• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Gun sales driven upward...

Spamature

President
i dont follow. exact same what? rise in gun sales?
No his announced closing of the border and more restrictions caused that crush of people to attempt to cross the border before the policies were put in place. I said that at the time and in fact used restrictions as an example what if of something that would cause the same rise in behavior.

That is not an expected result, methinks.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/gun-sales-surge-15-driven-by-self-protection-pelosi-schumer-demand-for-limits

better idea: focus on the root cause of the issues we face..
It's what the nutters and the fascists on the left will never understand; this country was founded on our natural rights and built on the concepts of freedom, self-determination, and the right and ability to use weapons to defend both. The Democrats and their despicable supporters currently pushing Third Reich-style disarmament schemes will never win.

Walmart misread this badly. It’s appeal to woke Whole Foods shoppers is quite modest no matter its contemporary virtue signals.

This is rather like McCain or Romney seeking to curry media favor. Whatever tiny gesture they may realize in the near term will be incredibly fleeting and quickly forgotten as the mad dogs default to pedigree.
Even more shocking is that senior leadership at Walmart may actually think this gesture will placate the leftist, anti-civil rights nutters, rather than merely whet their appetite for further incursions into our human rights.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
No his announced closing of the border and more restrictions caused that crush of people to attempt to cross the border before the policies were put in place. I said that at the time and in fact used restrictions as an example what if of something that would cause the same rise in behavior.

So it wasn't a caravan. Only because of trump? Persons have not rushed the border before?

Zam-Zam

Senator
I'm pretty sure he had people tear gas back then too
To your point:

The Obama administration introduced the use of 2-chlorobenzylidene malononitrile, commonly referred to as tear gas, to the border patrol’s arsenal in 2010. Exposure to tear gas burns the skin and eyes and makes it difficult to breathe and can leave victims with lasting physical trauma, but law enforcement in the U.S. is permitted to use it for crowd control.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/immigration-experts-tear-gas-used-border-years-never-children

The Obama administration denies it ever used tear gas on children, however.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
To your point:

The Obama administration introduced the use of 2-chlorobenzylidene malononitrile, commonly referred to as tear gas, to the border patrol’s arsenal in 2010. Exposure to tear gas burns the skin and eyes and makes it difficult to breathe and can leave victims with lasting physical trauma, but law enforcement in the U.S. is permitted to use it for crowd control.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/immigration-experts-tear-gas-used-border-years-never-children

The Obama administration denies it ever used tear gas on children, however.
the discussion is inane to me.. family separation, tear gassing, mistreatment in detention centers, on the border, etc.. all preceded trump. so, there's that.