• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Grail-A reaches lunar orbit

Days

Commentator
Moon countdown: NASA probe enters lunar orbit

Okay, remember this guy? Equipment on board is so sensitive, it can measure and detect conditions as thin as 1/5th the width of a human hair. Now, remember the lunar orbiter in 2009? It mapped the lunar surface from 150 miles up. Okay, that is roughly the same orbit... so it should have had no problem showing detail on the dust particles from that height. And yet, with a stated mission of relaying pictures of Apollo equipment, NASA had the chutzpah to send us honest pics of the Apollo sites (absolutely nothing there) and then tell us that the equipment was there, they just could not get zoom in close enough? And you believed that? Remember, they said they were taking pictures of apollo equipment before they launched the probe... so it was part of the mission; and it was the only part of the mission that carried public interest. No one said anything about not being able to bring the necessary equipment to do so; and the technology to accomplish the mission is at least 20 years old... guess what? those pics of moon dust were just that... moon dust. Who ya going to believe? NASA or your lying eyes.

NASA tells lies like this. Outright, ridiculous boners. Lots of 'em.

Van Allen did not discover the radiation belts, he was just first to measure them... that's right, measure them. After he measured them he wrote an article in a scientific journal, and gave his measurements. The Russians also measured them. Conclusion? Traveling through the heart of both radiation fields would produce 70-100 REM/hour.... and it takes over an hour to pass through them both. Okay, then you are outside the belts in the solar wind... figure roughly 4 REM/day. Did you know that the moon is radioactive? Since you get both the solar wind and the moon's radiation together, figure roughly 8-10 REM/day for time spent on the moon.

Apollo mission had no radiation shielding... none, zip, nothing. Not only so, they carried their drinking water in metal containers; which would have produced a double dose of radiation in the water when passing through the Van Allen belts. NASA claims to have traveled right through the heart of the radiation belts (at our equator) on all their missions. On top of all that, the later missions were flown at solar maximum with some really big solar flares (those events can add 7-9 REM). So, guess what? Apollo missions all carried dosimeters to measure radiation absorbed during their trip; both on the crafts and on the men's suits. And yet, somehow, those missions went to the moon and back and recorded less than 1/2 REM for the entire mission... every last apollo mission pulled that off. The dosimeters worked. It's just that, if all you've done is take a cargo jet up to 40,000 feet and dump the capsule, that's all you get for radiation.

the joke list is long. four legged landings on an uneven surface. No stirring of moon dust from rocket engines. rocket engines with no variable thrust for landing on 1/6th gravity. sitting right on top of 140 decibles and can't even hear those rockets. not enough thrusters in the LEMs to navigate in three dimensions, they would have been stuck in a plane. oh and big huge sheets of aluminum foil attached by their edges for walls of the LEMs. Remember, those guys could take off their suits in those LEMs (no space locks either) ... hence they were fully pressurized. 32 pounds per square inch... pushing on a 7 foot by 7 foot square sheet of Aluminum foil attached only at the edges. That's 12 tons of pressure pushing out and nothing but a pure vacuum on the outside to stop it. The aluminum foil didn't even bulge. the rovers kicked up dust the same as on earth, meaning there was an atmosphere stopping it from making perfect high arcs like it would have on the moon. Not one picture of the real sun in any of the Apollo missions; they were all false lighting. Not one picture of a star. And they brought back studio quality pictures taken on light sensitive kodak film that is marred by 5 REM and totally obliterated by 25 REM of radiation. The television signal was ten times out of range of the dishes receiving the signal. And my favorite, the moon suits were made by the Playtex bra company out of the same material... remember the moon is full of obsidian; a rock that is sharp as broken glass edges, and one tiny slice in the body bra and the vacuum instantly kills the men. (one of the astronauts gets bored and starts kicking a boulder around; talk about a death wish) Don't forget those micrometeorites; guess where all that moon dust comes from? It can be as small as the gravel in your fish aquarium and just one is all it takes to kill a man in a body bra on the moon... or destroy the LEM. They say that it almost rains moon dust at times on the moon, because of our proximity to the asteroid belt (they burn up in our atmosphere).

25 years from now, no one with a brain is going to believe the Apollo hoax. The kids growing up now all see through it. Only those of us who were alive and suffered the brain washing and drank the kool-aid still believe. No wonder they think we are idiots.

gabriel

Governor
The Apollo astronauts traveled through the Van Allen radiation belts on the way to the Moon; however, exposure was minimized by following a trajectory along the edge of the belts that avoided the strongest areas of radiation.[18] The total radiation exposure to astronauts was estimated to be much less than the five (5) rem set by the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission for people who work with radioactivity.[19]
[edit]Causes

fairsheet

Senator
The Apollo astronauts traveled through the Van Allen radiation belts on the way to the Moon; however, exposure was minimized by following a trajectory along the edge of the belts that avoided the strongest areas of radiation.[18] The total radiation exposure to astronauts was estimated to be much less than the five (5) rem set by the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission for people who work with radioactivity.[19]
[edit]Causes
I trust Jamie and Adam. They tested out the most common moon-landing hoax angles and found them all to be bullshit. "Mythbusters" wouldn't lie!

Days

Commentator
Gabe, the radiation belts are magnetic fields produced by a spinning earth. It is also referred to as the magnetosphere of the earth. There is no way to penetrate them along their "edge"... and besides, Apollo flights went straight through the thick bands at the tropics. You pick one item, ignore all the rest, and prove yourself a totally ignorant fool on that item.

Okay, I will explain how radiation in the Van Allen belts work. The solar wind produces highly charged energetic particles... 50 mev (million electron volts) protons and 1 mev electrons. (a tv screen gets sprayed with 30,000 electron volts particles, a chest x-ray sprays you with 100,000 electron volt particles) These particles get caught in the magnetosphere of the earth, like flies caught in a spider web. The particles live a life of roughly 5-7 years. The magnetic fields lie in two belts, the outer belt which is much larger and takes an hour to fly through at 25,000 mph, and the inner belt, which only takes 15-20 minutes to fly through at 25,000 mph. The inner belt consists mostly of charged protons and they are stationary. The outer belt consists mostly of electron particles, which move along the field toward the poles and produce the northern and southern lights. So, the outer belt is variable, that's why I mentioned that the later Apollo missions flew at solar maximum; Apollo 17 flew into a veritable solar nightmare; 3 months after solar maximum, so the belts were buzzing with charged particles.

Now, the particles are rather innocuous. If you measured them by sitting still in the field for an hour, you could get a reading of 3.5 - 5 REM. However, if you took a metallic rocket and flew it through the field at 25,000 mph, you get a relatively slow collision with the particles, which turns them into radiation... radiation is a wave of charged particles. still with me? That's why I said you would get a double dose of radiation with the metallic water containers; the aluminum skin of the ship is making contact with some of those particles (some of them are passing right through the skin untouched) and then the metalic water containers are making contact with more of them, which meant the water was getting dumped with 140 REM of high energy radiation each passing. So the men first got hit with 70 REM going through the field, then they drank the water, then they absorbed roughly another 50 REM from the solar wind, flares, and the radioactive moon. Then they returned through the radiation belts... and remember, the cameras are metallic too, so they too fetched over 300 REM in the journey... have you ever seen the rolls of Apollo film? Studio perfection. Except it only takes 5 REM to mar the light sensitive Kodak film they employed, and 25 REM to destroy it.

Okay, tell me again about those mysterious edges in the magnetosphere of the earth?

Days

Commentator
pleeeease, fairsheet, a debunking site, really? If you let others do your thinking for you, who's to say you ever lived?

The Van Allen belts are not a conspiracy theory, they are the magnetosphere of the earth.

gabriel

Governor
i'm gonna warn you once pal. calling someone a totally ignorant fool on this site is gonna lead to some unwanted consequences. now as to how the belt works, i believe their opinions more than yours. and i have seen nothing in your CV that would persuade me you have more qualification than them or me for that matter.

Days

Commentator
What I am saying is that by swallowing their Lies whole like that, you prove yourself a totally ignorant fool on that item. It isn't a personal attack it is an assessment of action. It's like saying, if you step into a bucket of black paint you will retrieve a totally black foot.

Let's look at a more neutral website, okay? Now, remember; a milliSievert is one tenth of a REM; so 12 mSv = 1.2 REM ... now try to wrap your brain around what is being said here:

What radiation doses would astronauts of an Apollo mission receive during solar flares?
During the past 30 years, several committees of the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements have evaluated the potential health-related effects which would be caused if a significant solar particle "storm" should occur during various activities performed by astronauts, including lunar or Mars missions. In a report issued in 1989, the NCRP estimated that if a major solar particle event occurred during a visit to the moon, it could give the astronauts doses to their skin of 6 sieverts (600 rem; both sievert and rem are units of radiation dose and sievert is commonly abbreviated Sv) with bone marrow doses of close to 0.9 Sv (90 rem). This amount of radiation exposure would not be life threatening. Actual radiation dose measurements of Apollo crews measured by onboard dosimetry were, on average, 12 mSv.

okay, obviously 5 REM is a bogus number for crossing the Van Allen belts, but look at the Apollo dosimeters... they averaged 1.2 REM??? How far would that get you? Notice how careful the answer is constructed; 90 REM is not life threatening... (HOWEVER, 600 REM is!) The answer tells you plainly that Apollo missions were a total hoax, assuming you know how to convert milliSeiverts.

gabriel

Governor
as i said, i warned you ONCE. you want to belabour the point be my guest but if you do, i'll react.

Days

Commentator
I've already been to that website and a dozen others like it... make that 2 dozen. And I read through the sites, that's how I know what is there. They do not set out to tell you facts, they set out to twist the facts and outright lie when necessary. They have one mission: debunk.

As for the radiation belts, there are a ton of science websites that will teach you what is up there... that's where my explanation came from.

Days

Commentator
you seem to want to focus on your objection and totally ignore the content of the post. What about the dosimeters?

gabriel

Governor
like i said, i see nothing in your resume that puts you on a different plane than myself. i'm well aware what is up there. and you are trying to debunk as well. just not very successfully as far as i can see.

Days

Commentator
I learned enough in high school physics to understand the magnetosphere of the earth. What you are doing here is taking a poke at me, laughing at me, and then running away from backing it up. I both understand the subject and explained it accurately. Let the posts read for themselves.

fairsheet

Senator
pleeeease, fairsheet, a debunking site, really? If you let others do your thinking for you, who's to say you ever lived?

The Van Allen belts are not a conspiracy theory, they are the magnetosphere of the earth.
I'm of the opinion that the more clever folks have no trouble letting others do at least some of their thinking for them. The "problem" comes, when we let someone or something else do ALL our thinking for us.

Days

Commentator
amen to that. I appreciate the replies, but I was hoping for more original debate.