• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Got Milk?

NightSwimmer

Senator
Animal moms customize milk depending on baby's sex

By LAURAN NEERGAARD
AP Medical Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A special blend of mother's milk just for girls? New research shows animal moms are customizing their milk in surprising ways depending on whether they have a boy or a girl.

The studies raise questions for human babies, too - about how to choose the donor milk that's used for hospitalized preemies, or whether we should explore gender-specific infant formula.

"There's been this myth that mother's milk is pretty standard," said Harvard University evolutionary biologist Katie Hinde, whose research suggests that's far from true - in monkeys and cows, at least.

Instead, "the biological recipes for sons and daughters may be different," she told a meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science on Friday.

Pediatricians have long stressed that breast milk is best when it comes to baby's first food. Breast-fed infants are healthier, suffering fewer illnesses such as diarrhea, earaches or pneumonia during the first year of life and less likely to develop asthma or obesity later on.

Havelock

Mayor
Animal moms customize milk depending on baby's sex

By LAURAN NEERGAARD
AP Medical Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A special blend of mother's milk just for girls? New research shows animal moms are customizing their milk in surprising ways depending on whether they have a boy or a girl.

The studies raise questions for human babies, too - about how to choose the donor milk that's used for hospitalized preemies, or whether we should explore gender-specific infant formula.

"There's been this myth that mother's milk is pretty standard," said Harvard University evolutionary biologist Katie Hinde, whose research suggests that's far from true - in monkeys and cows, at least.

Instead, "the biological recipes for sons and daughters may be different," she told a meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science on Friday.

Pediatricians have long stressed that breast milk is best when it comes to baby's first food. Breast-fed infants are healthier, suffering fewer illnesses such as diarrhea, earaches or pneumonia during the first year of life and less likely to develop asthma or obesity later on.
Very interesting... We're learning so much, so fast these days about biology in general and biochemistry in particular. It's exhilarating, really.

Thanks.

Yes, according to that dream study they just had in the news, I dream like a man!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dreamscloud/do-men-and-women-dream-di_b_4725360.html

Maybe someone switched the breast milk on me...

Hello, my dear. Happy Valentine' Day (belated... I know, story of my life!). Just popping in to say "hi" and I miss you... and several others here (you know who you are). Can't stay and chat, gotta get to bed and catch up on my sleep. Same old, same old, too much work, not enough time for fun... oh, well.

But I think of you often and wish I could come out and play. Maybe one of these days...

xxoo

Havelock

Mayor
Yes, according to that dream study they just had in the news, I dream like a man!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dreamscloud/do-men-and-women-dream-di_b_4725360.html

Maybe someone switched the breast milk on me...

Hello, my dear. Happy Valentine' Day (belated... I know, story of my life!). Just popping in to say "hi" and I miss you... and several others here (you know who you are). Can't stay and chat, gotta get to bed and catch up on my sleep. Same old, same old, too much work, not enough time for fun... oh, well.

But I think of you often and wish I could come out and play. Maybe one of these days...

xxoo
Hi there!

Too much work and not enough fun... Yeah, I know the drill all too well. ;) Glad to see you're alive and tolerably well, though. I miss you too -- but you already know that, don't you?

One of these days...

Till then, be well, my dear!