• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

GOP vs Dem Prez recession record in last 60 years:

Lobato1

Mayor
Let me guess to see if I get your BS right::

In the AWOL/Deserter's era with his Iraq war that made him rise the prime rate to pay for it in 2005 & that in turn produced the 2007 mortgage crisis.
It was Congress' fault

But until last week, it was Prez Obama's fault that the economy sucked
& not a hostile GOP congress trying to undermine his administration

02-15-2012 11:06 AM#1
Lukey

How many are buying Obama's "dog ate my homework" excuse...

For why he can't do his job? Show of hands please...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ot_deeper.html

But this week that the economy seems to be picking up, it's thanks to a GOP congress, unless it heads south, in which it will be Prez Obama's fault.

Did I get your BS right?

Best Regards
Lobato1

:deadhorse:Oh, yes, and did I mention most economic policy comes out of Congress, which may or may not be in the hands of the same party as the President at any given time? Please, feel free to invest time in these foolish theories as that will only curtail the time you have available to make a coherent argument against Republicans in defense of Obama's Marxist agenda.:deadhorse:

Lobato1

Mayor
GOPers never undid Clinton's tax hikes on the rich until the AWOL/Deserter's era

that then gave back the tax cuts for the rich along with two recessions.

Sad.

Best Regards
Lobato1

It was Clinton vetoing republican budget busting, republicans have no street creds on being fiscal conservatives, none.

Bruce

Council Member
Question, since it is congress that controls spending, which party controlled Congress for the most of those 60 years.

And I can tell you this, every budget that was proposed by either a Republican in the White House or a Republican in Congress that CUT SPENDING, and that includes Paul Ryan's current budget, has been shot down by either a Democratically controlled Congress or a Democrat in the White House, with the exception of the Gingrich/ Clinton budget.
Yup, just like Reagan said, IF I DON'T AGREE WITH THEM I HAVE THE POWER OF THE VETO.

DefeatObama

Council Member
Eight to One

Here's the count. You decide.

• Dwight Eisenhower: 2 recessions
  • Richard Nixon & Gerald Ford: 2 recessions
  • Ronald Reagan: 1 recession
  • George H.W. Bush: 1 recession
  • George W. Bush: 2 recessions

Here are the Democrats:

• John Kennedy & Lyndon Johnson: no recessions
  • Jimmy Carter: one recession, the briefest of the era
  • Bill Clinton: no recessions

Very, very tough huh DIEHARD Cons?
Live with it.

Best Regards
Lobato1
somebody want to show me where the Prez has anything to do with the recession, or expansion, under the constitution.

or the congress for that matter?

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec8.html
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Article2

Bruce

Council Member
Now try digging a little deeper and see how it does when Congress is in the hands of the party that doesn't control the White House.
Very simple LUKE! President submit's the budget and congress in most cases ok's it. Sometimes has some changes and sometimes not but the real truth is policy of the administration. Cut taxes with no way to pay for war's mean's raising the debt ceiling. Enter Reagan, HW Bush and GW Bush. Tea partier's cost us 100 billion dollars just by setting on their hand's. 322.00 added to debt for each american because they could'nt add 2+2.