• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

"Gun Control" is really...

freyasman

Senator
It seems to me after speaking to several people over the last few weeks, that a great many people who weigh in on "gun control", actually have no clue what they're are talking about. They are unfamiliar with firearms, they do not know what the current laws are, they do not understand how these laws are enforced, (or not enforced), they are completely clueless as to the dynamics of violent crime, and I'm pretty sure some of them don't know which end the bullet comes out. This does not stop them from loudly proclaiming that I should not own my own property, or that I should be forced to get some agencies permission before I acquire anymore property, or that I should turn in my property to some agency, because I certainly don't NEED a firearm like that!!! Some of the posters on here have made thoughtful, reasoned suggestions, and have taken the time to learn something about the subject, and even if I don't agree, at least we can have an adult conversation. But for the most part, people are using the excuse of "gun control" to practice nosiness and bad boundaries....

OldGaffer

Governor
People are tired of massacres. pretty damn simple. It does not take a rocket scientist to think something is wrong when time after time mass killing sprees are perpetrated with massive use of firepower. Are we supposed to just say," oh, well, that's the price we have to pay for our ability to resist a fascist dictatorship taking over our government in some science fiction future". You need to come up with a better solution than "nothing".

freyasman

Senator
People are tired of massacres. pretty damn simple. It does not take a rocket scientist to think something is wrong when time after time mass killing sprees are perpetrated with massive use of firepower. Are we supposed to just say," oh, well, that's the price we have to pay for our ability to resist a fascist dictatorship taking over our government in some science fiction future". You need to come up with a better solution than "nothing".
My solution is to stop the shooters; not waste a bunch of time screwing with people who have not, do not, and will not commit any mass shootings. Again, with the bad boundaries...

P

PACE

it means, that 6 million people in this country are petitioning Washington thru various organizations to do something about this, from red, blue, purple and clear states.

It means that 62% of the NRA members want background checks

it means that those in Washington who ignore this will lose their positions of power

It means that those who persist in taking up violent action to defray the coming change to gun laws will find themselves on the outer rim

it means that those who believe that one organization, holds sway over an entire nation are sadly mistaken.

It means "WE" have had enough.

Regards
Pace

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Well, it certainly has worked in Chicago. They have the toughest gun control laws in the country and there have been no murders there in at least 24 hours.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
And how is this story in ANY way relevant? Its already illegal to shoot people, so what are you going to do; "WE will"? what does that mean?
It means she doesn't have a [Unwelcome language removed] clue about what to do; but just wants to spew the Regime bullshit about "protecting the cheeeeldriiiin".

freyasman

Senator
it means, that 6 million people in this country are petitioning Washington thru various organizations to do something about this, from red, blue, purple and clear states.

It means that 62% of the NRA members want background checks

it means that those in Washington who ignore this will lose their positions of power

It means that those who persist in taking up violent action to defray the coming change to gun laws will find themselves on the outer rim

it means that those who believe that one organization, holds sway over an entire nation are sadly mistaken.

It means "WE" have had enough.

Regards
Pace
What "violent action" are you talking about? As far as the "background checks" go, if you could find a way of doing so without it turning into a registry, we might have something to talk about. And if ya'll have "HAD ENOUGH", then why are you jerking off with this nonsense which does nothing? You want me and the other 100 million or so gun owners to take you seriously, then stop being a bunch of strident little children, demanding "your way"...

freyasman

Senator
I believe most of you just get off on telling other people what we should or shouldn't do; this is what I mean by "bad boundaries". It is intrusive, divisive, and in my opinion, gutless... it is much safer to bait, and verbally berate the well-behaved, civil, and law-abiding, than it is to actually confront a violent predator. You make every effort to force your wishes on me and people like me, and are absolutely INFURIATED when we dismiss your nonsense, as nonsense. So you petition lawmakers to criminalize perfectly legitimate activities in an effort to make us into second class citizens, who you can then look down upon. I find most of the loudest of you, to be ignorant, rude, and cowardly.

jammer

Mayor
So what have you got against registering guns at time of purchase, no matter whether from a FFL, a gun show or an individual? You have to register your car whether you bought from a dealer or from an individual. Registering them doesn't restrict your ownership, doesn't even stop you from having multiple guns. I find you to be ignorant, full of yourself, and lacking in any social graces, so what?

MaryAnne

Governor
It seems to me after speaking to several people over the last few weeks, that a great many people who weigh in on "gun control", actually have no clue what they're are talking about. They are unfamiliar with firearms, they do not know what the current laws are, they do not understand how these laws are enforced, (or not enforced), they are completely clueless as to the dynamics of violent crime, and I'm pretty sure some of them don't know which end the bullet comes out. This does not stop them from loudly proclaiming that I should not own my own property, or that I should be forced to get some agencies permission before I acquire anymore property, or that I should turn in my property to some agency, because I certainly don't NEED a firearm like that!!! Some of the posters on here have made thoughtful, reasoned suggestions, and have taken the time to learn something about the subject, and even if I don't agree, at least we can have an adult conversation. But for the most part, people are using the excuse of "gun control" to practice nosiness and bad boundaries....
You are the one who is ignorant about guns! In one post you actually said,basically,"there are no gun accidents." That has to be one of the dumbest statements I have ever seen! All it takes is one tiny mistake to cause an accident. Many have to live with the results all their lives!

To pretend like you know it all,while millions do not agree with you.has to be the height of either ignorance or narcissism. Take your choice!

BTW, I include Jack in this. keep

Keep in mind,we used to be friends until he went over to the dark side.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
It means she doesn't have a [Unwelcome language removed] clue about what to do; but just wants to spew the Regime bullshit about "protecting the cheeeeldriiiin".
"cheeeldriiin?" Why do you mock children and then have an avatar of you holding your grandson? He's a child as well and how would you feel if he were one of the kids shot in cold blood like those in CT? They matter just as much as he does, you self=centered thoughtless old fool.

freyasman

Senator
So what have you got against registering guns at time of purchase, no matter whether from a FFL, a gun show or an individual? You have to register your car whether you bought from a dealer or from an individual. Registering them doesn't restrict your ownership, doesn't even stop you from having multiple guns. I find you to be ignorant, full of yourself, and lacking in any social graces, so what?
What purpose does registration serve?
And as to my lack of "social graces", I have been a great deal more patient and polite, than many other posters on this board have been to me, and now I'm just calling a spade a spade...

freyasman

Senator
You are the one who is ignorant about guns! In one post you actually said,basically,"there are no gun accidents." That has to be one of the dumbest statements I have ever seen! All it takes is one tiny mistake to cause an accident. Many have to live with the results all their lives!

To pretend like you know it all,while millions do not agree with you.has to be the height of either ignorance or narcissism. Take your choice!

BTW, I include Jack in this. keep

Keep in mind,we used to be friends until he went over to the dark side.
Well, did I "basically" say it or did I "actually" say it? Most "accidents" are the result of negligence and are preventable; you don't get to punish me for others stupidity, and your insistence upon trying is WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

freyasman

Senator
Heres a suggestion, contact the parole board in your area and have them put you in touch with some people who have a history of violent felonies. Then you can go and share your passionate disapproval of their actions with them;( I suggest you do this face to face, I want you to get the full experience). Or is this course of action a little more hazardous, than, say... insulting people on the 'net, and being a general all-around busy-body?

Spamature

President
Just about every thing you use or own went through some agencies approval process before you could acquire it. Building and land, food and clothing, automobiles, medicine and yes even firearms all have their ownership encumbered by govt regulations. Why is it that you think you should be able to ignore processes set in place or limit them to your satisfaction simply because of your fondness for a particular item or your desire to possess it ?