• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Guns are a Cultural Issue

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Arkady is substantially right about that, by definition!

Militia are by definition military, or paramilitary entities / organizations.

By being "organizations", they are by definition "organized".

I believe the current legal standard is not merely a formal command structure,
but in addition a formal command structure that is faithful to the U.S. president.

Without that, it's just a band of thugs.

* Excerpted from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition © 1996 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from INSO Corporation; further reproduction and distribution in accordance with the Copyright Law of the United States. All rights reserved.
appears the first militia kicked ass..........

have a feeling majority of militia would be Veterans (w/training) and train the civilians

Arkady

President
God given = inalienable.
The two things are obviously not the same. Even if we imagine the existence of a God, if this God were omnipotent, or at least had some degree of freedom, he could give something and then take it away (say, a garden, or life), Thus, something could be God-given and still alienable.

Now, you're about to say, "Please copy and paste where I've advocated such a thing."
I wasn't, but now that you've telegraphed your fear, I can't resist rubbing your nose in it:

"Please copy and paste where I've advocated such a thing."

Weak-minded people are fun to screw with.

C

Capitalist

The two things are obviously not the same. Even if we imagine the existence of a God, if this God were omnipotent, or at least had some degree of freedom, he could give something and then take it away (say, a garden, or life), Thus, something could be God-given and still alienable.
It is not man's place to act like God. To do so is to replace God with the state.

I wasn't, but now that you've telegraphed your fear, I can't resist rubbing your nose in it:

"Please copy and paste where I've advocated such a thing."
Post #193. Thank you and have a nice day.

It is not man's place to act like God. To do so is to replace God with the state.

Post #193. Thank you and have a nice day.
Whoops!

Banning the sale of firearms and with the end game of confiscation is what all progs advocate.

Arky just fukt up and admitted it that's all. He didn't even recall doing it apparently as evidenced by his full throated challenge to you followed by his typical childish taunt.

What I wonder is why some on the left just can't admit their gun grabbing agenda.......maybe it's because the "weak minded" have trouble being honest.

D

Deleted member 21794

Was the question too difficult for you? Why do you require more specificity? The words are easy to understand. It's a yes/no question.

If one murders, isn't one "playing god"?
It's a yes/no question to someone not bright enough to understand that there is not information to answer.

The role is empty and always has been. Why not fill it?
Because when we allow people like you to fill that role, millions are murdered.

Clinton's polling numbers went up in the wake of the deplorables comment. It pissed off the halfwits and the sub-human scum who were embarrassed to realize that people recognized how deplorable they were, but they already supported Trump, so it made no difference what they thought.

trapdoor

Governor
Arkady is substantially right about that, by definition!

Militia are by definition military, or paramilitary entities / organizations.

By being "organizations", they are by definition "organized".

I believe the current legal standard is not merely a formal command structure,
but in addition a formal command structure that is faithful to the U.S. president.

Without that, it's just a band of thugs.

* Excerpted from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition © 1996 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from INSO Corporation; further reproduction and distribution in accordance with the Copyright Law of the United States. All rights reserved.

10 U.S. Code § 246 - Militia: composition and classes
The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

(Excerpted from the laws of the United States.)

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I'm not certain who "we " were, but we weren't trying to hit targets down hill at long range.

Knowing the numbers and trying to shoot by them is a bit like being a virgin and knowing all about sex. The actual experience is different.

It seems people have tremendous difficulty in following threads, including their own words. You wrote the above passage. Below was the response...

We were all virgins once, and hit our target just fine.

The we refers to all of us.

C

Capitalist

10 U.S. Code § 246 - Militia: composition and classes
The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

(Excerpted from the laws of the United States.)
So I guess that answers all the questions of everybody who thinks the 2nd Amendment addresses only the militia.

Welcome to the militia @Arkady

C

Capitalist

Knowing the numbers and trying to shoot by them is a bit like being a virgin and knowing all about sex. The actual experience is different.

It seems people have tremendous difficulty in following threads, including their own words. You wrote the above passage. Below was the response...

We were all virgins once, and hit our target just fine.

The we refers to all of us.
And that's still a non sequitur.

Lack of experience does not equal gaining experience. Got it?

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
And that's still a non sequitur.

Lack of experience does not equal gaining experience. Got it?
No, it's a truism. Lack of experience is quickly altered through experience. Indeed, the only way to garner experience is through experience. Got it?