• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Gov. Andrew Cuomo Admits Stockpile of Thousands of Unused Ventilators

excalibur

Mayor
Oh my! This is pathetic, Cuomo is a moron.

He's been out there bitching about not having enough ventilators and now he admits he has a stockpile.

By all means, draft him Democrats, draft him.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo acknowledged Friday the state did have a stockpile of unused ventilators, despite his complaints the federal government was not sending enough.

Cuomo responded to a comment from President Donald Trump on Twitter that there were thousands of ventilators in New York not being used.

“Yes, they’re in a stockpile because that’s where they are supposed to be, because we don’t need them yet,” Cuomo said. “We need them for the apex, the apex isn’t here, so we’re gathering them in a stockpile.”

Cuomo’s comments demonstrate there is not an immediate shortage in ventilators in the city, despite alarming reports.

“We don’t need them today, because we’re not at capacity today, that’s why they’re not deployed because they’re not needed,” Cuomo said.

...​

Dino

Russian Asset

He's been out there bitching about not having enough ventilators and now he admits he has a stockpile.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo acknowledged Friday the state did have a stockpile of unused ventilators, despite his complaints the federal government was not sending enough.

Cuomo responded to a comment from President Donald Trump on Twitter that there were thousands of ventilators in New York not being used.

“Yes, they’re in a stockpile because that’s where they are supposed to be, because we don’t need them yet,” Cuomo said. “We need them for the apex, the apex isn’t here, so we’re gathering them in a stockpile.”

Cuomo’s comments demonstrate there is not an immediate shortage in ventilators in the city, despite alarming reports.

“We don’t need them today, because we’re not at capacity today, that’s why they’re not deployed because they’re not needed,” Cuomo said.

What a buffoon. Democrats should shun him now for making them look like chimps while they blame Trump for everything and now he wins big points in this match-up.

Big mistake by Cuomo.

The man who would be king. The hero of the left.

I'll bet he has 500 rolls of toilet paper at Gracie mansion too.

Bugsy McGurk

President

In other words, the ventilators not in use yet are not deployed yet. Will there be a need to deploy them? Of course - the ones on hand and more. In Trumplandia, having them on hand for their imminent use is “stockpiling” them. Sane people just shake their heads.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
In other words, the ventilators not in use yet are not deployed yet. Will there be a need to deploy them? Of course - the ones on hand and more. In Trumplandia, having them on hand for their imminent use is “stockpiling” them. Sane people just shake their heads.
Then we have time to get them to him - what difference does it make if they are stockpiled in New York or at the Federal level? If and when he needs theym he will get his share and no more. In the meantime, we're building many many more - tens of thousands - and as they become available, he will get his share of them as well. Cuomo is a shameless hoarder - seeking to corner the market on available ventilators before any other hot spots (like New Orleans, for instance) start asking for some of the ones that are currently available, even though he has no immediate need for them. You certainly aren't fooling anyone here - everyone knows that if this was a republican governor you'd be excoriating him for doing precisely what Cuomo is doing. You are a hack and a propagandist and a, well, bore - 15 years of the same shameless hackery gets pretty old...

Bugsy McGurk

President
Then we have time to get them to him - what difference does it make if they are stockpiled in New York or at the Federal level? If and when he needs theym he will get his share and no more. In the meantime, we're building many many more - tens of thousands - and as they become available, he will get his share of them as well. Cuomo is a shameless hoarder - seeking to corner the market on available ventilators before any other hot spots (like New Orleans, for instance) start asking for some of the ones that are currently available, even though he has no immediate need for them. You certainly aren't fooling anyone here - everyone knows that if this was a republican governor you'd be excoriating him for doing precisely what Cuomo is doing. You are a hack and a propagandist and a, well, bore - 15 years of the same shameless hackery gets pretty old...
Check out a map of rate of infection in the USA. Pay particular attention to NY. After you finish studying the map, pretend you’re a president who cares about saving lives, and then tell me where the lion’s share of ventilators should be going at this time.

Good luck.

Raoul_Luke

Check out a map of rate of infection in the USA. Pay particular attention to NY. After you finish studying the map, pretend you’re a president who cares about saving lives, and then tell me where the lion’s share of ventilators should be going at this time.

Good luck.
Where did I say they shouldn't? I simply (correctly) stated that there was no hurry, since, as I pointed out several days ago and Cuomo was (finally) forced (by Trump) to admit - they DO NOT NEED THEM NOW!!!

Bugsy McGurk

President
Where did I say they shouldn't? I simply (correctly) stated that there was no hurry, since, as I pointed out several days ago and Cuomo was (finally) forced (by Trump) to admit - they DO NOT NEED THEM NOW!!!
No hurry? On what day will they be needed, failing which people will unnecessarily die?

Raoul_Luke

No hurry? On what day will they be needed, failing which people will unnecessarily die?
When they run out. Until then, a federal system that doesn't kowtow to New York needs to keep its options open. You don't make these kinds of life or death decisions in an absence of data - data that may show next week that other Americans will need some of the federal ventilators Cuomo is currently demanding Trump send to New York so that they can be put into storage. Trump has (wisely) rebuffed Cuomo's shameless effort to hoard ventilators in this NATIONAL emergency.

Raoul_Luke

P.S. Here’s a map to help you out...

View attachment 49867
So yes, New York is by far the epicenter, and even they have not as of yet run out of hospital beds or ventilators, which kind of blows a big hole in your narrative that this whole thing is out of control and people are dying because Trump hasn't asked "how high" when tin pot authoritarian Cuomo said "jump."

Bugsy McGurk

President
When they run out. Until then, a federal system that doesn't kowtow to New York needs to keep its options open. You don't make these kinds of life or death decisions in an absence of data - data that may show next week that other Americans will need some of the federal ventilators Cuomo is currently demanding Trump send to New York so that they can be put into storage. Trump has (wisely) rebuffed Cuomo's shameless effort to hoard ventilators in this NATIONAL emergency.
I see. Your idea of sound planning is to wait “until the day they run out” to seek to procure more.

Thankfully, the smart people advising Cuomo just shake their heads at such idiocy.

Raoul_Luke

I see. Your idea of sound planning is to wait “until the day they run out” to seek to procure more.

Thankfully, the smart people advising Cuomo just shake their heads at such idiocy.
Bullshit! They ARE seeking to "procure more." They're manufacturing more as we speak. And, until New York, you know, actually runs out, the Feds are correct to hang onto all of the ventilators since this situation is moving so quickly. Only a fool makes decisions that don't (yet) need to be made in such a situation. But you can use it in your efforts to support your employer (DNC) efforts to falsely portray Trump as completely hapless in this endeavor so, by all means, propagandize on...

Bugsy McGurk

President
Bullshit! They ARE seeking to "procure more." They're manufacturing more as we speak. And, until New York, you know, actually runs out, the Feds are correct to hang onto all of the ventilators since this situation is moving so quickly. Only a fool makes decisions that don't (yet) need to be made in such a situation. But you can use it in your efforts to support your employer (DNC) efforts to falsely portray Trump as completely hapless in this endeavor so, by all means, propagandize on...
First, you seem to believe Trump’s fairy tales about ramping up ventilator production to meet the obvious imminent need for tens of thousands of them. It’s remarkable that you still believe a word that pathological liar says.

Second, the issue above, from which you now seek to divert, is Cuomo’s efforts to secure more ventilators before “the day they run out,” which was your idiotic advice. Again, Cuomo is guided by his experts, who tell him many thousands more will be required to save lives, and very soon. They believe in preparing and planning, as opposed to waiting until “the day they run out.”

If Trump ramped up production two months ago instead of engaging in his “hoax”/“it will just go away” idiocy, the scarcity of required medical equipment wouldn’t even be an issue. But to this very day, he STILL blunders along, as you clap like a trained seal.

Raoul_Luke

First, you seem to believe Trump’s fairy tales about ramping up ventilator production to meet the obvious imminent need for tens of thousands of them. It’s remarkable that you still believe a word that pathological liar says.

Second, the issue above, from which you now seek to divert, is Cuomo’s efforts to secure more ventilators before “the day they run out,” which was your idiotic advice. Again, Cuomo is guided by his experts, who tell him many thousands more will be required to save lives, and very soon. They believe in preparing and planning, as opposed to waiting until “the day they run out.”

If Trump ramped up production two months ago instead of engaging in his “hoax”/“it will just go away” idiocy, the scarcity of required medical equipment wouldn’t even be an issue. But to this very day, he STILL blunders along, as you clap like a trained seal.
Why wasn't "saint" Andrew buying ventilators instead of wasting taxpayer money on a succession of failed "green" energy "investments" over the past several years? Why is it MY responsibility to buy ventilators for New York's use???

If Trump had started spending taxpayer money two months ago to build up the ventilator supply, you'd have been on here bitching about it being a waste of money and you know it.

And frankly, why wasn't Cuomo asking for them two months ago? Seriously, you are a propagandist and I love pointing that out...

Bugsy McGurk

President
Why wasn't "saint" Andrew buying ventilators instead of wasting taxpayer money on a succession of failed "green" energy "investments" over the past several years? Why is it MY responsibility to buy ventilators for New York's use???

If Trump had started spending taxpayer money two months ago to build up the ventilator supply, you'd have been on here bitching about it being a waste of money and you know it.

And frankly, why wasn't Cuomo asking for them two months ago? Seriously, you are a propagandist and I love pointing that out...
You refuse to acknowledge that this is a national crisis. You think you deal with it by bashing Cuomo. That said, Cuomo and other local officials have been begging Trump to do what needs to be done for weeks. Dealing with disasters has always been a role of the federal government since individual states just don’t have the ability to do it all themselves. To take an obvious example, only Trump can utilize the National Production Act to get required equipment made and allocated so states don’t have to bid against each other (and foreign nations) to procure the required equipment.

You just can’t rationally defend Trump’s two months of bumbling, which continues to this very day, by blaming others. You must face reality - your cult leader is horrifyingly unequipped for the critical task at hand.