1. Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?
    Dismiss Notice

God punishing California with fires because of plastic straw ban.

Discussion in 'Trash Heap' started by Puzzling Evidence, Nov 12, 2018.

1. JackDallas

JackDallas Senator Supporting Member

Knowledge and lesser are subjective terms. If you have to convince people of your intellectual superiority, you may be the chief doubter of your own worth.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. JackDallas

And that was an improvement over what Obama did to it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  3. Days

Days Governor

I lived through the 70's also... barely. I lived in San Diego back in '81-'82, and not only the dolphins but the pelicans got me all worked up too. I'm down with no off-shore drilling, and have posted for years that the entire west coast needs to go to electric cars, the smog out there is ridiculous. But instead they ban plastic straws... cuz you know, one turtle suffered... and the turtle is hardly going to notice a difference because those 10 rivers are doing all the damage... so I see that as doing nothing for the entire ocean, but hey, maybe it makes the turtles on our coastline happier, so there's that. And what's wrong with drinking from the glass? (If it is clean).

Back in the 70's the Cocaine wasn't much different than the stuff they put in Cocaine Cola when it first came out, no one was dying from snorting or rubbing the caine, the drug became evil when they started smoking it (crack cocaine). Crystal Meth did a number on me and speed... and it only took 6 months and I was good as dead. But I found Jesus in San Diego (or did he find me?) so I'm still here, and I am a living breathing warning to my son not to do drugs, all I have to say to him is, "you don't want to end up as messed up as I am" and he gets it, even though I went straight, there's still chemicals impacting us, for me it was industrial painting (the thinner) and wood working with oil based. I told my wife to stop spraying black flag on the ants, let the ants live... maybe we will also.

No, really, I don't understand the political landscape; I don't get this battle between the left and right, it seems too stupid to actually work on intelligent human beings. We all want pretty much the same thing from our government, who cares about these ideaologies? I think the whole program is stupid. A republic is supposed to work by ALL the representatives coming together on ALL the issues, heck when it was first set up, the guy who got the most votes was president and the guy who got the 2nd most votes was vice president, we weren't supposed to divide into political parties and fight each other tooth and nail, we were supposed to be ALL on the same side, one people, indivisible, working together, killing the natives, stealing their land, and making it our home.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  4. Woolleybugger

Woolleybugger Mayor

Well said. I think the reason the right always supports anti-environmentalism is because the left supports it. It's idiotic that all of us are not rabid environmentalists. Sure some of the environmentalists go too far but reasonable people can keep them tethered. I fly fish. Why fly fisherman support people like Zinke is beyond my reach, the guy would sell off all public waters if he could. Oh well...thanks for the reply.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Puzzling Evidence

Puzzling Evidence Free range human living on a tax farm.

Great, let's all avoid the actual topic of California being a bunch of naked hippies...

Typical.

6. Puzzling Evidence

God abhors a naked hippie.
    --Elbert Einstein.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. JackDallas

Was Elbert Albert's brother?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. JackDallas

The Right doesn't oppose evironmentalism. It just doesn't support the stupid shit the Left imposes on citizens, like not allowing people to clear high prairie grass around their house to lessen the danger of wildfires (for the alleged purpose of preserving the homes of some prairie dog, rat, or some other useless critter).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  9. Phat Mama

Phat Mama Council Member

No kidding?????

Flying into sac is not akin to driving down the coast now, is it?

10. Puzzling Evidence

What the hell is an "Elbert?"

Damn whiskey...

11. JackDallas

God abhors a naked hippie.
    --Elbert Einstein.
    PE #67

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Puzzling Evidence

Yes, I'm well aware. Thank God I'm fallible, otherwise I would be insufferable.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Puzzling Evidence

i'm hoping that Trump will stay away from his silly campaign promises and get to work on the opioid crises, prison reform and a host of other problems that i really believe that he has the audacity to fix.

If Trump could just make meaningful changes to our judicial system - he's the best POTUS ever. Not kidding.

Started a thread about this; not one person posted in it because it wasn't about some Liberal acting like a jackass.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. miketx

miketx Council Member

Politicians are sick and tired of people grasping at them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Phat Mama

Phat Mama Council Member

Yes, I know.

My friend flies into Sac.

16. Phat Mama

Phat Mama Council Member

@Woolleybugger , I disagree.

I also didn't realize how old this thread was when I posted in it a few moments ago.

You want to talk about the realities of California?

I'll wait for you to start a new thread.

(((hugs)))

17. Woolleybugger

Woolleybugger Mayor

no problem, not really interested in hearing right wingers bash my home and state.

• Agree Agree x 1