• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Go on the record - What should the United States do with regard to ISIS?

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Lets get everyone here on the record so they can't change sides based on how the conflict is going.

Particularly I would like to ask Bugsy what he specifically thinks should be done about ISIS as Bugsy said I could ask him directly.

I (SW48) think the president should support a coalition of nations against ISIS. Give them technological help, air strike and air support help wherever they need it with regard to ISIS, and give some equipment and training to ground forces fighting against ISIS for however long it takes to subdue them. I don't want to see any USA ground troops at all except for the ones needed to gather intelligence, train our allies, and support the air strikes. Also USA should use drones when necessary.

And there is a lot of talk about the border in the USA. I can't believe anyone would be against enforcing and closing the border between the USA and Mexico.

Your up, what do you all think? Lets hear your personal thoughts before action is taken one way or the other, so you can go on the record...

EatTheRich

President
Lets get everyone here on the record so they can't change sides based on how the conflict is going.

Particularly I would like to ask Bugsy what he specifically thinks should be done about ISIS as Bugsy said I could ask him directly.

I (SW48) think the president should support a coalition of nations against ISIS. Give them technological help, air strike and air support help wherever they need it with regard to ISIS, and give some equipment and training to ground forces fighting against ISIS for however long it takes to subdue them.

And there is a lot of talk about the border in the USA. I can't believe anyone would be against enforcing and closing the border between the USA and Mexico.

Your up, what do you all think? Lets hear your personal thoughts before action is taken one way or the other, so you can go on the record...
I think the U.S. should ease the flow of arms to the peshmerga and Iranian forces who should take the lead in the fight against ISIS, as well as the Free Syrian Army which represents an alternative among the anti-Assad forces in Syria ... this includes eliminating the sanctions against Iran. I think the U.S. should turn control of its strategic oil reserve over to OPEC to allow for rational allocation of its oil resources to undermine ISIS's strength ... while opening its borders, eliminating the foreign debt of Iraq, Syria, and other countries, and providing no-questions-asked humanitarian aid to people on all sides of the lines in Iraq and Syria. I think the U.S. should cut off military aid to Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and other potential ISIS funding sources. I think the U.S. should set an example for anti-terrorism by immediately cutting off all its support for any terrorist groups whatsoever.

Bugsy McGurk

President
You asked very nicely and I am happy to tell you.

I do not think we should we should be bombing Iraq and Syria with the goal of taking out ISIS. And I certainly don't think we should put our troops there. I think the threat of ISIS to the US is wildly overblown, and the Iraqi government and the Kurds should get rid of ISIS in Iraq. Syria is such a mess that they should all keep killing each other.

connieb

Senator

I (SW48) think the president should support a coalition of nations against ISIS. Give them technological help, air strike and air support help wherever they need it with regard to ISIS, and give some equipment and training to ground forces fighting against ISIS for however long it takes to subdue them. I don't want to see any USA ground troops at all except for the ones needed to gather intelligence, train our allies, and support the air strikes. Also USA should use drones when necessary.

Provide air support as requested - and PAID for by the countries that request it. ie. if Iraq wants air support - they get a bill. Otherwise, invest heavily in our intelligence so they can't go poo without us knowing the exact GPS location of it. Occasionally, when we can, take out a few of the big guys with some drones. Concentrate on stuff like computer hacking, monitoring and tracking and seizing their money to stem the flow of funds to them. So, provide air support to Iraq if requested, even support Iran if requested and they pay for it. DO NOT give weapons to anyone. Beef up intelligence so we can make sure they don't get too powerful to become a direct matieral risk to us. When possible, kill a few with drones. Try to shut down their web traffic and money flow - crash and hack their pages, crash and hack the social media they use beat them with tech and air power. The ONLY time I would agree to any boots on the ground, would be the occasional black ops mission.

No occupation, no long term investment - and WE get paid for our costs.

connie

connieb

Senator
Sheesh, I sure wish Iraq would pay us for GWB 's Iraq debacle - we could use a couple of trillion.

;-)
We could. We should have taken the revenue and required that we were reimbursed for all the infrastructure rebuilding we did. I do not want to see us make the same mistake again. I don't want to be the world police, but if the official Gov't is really going to ask for our "help" it comes with a price tag.

Bugsy McGurk

President
We could. We should have taken the revenue and required that we were reimbursed for all the infrastructure rebuilding we did. I do not want to see us make the same mistake again. I don't want to be the world police, but if the official Gov't is really going to ask for our "help" it comes with a price tag.
I wish we heard that sentiment when GWB was cranking up his Iraq war machine.

Charcat

One of the Patsy's

I agree with your ideas, SW, but I would also like to add "no rules of engagement" to ANY of our troops that are on the ground--those training, specials ops, etc.

Charcat

One of the Patsy's

I do not think we should we should be bombing Iraq and Syria with the goal of taking out ISIS. And I certainly don't think we should put our troops there. I think the threat of ISIS to the US is wildly overblown, and the Iraqi government and the Kurds should get rid of ISIS in Iraq. Syria is such a mess that they should all keep killing each other.
So, your suggestion is to do nothing?

BRU

Mayor

Overblown?
Were you sleeping during 9-11?

Jen

Senator

I think Obama should announce that we will get rid of ISIS in whatever way is necessary. Period. No details.

Then we should provide air support (bombing) of ISIS wherever they sit in Iraq and Syria. We should support the local troops from the air and let them be the feet on their own ground. Bomb their oil sources, bomb whatever else gives them power.

And our bombing shouldn't stop until ISIS is demolished however long that takes.
And then we let them rebuild for themselves - they have the money - they don't need our financial support. There are plenty of American companies and/or engineers willing to give their expert help with the Iraq/ Syria money.

And P.S.
If Obama wastes everyone's time by trying to assign blame............. he deserves every single bad name anyone can think of to call him.

Caroljo

Senator
Now why would anyone mention Bush when discussing his Iraq mess?

;-)
Obama seemed to think he could take care of the mess, otherwise he wouldn't have run for President. This is HIS mess now, no matter how you try to spin it. Your President is a failure and has NO CLUE what to do. Whatever becomes of this is on his head......

BRU

Mayor

Kill as many of those head chopping, blood thirsty terrorists as he can. Bomb them into oblivion. Bomb them WHERE EVER they hide. Get some back up from other Nations, but if they don't help screw them- go in alone. They want to kill Americans, they HAVE killed Americans. No boots, carpet bomb the shit out of them.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Obama seemed to think he could take care of the mess, otherwise he wouldn't have run for President. This is HIS mess now, no matter how you try to spin it. Your President is a failure and has NO CLUE what to do. Whatever becomes of this is on his head......
Obama and people like me predicted that GWB's Iraq war would lead to sectarian chaos, that has occurred, and you clear GWB and blame Obama.

Lunacy.

MrMike

Bless you all
Obama has already sent out the preview to the media with his PR inspired catch-phrases for talking points. He will focus on a "Relentless Effort" to "Degrade & Destroy" and execute the strategy using an international coalition. This includes offering aid/training to the rebels in Syria along with air-power.

This begs the question, which rebels?

It's a no-win situation no matter who is President.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Kill as many of those head chopping, blood thirsty terrorists as he can. Bomb them into oblivion. Bomb them WHERE EVER they hide. Get some back up from other Nations, but if they don't help screw them- go in alone. They want to kill Americans, they HAVE killed Americans. No boots, carpet bomb the shit out of them.
They hide in cities. Should we carpet bomb the cities?