• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

gun movement nullifies everyone elses freedoms

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Gun proliferation…… is allegedly being done to protect our freedoms. But it’s only the “freedom” of the person wearing a firearm that matters.

Those parents who want their kids to feel safe in a public park aren’t free to tell a man waving a gun around to leave them alone, are they? Patrons and employees of Starbucks aren’t free to express their opinion of open carry laws when one of these demonstrations are taking place in the store. Those Jack in the Box employees aren’t free to refuse service to armed customers. Sure, they are all theoretically free to do those things. It’s their constitutional right just like it’s the constitutional right of these people to carry a gun. But in the real world, sane people do not confront armed men and women. They don’t argue with them over politics. They certainly do not put their kids in harm’s way in order to make a point. So when it comes right down to it, when you are in the presence of one of these armed citizens, you don’t really have any rights at all.

You can see why they think that’s freedom. It is. For them. The rest of us just have to be very polite, keep our voices down and back away very slowly, saying, “Yes sir, whatever you say, sir,” and let them have their way.

http://www.salon.com/2014/05/07/look_at_my_gun_why_nras_scary_open_carry_craze_is_not_about_freedom/

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Gun proliferation…… is allegedly being done to protect our freedoms. But it’s only the “freedom” of the person wearing a firearm that matters.

Those parents who want their kids to feel safe in a public park aren’t free to tell a man waving a gun around to leave them alone, are they? Patrons and employees of Starbucks aren’t free to express their opinion of open carry laws when one of these demonstrations are taking place in the store. Those Jack in the Box employees aren’t free to refuse service to armed customers. Sure, they are all theoretically free to do those things. It’s their constitutional right just like it’s the constitutional right of these people to carry a gun. But in the real world, sane people do not confront armed men and women. They don’t argue with them over politics. They certainly do not put their kids in harm’s way in order to make a point. So when it comes right down to it, when you are in the presence of one of these armed citizens, you don’t really have any rights at all.

You can see why they think that’s freedom. It is. For them. The rest of us just have to be very polite, keep our voices down and back away very slowly, saying, “Yes sir, whatever you say, sir,” and let them have their way.

http://www.salon.com/2014/05/07/look_at_my_gun_why_nras_scary_open_carry_craze_is_not_about_freedom/
Grown men and women going into a public place brandishing their gun are today's bullies. They don't care if a child or anyone else feels intimidated when they see the weapon and have no idea whether this person plans to use it on them or not. Intimidation is their thing. No doubt, like Mitt Romey, they were also bullies in school. They are so scared of their shadow that they have to feel protected by an object that rightfully scares the hell out of anyone with any sense, considering the deaths from mass murderers. They need to grow some and stop using a gun to intimidate others and we'd all be better off.

I'd think the parents of the students in Seattle who were there when their classmate shot 4 others and then himself are thankful that he wasn't using a gun like Adam Lanza used. From what I've read he had to stop to re-load and that's when someone stopped him.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Grown men and women going into a public place brandishing their gun are today's bullies. They don't care if a child or anyone else feels intimidated when they see the weapon and have no idea whether this person plans to use it on them or not. Intimidation is their thing. No doubt, like Mitt Romey, they were also bullies in school. They are so scared of their shadow that they have to feel protected by an object that rightfully scares the hell out of anyone with any sense, considering the deaths from mass murderers. They need to grow some and stop using a gun to intimidate others and we'd all be better off.

I'd think the parents of the students in Seattle who were there when their classmate shot 4 others and then himself are thankful that he wasn't using a gun like Adam Lanza used. From what I've read he had to stop to re-load and that's when someone stopped him.
intimidation is the operative word.....and the rest of us lose our freedom to be gun free in our public space. however far a stray bullet can travel is the amount of space I want around me to be gun free. it's time to get that legislated.

afella

Mayor

Surrender any right to our government, not our citizens, and you lose all rights after that.

write on

Senator

intimidation is the operative word.....and the rest of us lose our freedom to be gun free in our public space. however far a stray bullet can travel is the amount of space I want around me to be gun free. it's time to get that legislated.
Do we need anymore proof than the latest right wing use of 'intimidation'?

"PoliticusUSA’s Justin Baragona was on the scene Saturday afternoon when a smaller than expected group of open carry enthusiasts descended on downtown St. Louis for a march. Per the group’s leader. Jeffry Smith, the march was supposed to be to raise awareness about Missouri Amendment 5. The law is supposed to strengthen the state’s gun laws. Per Smith’s view, he feels that Missouri’s law can be interpreted in that anyone is allowed to openly carry firearms anywhere in the state, whether or not they have a conceal carry permit. Smith and others that showed up Saturday afternoon wanted to engage people in conversation over Missouri’s law and the 2nd Amendment." (the Politicus site will be used by the right wing here on PJ as an excuse to defend the indefensible) "

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/10/25/small-group-open-carry-fanatics-march-st-louis-guns-display.html

Remember those here on PJ that stupported that bitch who's only intent was to cause unrest in Ferguson as to prove "blacks behaving badly"?

I saw a video of a white woman walking through the crowd instigating the protesters and was going to include it here. But, it's gone.

Right wing media prevails. They now control Google.

Last edited:

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Surrender any right to our government, not our citizens, and you lose all rights after that.
Do you sleep with your gun under your pillow? Who the HELL is trying to take away your manhood...or guns or whatever you want to call it?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Yes, and intimidation is a form of BULLYING.
Bullying - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying
It typically involves subtle methods of coercion such as intimidation

When they show up at restaurants or anywhere with their damn guns strapped to their waist or over their shoulders, they feel manly because others are intimidated. It's all they have. It's disgusting and if you caught one of them alone without their weapon of choice, they'd be screaming like a little girl.

Bugsy McGurk

President

Even more fundamental, what of the right of people to not get shot in the head by some moron with a gun?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
I know one thing, if I were eating at a restaurant and a bunch of redneck
a-holes came in with their AK-whatever strapped over their shoulder, I'd not hesitate one second to leave the premises WITHOUT PAYING MY BILL. And I'd hope others would do the same thing. Enough of that crap and maybe...just maybe they'd ban guns from public places where people want to eat without feeling intimidated by some coward with a yellow streak up his back and a gun attached to his person.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I know one thing, if I were eating at a restaurant and a bunch of redneck
a-holes came in with their AK-whatever strapped over their shoulder, I'd not hesitate one second to leave the premises WITHOUT PAYING MY BILL. And I'd hope others would do the same thing. Enough of that crap and maybe...just maybe they'd ban guns from public places where people want to eat without feeling intimidated by some coward with a yellow streak up his back and a gun attached to his person.

you'd be arrested for walking out without paying........... cowboy...........lmao

afella

Mayor
Do you sleep with your gun under your pillow? Who the HELL is trying to take away your manhood...or guns or whatever you want to call it?
Never said that anyone was trying to take away any of the examples to highlighted. They couldn't if they tried ;) . I don't like an oligarchy, which you obviously support, telling what to do and not to do, what I can have and what I can't have, what I should say or what I can say. Oligarchy support or disown it, your choice.

afella

Mayor

Also no I do not sleep with a firearm under my pillow. I have and AR-15 in my living room for the coyotes, got one last night actually down in the yard and in defense of my cats, a .22 in the living room for smaller game, and a 9mm in my bed room for fast response to whatever it may be. See my fears aren't a person, they are the coyote pack in my back yard coming up to kill my cats who are mighty fine mice catchers.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Even more fundamental, what of the right of people to not get shot in the head by some moron with a gun?
as guns proliferate, the freedoms of those who do not want guns around them in public are eroded. it's time to flip that around and make the right to be free of guns in public the law of the land. it used to be so.

Bugsy McGurk

President
as guns proliferate, the freedoms of those who do not want guns around them in public are eroded. it's time to flip that around and make the right to be free of guns in public the law of the land. it used to be so.
And yet millions of Americans are so thoroughly loony that they think we'd have less gun violence if we only had MORE guns.

Yikes.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
you'd be arrested for walking out without paying........... cowboy...........lmao
I doubt it. I'd pay but not there and now. Remember everyone's right to defend him/herself if they THINK their life might be in jeopardy? Well, I'd use that defense...put a check in the nearest post office box for the food and I doubt any judge would find me guilty.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Never said that anyone was trying to take away any of the examples to highlighted. They couldn't if they tried ;) . I don't like an oligarchy, which you obviously support, telling what to do and not to do, what I can have and what I can't have, what I should say or what I can say. Oligarchy support or disown it, your choice.
You must be pro-choice then.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I doubt it. I'd pay but not there and now. Remember everyone's right to defend him/herself if they THINK their life might be in jeopardy? Well, I'd use that defense...put a check in the nearest post office box for the food and I doubt any judge would find me guilty.
Nebraska grads can now have their pictures made with GUNS...............OMW...........surely that will make you implode..............

afella

Mayor
You must be pro-choice then.
Pro choice on all accounts. IF you feel it necessary to kill a baby or yourself I stand behind you, or to the side of you depending on method of choice, 100%. I don't dabble with my thoughts and I prefer a balanced and realistic opinion.