• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Good bullet article for ccw loads

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
I like 125gr gold dots in my 357sig.
I carry a 38+p s&w an have switched to a 148 plated wadcutter as with a short barrel hot PDF ammo is a waste of money. That's the summer carry, winter I carry a SIG 229 with 124 or 147 golden sabre pellets

freyasman

Senator
I carry a 38+p s&w an have switched to a 148 plated wadcutter as with a short barrel hot PDF ammo is a waste of money. That's the summer carry, winter I carry a SIG 229 with 124 or 147 golden sabre pellets
Someone makes a 135gr short barrel load for that that's got a good rep, but I can't remember who off the top of my head. And the old 158gr+P lead HP FBI load is always a good one, but I'm with you on the wadcutter myself. I like the light recoil.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Yeah, but still too big to carry and a custom made cartridge..... weird choice for a carry gun, not that I didn't enjoy the Dirty Harry movie it was in.
I own a S&W 629 six in barrel, big and heavy, very accurate, quite a kick at both ends, and after fifty rounds you're ready to put it away.
Fact is I'm seriously thinking of selling it as it's turning into a safe queen.

freyasman

Senator
I own a S&W 629 six in barrel, big and heavy, very accurate, quite a kick at both ends, and after fifty rounds you're ready to put it away.
I got a couple that I haven't shot in a few years but they ain't going anywhere.... they are going to be mine till I'm dead, then the kids can divvy them up. Except for the ones that go with me on my funeral boat.

.44 mag ammo is very expensive, even if you reload. I love my .44 lever action but I don't shoot it much for that reason. I'm looking for a .38/.357 lever action that I can shoot more freely, since .38 ammo is still pretty cheap.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
.44 mag ammo is very expensive, even if you reload. I love my .44 lever action but I don't shoot it much for that reason. I'm looking for a .38/.357 lever action that I can shoot more freely, since .38 ammo is still pretty cheap.
I reload all my stuff, I cast my own bullets as well, sure keeps the cost down for the larger calibers.