• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Gov DeWine called some Ohioans un-Christian

RickWA

Snagglesooth
You’re prohibited from saying that Jim Jones’s mass murder was not consistent with Christianity? You can’t comment on that because Jim Jones held himself out as a Christian?

What’s your authority for that bizarre position?
I can tell you it is wrong to murder, it is wrong to set oneself up as near-deity. I can't say whether a person is "true Christian" or whether he is in a good place with God. For all I know, that person could conceivably have been a believer who was profoundly mentally ill. Do his deranged, bad acts cancel his station with God? That's the Lord's judgment to make.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I can tell you it is wrong to murder, it is wrong to set oneself up as near-deity. I can't say whether a person is "true Christian" or whether he is in a good place with God. For all I know, that person could conceivably have been a believer who was profoundly mentally ill. Do his deranged, bad acts cancel his station with God? That's the Lord's judgment to make.
Ah, the insanity defense.

One can kill 900 people and be a “true Christian” if one can claim mental illness. You define away what it means to be a true Christian.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Gov DeWine (R-OH) is really hot under the collar over those pastors and flockies who continue to meet together and risk their own and other peoples' health.
He called them all un-Christian.

Is he God? Nope. He just observed the actions of others and saw supposed Christians not witnessing their faith. And he called it out. I loved it.

View attachment 50071
Gov DeWine and Dr Amy Acton
Of course you did.

Drumcollie

Religious services can easily be conducted over the internet.

The catch? People don’t come to the church to stuff these pastors’ coffers. So they want people to risk their lives.

That’s not exactly the Christian thing to do.
Obviously you don't know about tithes and offerings.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Ah, the insanity defense.

One can kill 900 people and be a “true Christian” if one can claim mental illness. You define away what it means to be a true Christian.
There was NO "defense" - insanity or otherwise. You cannot goad me into doing what is specifically and very clearly one of THE most strongly prohibited actions in the Bible. I cannot know whether any given person is saved, irrespective of that person's actions.

Indeed, I leverage my faculties, such as they are, as I choose. Freedom and discernment abound. Getting back to the subject I discussed, however, I never judge the sincerity of others' faith or their standing with the Lord. It's not my place, I couldn't possibly know it, and it is muy prohibido as set forth in the Bible. None of us should engage in such.

Fvck the bible and a male dominator god perceptual reality.

Drumcollie

If Charles Manson accepted Christianity, would we be out of bounds if we questioned his Christianity?

How about Adolf Hitler?

Jim Jones?
Yes...Just like when your guy Dylan Roof shot up that church in S. Carolina. The Church members prayed with Dylan and one member said "You don't have to do this."

Jesus command was:

Little children, I am with you only a little while longer. You will look for Me, and as I said to the Jews, so now I say to you: ‘Where I am going, you cannot come.’ 34A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so also you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another.”…

You and Julie are not disciples.

Yes...Just like when your guy Dylan Roof shot up that church in S. Carolina. The Church members prayed with Dylan and one member said "You don't have to do this."

Jesus command was:

Little children, I am with you only a little while longer. You will look for Me, and as I said to the Jews, so now I say to you: ‘Where I am going, you cannot come.’ 34A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so also you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another.”…

You and Julie are not disciples.

No american really is.