• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Great Minds

Zam-Zam

Senator
Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. I am not unmindful of the fact that violence often brings about momentary results. Nations have frequently won their independence in battle. But in spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace.

Martin Luther King Jr.

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

Mahatma Gandhi

Violence, even well intentioned, always rebounds upon oneself.

Lao Tzu

Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another, but let him work diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built.

Abraham Lincoln

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Isaac Asimov

Pax Vobiscum

Zam-Zam

Senator
Gandhi freed an entire country from British rule with peaceful, non-violent, non-cooperation.

Yes. He was a brilliant man who was able to accomplish much.

The breaking of windows, however, is the product of lesser minds:

Kristallnacht

Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. I am not unmindful of the fact that violence often brings about momentary results. Nations have frequently won their independence in battle. But in spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace.

Martin Luther King Jr.

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

Mahatma Gandhi

Violence, even well intentioned, always rebounds upon oneself.

Lao Tzu

Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another, but let him work diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built.

Abraham Lincoln

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Isaac Asimov

Pax Vobiscum
Yep, Colin Kapernick did exactly what Gandhi and MLK did, and he was roundly dismissed. Y'all probably should have listened to him in 2017.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Here's the bottom line of the Violence vs non-violence argument for those who are keeping score:

Non-Violence proponent - Martin Luther King Jr. - final result - ASSASSINATED

Non-Violence proponent - Mahatma Gandhi - final result - ASSASSINATED

Non-Violence proponent - Abraham Lincoln - final result - ASSASSINATED

Rhetorical question... How's that non-violence stuff working out for you boys?

Zam-Zam

Senator
Here's the bottom line of the Violence vs non-violence argument for those who are keeping score:

Non-Violence proponent - Martin Luther King Jr. - final result - ASSASSINATED

Non-Violence proponent - Mahatma Gandhi - final result - ASSASSINATED

Non-Violence proponent - Abraham Lincoln - final result - ASSASSINATED

Rhetorical question... How's that non-violence stuff working out for you boys?

Yes, some brilliant people have been assassinated - by violent people with obviously smaller minds.

Do we abandon the thoughts of the brilliant and surrender to the foolish?

Perhaps you think we should. I disagree. It sounds a lot like the coward's way out.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Yes, some brilliant people have been assassinated - by violent people with obviously smaller minds.

Perhaps you think we should. I disagree. It sounds a lot like the coward's way out.
And many other brilliant minds have thought that non-violence rarely achieves it's goals. It is false to imply that the brialliant always support non-violence. Ask native Americans how well non-violence served them. It's pretty easy to find them because the violent folks took away 99% of their land and forced them to live on whatever land they had no use for.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

High educations and small minds:

All great Minds aren't the same

Zam-Zam

Senator
Some people get it:

The head of the Greater Harrisburg chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People on Saturday blasted what he said was an outside element that infiltrated what began as a peaceful protest on Saturday, turning it into a violent clash with police.

Rev. Frank E. Hairston-Allen said he took an early exit from the protest after he witnessed a woman lead people past the first police barricade at the Capitol steps. He said the woman threw the first barrier on the ground before proceeding to the second level steps.

“I knew that was illegal,” Allen said. “That was the beginning of failure.”

Complete text:

Failure is exactly the correct term....The peaceful protesters, the ones that actually care about what happened to George Floyd, have been undermined by by scoundrels.

And no lasting good will come from it, precisely as Dr. King warned us.