• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

God said so

Boltlady

Mayor
So many things happen supposedly because 'God said so'. Israel insists that the Palestinian land is theirs because God said so. Just a couple of days ago a woman ran over a motorcyclist because she said that God said she should let Jesus drive.
Police: Driver Who Asked Jesus To Take The Wheel Hit Motorcyclist « CBS Cleveland
"The Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette reports 25-year-old Prionda Hill told authorities she let go of the wheel because “God told her he would take it from here.”
Some years ago a woman in a nearby city cut off her 2 little daughter's arms because she said God told her to do that. In fact a lot of people do things because they say that God said so. These days we generally consider them schizophrenic. They either get institutionalized or at least get put on meds.

Somehow I don't understand why all those people from 2 or 3 thousand years ago who made all kinds of proclamations because they told people that God said so, are still considered the ones to believe. What makes people so sure that they weren't schizophrenic too?

Mr. Friscus

Governor
So many things happen supposedly because 'God said so'. Israel insists that the Palestinian land is theirs because God said so. Just a couple of days ago a woman ran over a motorcyclist because she said that God said she should let Jesus drive.
Police: Driver Who Asked Jesus To Take The Wheel Hit Motorcyclist « CBS Cleveland
"The Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette reports 25-year-old Prionda Hill told authorities she let go of the wheel because “God told her he would take it from here.”
Some years ago a woman in a nearby city cut off her 2 little daughter's arms because she said God told her to do that. In fact a lot of people do things because they say that God said so. These days we generally consider them schizophrenic. They either get institutionalized or at least get put on meds.

Somehow I don't understand why all those people from 2 or 3 thousand years ago who made all kinds of proclamations because they told people that God said so, are still considered the ones to believe. What makes people so sure that they weren't schizophrenic too?
You just outlined the exact reason why a church body must exist.

Whether it be individuals belonging to an individual church, and then that church belonging to a church body, such as the Catholic Church.

If people ran around and acted impulsively outside of the religion but claimed the religion.. what good is the religion?

The whole reason Mohammad's story is largely questioned is because he was the only one who experienced it. There's no cross-reference. Compare that to Jesus, who was witnessed and written about by many many sources, witnessed by thousands, and proven historically.

Jen

Senator

Let's take God out of it for the moment.

Fact: Both Arabs and Israelites have occupied that land for over a thousand years.

Fact: There has never been a Nation of Palestine. There are people who call themselves "Palestinians". They are non-Jewish Arabs.

Both groups have legitimate claim to the area known as Israel and/or Palestine. From what I am able to see the Israelites are trying to shut off the tunnels and other things that enable the Palestinians to strike them. Israel is strong enough to blow the Palestinians completely out of there.................but it is not doing that.

Palestine, if it had the capability to blow Israel completely out of there WOULD do it in a heartbeat because that is their goal.

For that reason, I stand with Israel.

Some may put God into the equation in hopes of herding people around.
My reason is free of God .......... it is just the common sense conclusion.

MrMike

Bless you all
Face it. Hamas is losing. You can only hide your cowardice behind women and children for so long before even the leftist media figures it out.

There is no Palestine and as long as they (Palestinians) use terrorism as their core platform of negotiation there never will be. Get over it.

:)

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Israel gave Pallies land/homes/green houses and moved back about 10 yrs ago I think it was.............what did they do..........same as our American HUD dwellers..........destroyed all instead of making life better................voted in Hamas, placed missiles in homes/school/civilian areas and shoot 1000's of missiles toward Israel.............good thing 'O' isn't in charge there..........he'd surrender to Hamas......as he's doing to mexico and illegals.

4/15

Mayor
I do not believe a god of any kind exists. As for the people who live the middle east I have pity for them for living in a place no human should live. As long as they do not involve the USA or any major nation I do not care about the people.

Jen

Senator
I do not believe a god of any kind exists. As for the people who live the middle east I have pity for them for living in a place no human should live. As long as they do not involve the USA or any major nation I do not care about the people.
THEY believe that a God exists.

Your belief one way or another matters not to any of them.

Boltlady

Mayor
Let's take God out of it for the moment.

Fact: Both Arabs and Israelites have occupied that land for over a thousand years.

Fact: There has never been a Nation of Palestine. There are people who call themselves "Palestinians". They are non-Jewish Arabs.

Both groups have legitimate claim to the area known as Israel and/or Palestine. From what I am able to see the Israelites are trying to shut off the tunnels and other things that enable the Palestinians to strike them. Israel is strong enough to blow the Palestinians completely out of there.................but it is not doing that.

Palestine, if it had the capability to blow Israel completely out of there WOULD do it in a heartbeat because that is their goal.

For that reason, I stand with Israel.

Some may put God into the equation in hopes of herding people around.
My reason is free of God .......... it is just the common sense conclusion.
Palestinians and Jews lived peacefully side by side for over a thousand years on that land. As for 'legitimate' claims, that came in '48 when part of it was designated Israel and part of it Palestinian territory. That hasn't been good enough for the Israelis, they want the Palestinian part too and have gradually been taking it.

As for the Jews who live there claiming 'legitimacy' because of some edict from God, the majority of them are pretenders. They are Jewish by chosen religion only, not by ancestry according to DNA tests. It's like trying to claim an inheritance from a wealthy family because you have the same last name but aren't actually related.

The sheer viciousness being displayed as it often is by Israel, would turn my stomach even if they did have a claim, which as I said I don't believe they do. If the complete lack of humanity is fine with you then that is part of your being.

So be it.

Boltlady

Mayor
Israel gave Pallies land/homes/green houses and moved back about 10 yrs ago I think it was.............what did they do..........same as our American HUD dwellers..........destroyed all instead of making life better................voted in Hamas, placed missiles in homes/school/civilian areas and shoot 1000's of missiles toward Israel.............good thing 'O' isn't in charge there..........he'd surrender to Hamas......as he's doing to mexico and illegals.
Dawg, you're relying too heavily on the information you get from the MSM. The picture is quite different than they present.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Palestinians and Jews lived peacefully side by side for over a thousand years on that land. As for 'legitimate' claims, that came in '48 when part of it was designated Israel and part of it Palestinian territory. That hasn't been good enough for the Israelis, they want the Palestinian part too and have gradually been taking it.

As for the Jews who live there claiming 'legitimacy' because of some edict from God, the majority of them are pretenders. They are Jewish by chosen religion only, not by ancestry according to DNA tests. It's like trying to claim an inheritance from a wealthy family because you have the same last name but aren't actually related.

The sheer viciousness being displayed as it often is by Israel, would turn my stomach even if they did have a claim, which as I said I don't believe they do. If the complete lack of humanity is fine with you then that is part of your being.

So be it.
There is NO such race as Palestinians..............

MrMike

Bless you all
She can't. If you notice she claims the MSM cannot represent the info correctly and somehow she has "special" insight into what is going on. Uhh huh...right

The reality is she's a shill for Hamas.

then prove what I posted is false_________________

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member

Read the bible; that might help you to understand it.

4/15

Mayor
THEY believe that a God exists.

Your belief one way or another matters not to any of them.
And their belief is their problem:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/cogs.12138/abstract

Researchers: Children exposed to religion have difficulty distinguishing fact from fiction
By Scott Kaufman
Friday, July 18, 2014 12:28 EDT

A study published in the July issue of Cognitive Science determined that children who are not exposed to religious stories are better able to tell that characters in “fantastical stories” are fictional — whereas children raised in a religious environment even “approach unfamiliar, fantastical stories flexibly.”

In “Judgments About Fact and Fiction by Children From Religious and Nonreligious Backgrounds,” Kathleen Corriveau, Eva Chen, and Paul Harris demonstrate that children typically have a “sensitivity to the implausible or magical elements in a narrative,” and can determine whether the characters in the narrative are real or fictional by references to fantastical elements within the narrative, such as “invisible sails” or “a sword that protects you from danger every time.”

However, children raised in households in which religious narratives are frequently encountered do not treat those narratives with the same skepticism. The authors believed that these children would “think of them as akin to fairy tales,” judging “the events described in them as implausible or magical and conclude that the protagonists in such narratives are only pretend.”

And yet, “this prediction is likely to be wrong,” because “with appropriate testimony from adults” in religious households, children “will conceive of the protagonist in such narratives as a real person — even if the narrative includes impossible events.”

The researchers took 66 children between the ages of five and six and asked them questions about stories — some of which were drawn from fairy tales, others from the Old Testament — in order to determine whether the children believed the characters in them were real or fictional.

“Children with exposure to religion — via church attendance, parochial schooling, or both — judged [characters in religious stories] to be real,” the authors wrote. “By contrast, children with no such exposure judged them to be pretend,” just as they had the characters in fairy tales. But children with exposure to religion judged many characters in fantastical, but not explicitly religious stories, to also be real — the equivalent of being incapable of differentiating between Mark Twain’s character Tom Sawyer and an account of George Washington’s life.

This conclusion contradicts previous studies in which children were said to be “born believers,” i.e. that they possessed “a natural credulity toward extraordinary beings with superhuman powers. Indeed, secular children responded to religious stories in much the same way as they responded to fantastical stories — they judged the protagonist to be pretend.”

The researchers also determined that “religious teaching, especially exposure to miracle stories, leads children to a more generic receptivity toward the impossible, that is, a more wide-ranging acceptance that the impossible can happen in defiance of ordinary causal relations.”

["Child praying" on Shutterstock]

Boltlady

Mayor
Read the bible; that might help you to understand it.
Tried that a few times but the variables and contradictions are more than I can buy. Another thing that always got to me was all of the dialogue that got written oh so many years after the 'fact'. Was somebody taking shorthand and then preserving their notes?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
And your point is ....?
you Pallie supporters are fools................and support hamas=terrorist.........

look..........hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............I hated Jews a decade ago.........but......some of my friends posting made me re-think..........well.......some may be OK..........but not enough to change my thoughts of Jews..........they voted LIBERAL..they ball suckers...IMO

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
And your point is ....?
Point...........there are no Pallies...........just a bunch of ignorant Arabs making babies like welfare Americans...........hope both soon no longer on earth.........