• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Gov DeWine called some Ohioans un-Christian

RickWA

Snagglesooth
If Charles Manson accepted Christianity, would we be out of bounds if we questioned his Christianity?

How about Adolf Hitler?

Jim Jones?
I don’t question other folks’ Christianity because I’m not supposed to. There’s no need to begin hypothetical citations of folks who demonstrated your value system throughout history. Now...if you wanted to discuss and critique how their theology reconciles to my understanding of the Bible...I’d be happy to comment. I just wouldn’t offer summary judgment of their “Christianity” or standing with God...because I can’t possibly know that. Right?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Nope. One call call out behavior without invoking BIBLICALLY-PROHIBITED terms.
...if one is decent and has any respect for the Word and the One from whom it comes. But when politics IS one’s religion, then we see what is practiced here.
So the right wingers here who accuse the Clinton's of murder are behaving in a Christian manner? How is that not bearing false witness?

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Gov DeWine (R-OH) is really hot under the collar over those pastors and flockies who continue to meet together and risk their own and other peoples' health.
He called them all un-Christian.

Is he God? Nope. He just observed the actions of others and saw supposed Christians not witnessing their faith. And he called it out. I loved it.

View attachment 50071
Gov DeWine and Dr Amy Acton
As a fake Christian, Julie, please tell us how you know those folks are supposed Christians.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Christians are Christian when they accept Christ as savior. Period. End of story.

Enjoy you heresy (and your hatred).
Not every Christian believes that. I really don't understand why you think you can force your beliefs on others. That's, dare I say, unchristian.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I don’t question other folks’ Christianity because I’m not supposed to. There’s no need to begin hypothetical citations of folks who demonstrated your value system throughout history. Now...if you wanted to discuss and critique how their theology reconciles to my understanding of the Bible...I’d be happy to comment. I just wouldn’t offer summary judgment of their “Christianity” or standing with God...because I can’t possibly know that. Right?
As always, your dodge is noted.

Quite telling. You don’t believe what you say.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Not every Christian believes that. I really don't understand why you think you can force your beliefs on others. That's, dare I say, unchristian.
Any Christian who reads the Bible and takes Christ at His word understands and agrees with what I wrote. It really isn't open to debate. There are more subtle matters of doctrine and theology on which Christians can disagree - but not the singular CENTRAL TENET OF CHRISTIANITY.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
More from Ohio.

Gov DeWine issued a cease and desist order to Hobby Lobby stores to close them down as they're not an essential business.

"Hobby Lobby calls itself a "biblically founded business" and is closed on Sundays. The company has also courted controversy in the past for, among other things, opposing Obama administration health-care rules requiring employers to provide contraceptive products and care to employees."
Satan always fools the ignorant, without jesus guidance the dollar must now say in satan we trust

Bugsy McGurk

President
No dodge. What you asked me to do is prohibited. I won't do it. Neither should you, no matter how great your bigotry toward my faith.
You’re prohibited from saying that Jim Jones’s mass murder was not consistent with Christianity? You can’t comment on that because Jim Jones held himself out as a Christian?

What’s your authority for that bizarre position?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
But of course, at your whim.
Indeed, I leverage my faculties, such as they are, as I choose. Freedom and discernment abound. Getting back to the subject I discussed, however, I never judge the sincerity of others' faith or their standing with the Lord. It's not my place, I couldn't possibly know it, and it is muy prohibido as set forth in the Bible. None of us should engage in such.