%. In 1979 alone, gasoline prices increased 60%. The inflation rate went from 6.8% in 1977, to 7.6% in 1978, to 11.5% in 1979, to 12.4% in 1980. National productivity declined sharply. The unemployment rate was roughly double what it is today under President Bush. Interest rates soared. By the time Carter left office, the prime rate was 21.5% — a new record.

http://humanevents.com/2007/05/23/jimmy-carters-inferior-years/

But hey, you can always spin it by saying Carter had a "record-setting presidency", right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
No. You're lying again. Each notch, i.e. 1975, 1980, represents the beginning of that period. Below is a more accurate representation of reality. Also note Jimmy Carter was president until January 1981.

View attachment 38261
Makes no difference what he says, I lived through Carters 21% that all but killed construction and if you did have a job at the lumber yard they would give you a couple extra 2x4's just for shopping there.........................

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
BTW
If you expand my graph the prime rate was around 16% at best in the Carter years & it went well over 21% in the Reagan years.
Best Regards
Lobato1
21% during CARTER
I was there and know that is a fact

EatTheRich

President
\.
BS
You do realize that the Obama Administration with all it's floury of regulations & reforms to fix a broken system (most of which Trump has now discarded), didn't touch one single word of the GrammLeachBliley Act huh?
What is more, not even the Left Wing firebrand Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts elected in 2012 has never criticized the GrammLeachBliley Act because it had nothing to do with the Mortgage crisis.
BOTTOM LINE
I will admit that the GrammLeachBliley Act BS has served the far right great thinker's et al. (& that haven't got a clue), as a talking point to then blame Clinton about the mortgage crisis.
Sad.
Best Regards
Lobato1

That says more about the limits of Obama and Warren's "leftism"

Lobato1

Mayor
That says more about the limits of Obama and Warren's "leftism"
Huh?
WTF:
So now the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act you Right-Wing nuts were claiming was Bill Clinton's .
hidden "Conservative " agenda is, "leftism"????
Sweet Baby Jesus, I LUV this, it makes my day;
Man, you guys just keep running into each other with your BS.
ROTFLMAO
Best Regards
Lobato1

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Huh?
WTF:
So now the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act you Right-Wing nuts were claiming was Bill Clinton's .
hidden "Conservative " agenda is, "leftism"????
Sweet Baby Jesus, I LUV this, it makes my day;
Man, you guys just keep running into each other with your BS.
ROTFLMAO
Best Regards
Lobato1
ETR is so far from the right it makes you look stupid for even posting it......

ROTFLMFAO

Lobato1

Mayor
ETR is so far from the right it makes you look stupid for even posting it......

ROTFLMFAO
BULL SHIT!
Talking about looking stupid, compared to your Ultra Right Wing Zealotry, John Birch would be viewed as a raging Marxist.
Best Regards
Lobato1

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
BULL SHIT!
Talking about looking stupid, compared to your Ultra Right Wing Zealotry, John Birch would be viewed as a raging Marxist.
Best Regards
Lobato1
You've made 3 o4 post in years......disagree till blue in the face and passed out on the beach.......ETR is so far from being on the Right as YOU are....................

FACT