• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Gov. Cuomo is a racist

Gov. Andrew Cuomo uses uncensored N-word during live interview: 'Pardon my language'

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo might want to avoid his little brother after using an uncensored version of the N-word during a live radio show on Tuesday.

CNN pundit Chris Cuomo, the younger brother of the Democratic governor, famously said being called “Fredo” is “like the N-word” for Italians during a viral outburst earlier this year. Fredo is a reference to Fredo Corleone, the weak and facile brother in the movie “The Godfather,” who was played by John Cazale.

The older Cuomo sibling called into WAMC radio to discuss a variety of topics, including a recent New York Times opinion piece headlined, “How Italians Became ‘White.” The governor used the uncensored version of the N-word when discussing the Times piece.

“They used an expression that Southern Italians were called, I believe they were saying Southern Italians, Sicilians – I’m half Sicilian – were called, quote-unquote and pardon my language, but I’m just quoting the Times: ‘n—r wops,'” Cuomo said without censoring the word.

“N-word wops, as a derogatory comment,” Cuomo continued, using the abbreviation for the second reference.

WAMC's Alan Chartock didn’t comment on Cuomo’s use of the word. In fairness to the governor, the Times did publish the uncensored word itself to describe racist terms used against Italian-Americans — but that didn’t stop critics from rushing to Twitter with thoughts.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo uses uncensored N-word during live interview: 'Pardon my language'

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo might want to avoid his little brother after using an uncensored version of the N-word during a live radio show on Tuesday.

CNN pundit Chris Cuomo, the younger brother of the Democratic governor, famously said being called “Fredo” is “like the N-word” for Italians during a viral outburst earlier this year. Fredo is a reference to Fredo Corleone, the weak and facile brother in the movie “The Godfather,” who was played by John Cazale.

The older Cuomo sibling called into WAMC radio to discuss a variety of topics, including a recent New York Times opinion piece headlined, “How Italians Became ‘White.” The governor used the uncensored version of the N-word when discussing the Times piece.

“They used an expression that Southern Italians were called, I believe they were saying Southern Italians, Sicilians – I’m half Sicilian – were called, quote-unquote and pardon my language, but I’m just quoting the Times: ‘n—r wops,'” Cuomo said without censoring the word.

“N-word wops, as a derogatory comment,” Cuomo continued, using the abbreviation for the second reference.

WAMC's Alan Chartock didn’t comment on Cuomo’s use of the word. In fairness to the governor, the Times did publish the uncensored word itself to describe racist terms used against Italian-Americans — but that didn’t stop critics from rushing to Twitter with thoughts.
Pretty much all the Democrats are racists.

llovejim

Current Champion

you need to google the word "dictionary," look up the word "racist," then try your best to understand being a racist does not mean quoting a NY Times opinion piece that used the word nigger. that is as stupid as saying anybody who quotes Richard Pryor jokes or quotes line out of the super funny movie Blazing Saddles, when that word was used but not in a racist manner but as obvious satire of stupid shit rednecks who do use the word with racist intent, is a racist.

are you trying to be stupid on purpose by claiming he is a racist for using the word nigger in that context? if not, i am genuinely embarrassed for you.

and almost all of your posts here show a definite bias, why do you cry crocodile tears now when you think you can use them to try to insult a democrat?

you need to google the word "dictionary," look up the word "racist," then try your best to understand being a racist does not mean quoting a NY Times opinion piece that used the word nigger. that is as stupid as saying anybody who quotes Richard Pryor jokes or quotes line out of the super funny movie Blazing Saddles, when that word was used but not in a racist manner but as obvious satire of stupid shit rednecks who do use the word with racist intent, is a racist.

are you trying to be stupid on purpose by claiming he is a racist for using the word nigger in that context? if not, i am genuinely embarrassed for you.

and almost all of your posts here show a definite bias, why do you cry crocodile tears now when you think you can use them to try to insult a democrat?
I figured you'd show up to defend this racist. Just like you defended Joe Biden's KKK membership.

EatTheRich

President
I think he should have thought about the racist impact it would have before he used that language. Maybe not as big a racist impact as the average conservative here casually makes every week with blithe unawareness of the consequences he/she will never have to deal with personally ... but maybe so. But he may have been reacting out of hurt at the racist slur that had been used against his Sicilian people as they were victims of genocidal attacks.

llovejim

Current Champion
I think he should have thought about the racist impact it would have before he used that language. Maybe not as big a racist impact as the average conservative here casually makes every week with blithe unawareness of the consequences he/she will never have to deal with personally ... but maybe so. But he may have been reacting out of hurt at the racist slur that had been used against his Sicilian people as they were victims of genocidal attacks.
only very stupid people believe words alone are even in the top 5 reasons to judge a racist. goddamn. are you really this shallow? just using the word nigger makes you racist, even if it is used to compare other racist insults and epithets? he did not call a black man a nigger, he said, quoting a legitimate source, that calling an Italian person Fredo was similar when all things are considered- as shown in the article referenced by the trump voter who started this silly ass thread-

As anyone with at least a grade school education knows Cuomo was not being racist in describing how the word nigger is an epithet that is incredibly insulting to all people but especially to black people when used as an insult. just as calling an Italian Fredo or wop is to many italians. not as awful, i bet even cuomo would say, but similar.

nothing at all racist in what he said.

EatTheRich

President
only very stupid people believe words alone are even in the top 5 reasons to judge a racist. goddamn. are you really this shallow? just using the word nigger makes you racist, even if it is used to compare other racist insults and epithets? he did not call a black man a nigger, he said, quoting a legitimate source, that calling an Italian person Fredo was similar when all things are considered- as shown in the article referenced by the trump voter who started this silly ass thread-

As anyone with at least a grade school education knows Cuomo was not being racist in describing how the word nigger is an epithet that is incredibly insulting to all people but especially to black people when used as an insult. just as calling an Italian Fredo or wop is to many italians. not as awful, i bet even cuomo would say, but similar.

I don’t know what it’s like to hear a word that maybe I heard for the first time as a young child by the older kids who terrified me as they chased me down the street throwing rocks, and maybe for the next time when I showed up to apply for a job and was rudely told not to bother, and maybe a third time when the police brutalized me and hauled me off to prison for having a gram of weed.

llovejim

Current Champion
I don’t know what it’s like to hear a word that maybe I heard for the first time as a young child by the older kids who terrified me as they chased me down the street throwing rocks, and maybe for the next time when I showed up to apply for a job and was rudely told not to bother, and maybe a third time when the police brutalized me and hauled me off to prison for having a gram of weed.
and i have seen latino kids beat up at our grade school in the 60's by thuggish punks who called them spics and beaners. and asian kids called chinks or slant eyes. what in the hell does that have to do with Cuomo using that word when quoting a published article trying to explain how the word nigger is so offensive in general that it was even applied to Italians when some bigot was trying to insult them- by calling them nigger wops?

do you not see it is how the word is used, by whom, towards whom, and under what context, before it can be said to be racist?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
and i have seen latino kids beat up at our grade school in the 60's by thuggish punks who called them spics and beaners. and asian kids called chinks or slant eyes. what in the hell does that have to do with Cuomo using that word when quoting a published article trying to explain how the word nigger is so offensive in general that it was even applied to Italians when some bigot was trying to insult them- by calling them nigger wops?

do you not see it is how the word is used, by whom, towards whom, and under what context, before it can be said to be racist?
Was the word "GAY"?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

You enjoy posting the word "nigger" as seen in your post...…………..cool

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

and you stood back and did nothing to stop it...………...why?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Do you say same of black rappers?

EatTheRich

President

Do you say same of black rappers?
The difference is that for a white person using that language under any circumstances, part of the context is that white person asserting that it is his/her prerogative to decide when doing so is or isn’t appropriate. Another part of the context is that (as we see on this thread) if it is a public figure, it means that people all over the country will be hearing the word from a lot more whites people for a while. Another part of the context is the general power imbalance between whites and Blacks in our country. Another is the PTSD that can be triggered by hearing garbage like that come out of politicians’ mouths.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The difference is that for a white person using that language under any circumstances, part of the context is that white person asserting that it is his/her prerogative to decide when doing so is or isn’t appropriate. Another part of the context is that (as we see on this thread) if it is a public figure, it means that people all over the country will be hearing the word from a lot more whites people for a while. Another part of the context is the general power imbalance between whites and Blacks in our country. Another is the PTSD that can be triggered by hearing garbage like that come out of politicians’ mouths.
PTSD for hearing the word "nigger"...……….my gawd almighty...……..while being blasted from their car radio from rappers :)

Last edited: