• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

GOP gearing up to sabotage Obama's anti-ISIS plan....

Bugsy McGurk

President
First, GOP haters will demand more detail from Obama than he is willing to give at Wednesday's speech - something that ISIS would love to have, but patriots know that is not in the USA's interest.

Second, GOP haters are already howling that we should put more "boots on the ground" to root out ISIS, something that would be very costly to the USA in terms of casualties. Meanwhile, Obama and the Pentagon hope to get others to do the dirty work of rooting out ISIS on the ground. Once those others hear Pugs carping about Obama not putting more ground troops in, they will be more reluctant to do it themselves, since the GOP carping will provide them with hope that the US will just take care of all of it.

Patriots wish that the GOP haters would just shut up and stay out of the way, but the haters just hate Obama too much, and love their GOP cult too much, to do that.

And that's a shame.

Colorforms

Senator
First, GOP haters will demand more detail from Obama than he is willing to give at Wednesday's speech - something that ISIS would love to have, but patriots know that is not in the USA's interest.

Second, GOP haters are already howling that we should put more "boots on the ground" to root out ISIS, something that would be very costly to the USA in terms of casualties. Meanwhile, Obama and the Pentagon hope to get others to do the dirty work of rooting out ISIS on the ground. Once those others hear Pugs carping about Obama not putting more ground troops in, they will be more reluctant to do it themselves, since the GOP carping will provide them with hope that the US will just take care of all of it.

Patriots wish that the GOP haters would just shut up and stay out of the way, but the haters just hate Obama too much, and love their GOP cult too much, to do that.

And that's a shame.
There are groups that have wanted our support in taking out ISIS for over a year now, and Barry has hamstrung them every step of the way, while continuing to arm ISIS. Why the sudden change of heart?

When ISIS called themselves the "Arab Spring", Obama and his knob-polishers were cheering them. Then, when Obama signaled to ISIS to go ahead and carry out more attacks with his "we don't have a strategy" speech, again the knob-polishers lined up to cheer the president's failure. I don't expect much to change now...

Bugsy McGurk

President
There are groups that have wanted our support in taking out ISIS for over a year now, and Barry has hamstrung them every step of the way, while continuing to arm ISIS. Why the sudden change of heart?
Let me know if you can manage to focus on the topic.

Bugsy McGurk

President
When ISIS called themselves the "Arab Spring", Obama and his knob-polishers were cheering them. Then, when Obama signaled to ISIS to go ahead and carry out more attacks with his "we don't have a strategy" speech, again the knob-polishers lined up to cheer the president's failure. I don't expect much to change now...
I know better than to ask you to focus on the topic. You much prefer obsessing about "knob polishing."

;-)

Bugsy McGurk

President
Your concession is noted.

Wow, Bugs, not even bothering with your usual irrational banter first today. Are you feeling alright?
The topic is GOP sabotage of the Obama plan that has not even been announced yet, and your post babbles about (unspecified) things that you now claim Obama should have done in the past.

You were one light year from the topic - if you can focus on the topic despite your GOP ADD, let me know.

Klunker

Council Member
If the POTUS helped an old lady cross the street, the ODS'ers would complain that he either made her wait on the curb until traffic passed or that she was undeserving of such "privileged" attention.

The POTUS has grown smarter in how to deal with a Congress that won't do their job. Immigration... Instead of going forward with an executive order, he will let Congress hash it out. That way, as immigration becomes a point of contention for the November elections, it will be the fault of a do-nothing Congress. And... ISIS. They squawk because he doesn't do more. They squawk because he calls for air strikes. No matter what the strategy, Congress will fight and harp. He will present his plan to Congress on Tuesday. His Wednesday speech will outline the strategy. He will give Congress a short time to act. If they don't put politics aside and act, he'll move forward on his own.
"For the good of the County" is no longer anything considered by the Congress. It's "Don't make me do anything that could be used against me in the next campaign."
So, the POTUS... the POTUS who has issued fewer executive orders than any President in recent history... will probably need to act on both ISIS and immigration. He'll give Congress a chance, first, so they can shoulder the blame for being the cowards they are in not coming together to seek resolution to the various and numerous crisis facing America.

Colorforms

Senator
The topic is GOP sabotage of the Obama plan that has not even been announced yet, and your post babbles about (unspecified) things that you now claim Obama should have done in the past.

You were one light year from the topic - if you can focus on the topic despite your GOP ADD, let me know.
So, since no GOP plan to sabotage Barry's plan even exists, everything is "off topic" because there is really nothing to talk about.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Any comment on the topic?

Sure.

Whatever Obama decides to do, you'll be for it. If he says he's decided to send a drone to blow up your house, you'll agree that's a brilliant idea.

Obama already has put boots on the ground, albeit in limited numbers. Whenever he sends them, you're for it. If he sends none, you're for that, and if he sends a thousand, you're for that. There's a pattern there.

Obama has authorized bombing raids into: Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Pakistan, Yemen, and Somalia. So now he's going to authorize more bombing missions. Okay, go for it. If McCain calls for this, you will ridicule him. Since Obama is doing this, you're for it.

Now go back to your hate on the GOP. I really don't care, since I think politicians in general have no real solutions.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Sure.

Whatever Obama decides to do, you'll be for it. If he says he's decided to send a drone to blow up your house, you'll agree that's a brilliant idea.

Obama already has put boots on the ground, albeit in limited numbers. Whenever he sends them, you're for it. If he sends none, you're for that, and if he sends a thousand, you're for that. There's a pattern there.

Obama has authorized bombing raids into: Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Pakistan, Yemen, and Somalia. So now he's going to authorize more bombing missions. Okay, go for it. If McCain calls for this, you will ridicule him. Since Obama is doing this, you're for it.

Now go back to your hate on the GOP. I really don't care, since I think politicians in general have no real solutions.
Again, way off topic.

Why can't you confront the GOP sabotage? Does it embarass you? It should.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member

And that's a shame.

I watched a lot of news programs over the weekend and didn't see any Democrats or Republicans saying they wanted boots on the ground other than a few to help with the air strikes.

And yes, the president should come out and say he is just trying to build a coalition, meanwhile preparing for massive air strikes, so as not to tip off ISIS.

And he should send the bill for the cost of the bombing to Saudi Arabia and surrounding nations to be paid immediately.