• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Grail-A reaches lunar orbit

fairsheet

Senator
amen to that. I appreciate the replies, but I was hoping for more original debate.
Your suggestion that "The Van Allen Belt Conspiracy" isn't a conspiracy, because the Van Allen Belt exists, doesn't make a for a useful debate since no one denies that the Van Allen Belt exists. When folks divert to a non-argument as the basis of their argument, it tends to send "orginal debaters" in search of genuine "orginal debates".

Days

Commentator
You need to get out more. The radiation belts are what they are; pointing out that Apollo missions incurred an average of 1 REM is a cold fact; that's what NASA said they incurred; trying to somehow turn hard cold facts into a conspiracy theory and thereby deny they exist is just another form of lying. There's no conspiracy theory that the Van Allen belts are full of radiation poisoning; it's a hard cold fact that the Van Allen belts are full of radiation poisoning... denying those hard cold facts is not debunking... it is lying.

fairsheet

Senator
You need to get out more. The radiation belts are what they are; pointing out that Apollo missions incurred an average of 1 REM is a cold fact; that's what NASA said they incurred; trying to somehow turn hard cold facts into a conspiracy theory and thereby deny they exist is just another form of lying. There's no conspiracy theory that the Van Allen belts are full of radiation poisoning; it's a hard cold fact that the Van Allen belts are full of radiation poisoning... denying those hard cold facts is not debunking... it is lying.
Again....no one has denied the existence of the Van Allen Belts, nor that they're radioactive.

Days

Commentator
yes they have, read what they are saying; radiation belts that would have delivered 70-100 REM to Apollo flights are getting downplayed to around 5 REM... why are they doing that? They are so intent on debunking that they resort to out and out lies. Or they repeat NASA's lies, which at least NASA has some skin in the game.

It isn't a conspiracv theory that Apollo flights were faked. It is a hard cold fact. The dosimeters onboard those flights all read one REM... that's it, those flights never left low earth orbit, there is no debate.

fairsheet

Senator
yes they have, read what they are saying; radiation belts that would have delivered 70-100 REM to Apollo flights are getting downplayed to around 5 REM... why are they doing that? They are so intent on debunking that they resort to out and out lies. Or they repeat NASA's lies, which at least NASA has some skin in the game.

It isn't a conspiracv theory that Apollo flights were faked. It is a hard cold fact. The dosimeters onboard those flights all read one REM... that's it, those flights never left low earth orbit, there is no debate.
Days, the "debunkers" described how they were routed so as to minimize their exposure to the Van Allen Belts. You've not told us why you feel it would've been impossible for them to do so. Would you please have a go at that one?

Days

Commentator
Have you ever seen a cut away diagram of the earth's magnetic fields? Surely you've seen the iron filings depicting the magnetic field of a bar magnet? It is a magnetic field; it is thick, it doesn't have holes. I'm not sure we can't shoot a hole in it, these days, using that big ELF wave gun up in Gakena, Alaska... but that was built in 1992. What they are saying is pure nonsense, there is no way to skirt the edge of the field, unless you release from earth orbit at the poles - but Apollo flight paths were inside the tropics, so if you want to go to the moon, you have to traverse the earth's magnetic field, it is that simple.

They downplayed all the radiation for the entire trip. But let's use their numbers; okay? 5 REM for crossing the Van Allen belts as if they hardly existed.... one REM for 24 hours of spaceflight in the solar wind as if it was barely there... 3 REM for solar flare events as if they were practically innocuous... 2 REM for 24 hours on the moon as if it was barely a concern... add up the numbers for Apollo 17 and you still hit 50 REM. One REM doesn't even get you through their numbers... it doesn't even get you out of low earth orbit by their numbers. Their whole argument is subterfuge; they recognize that the dosimeters clearly prove the missions never left low earth orbit but they go on to argue down the numbers as if they were thereby proving it was possible... the idea being, to get you lost in their argument so that you never stop to realize that it is just a bunch of lying to cover up the facts.

Days

Commentator
I have never been part of a conspiracy... conspiracies are unlawful. I think you meant to imply that I jump for every conspiracy theory that comes down the pike... After all, I write over and over about the same two, so that goes to reason, eh?

BTW, the moon hoax is just that... a hoax. Not a conspiracy theory.