• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

GUNS SAVE LIVES

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
I have multiple weapons (long rifles, handguns). Stored safely, bio-metric protection, etc. NONE of them has ever leapt up and killed someone on their own.

reason10

Governor
I have multiple weapons (long rifles, handguns). Stored safely, bio-metric protection, etc. NONE of them has ever leapt up and killed someone on their own.
If people like you should have to fear for your lives when you walk down the street or even in your own home, then the animals who would rob or kill you should have to fear for their lives.

reason10

Governor
No fear here, mate :)

But then again, I have a conceal/carry permit.
Jeez!

See... just reading that...if I were a mugger and I had no idea what you looked like in real life, that statement would make me seriously think about getting a regular job and giving up the life of crime.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
Jeez!

See... just reading that...if I were a mugger and I had no idea what you looked like in real life, that statement would make me seriously think about getting a regular job and giving up the life of crime.
Never had to un-conceal. But better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

sear

Mayor
It is terribly sad when delusional zealots forfeit a valid position, as r1 has here:

GUNS SAVE LIVES

Actually, guns are machines designed to kill. That's their purpose.
When used as intended a gun imparts potentially lethal force to target.

The FACT is, rather than:
GUNS SAVE LIVES
what guns ACTUALLY do is render life fungible. It enables those armed to impose value judgements of life & death, such as:
- That ISIL volunteer isn't as worthwhile as I am, so I'll shoot & kill him.
- Rather than that deer running free, I'll kill it so I can feed my family.

etc.

I'm not deliberately denigrating these perspectives. I'm former U.S. military, qualified with various small arms, known to civilians as "guns", "grenade launchers", "bazookas" etc.
I'm also an NRA life member.
I'm also licensed by the State of New York to hunt both small & large game.

So I'm not in any way talking bad about guns, or those who use them properly, legally.

That is so terribly sad is when someone takes a valid argument, and smashes it to smithereens it is a severe dis-service to that cause, however noble.

The following are a reprise of the lies and absurdities that introduce this hideous sham thread:

"Gun stats Dems don't want you to hear" Lead

"you would prefer those people had died." #2

"NONE of them has ever leapt up and killed someone on their own." PC #3

I'll debunk them one by one:

Please quote a "Dems" that assert they don't want you to hear such thing.

Please quote a "you" whomever that may be, that explicitly expresses such morbid preference.

Please quote anyone that asserts otherwise.

reason10

Governor
It is terribly sad when delusional zealots forfeit a valid position, as r1 has here:

So far you seem to be the only delusional zealot here.

Actually, guns are machines designed to kill. That's their purpose.
When used as intended a gun imparts potentially lethal force to target.

And you have a problem with lethal force being used to save innocent live, but you have NO problem with criminals owning guns and having their way.

The FACT is, rather than:
GUNS SAVE LIVES
what guns ACTUALLY do is render life fungible. It enables those armed to impose value judgements of life & death, such as:
- That ISIL volunteer isn't as worthwhile as I am, so I'll shoot & kill him.
- Rather than that deer running free, I'll kill it so I can feed my family.

By all means, starve yourself and your family. Allow your home to be ransacked by animals (including the two legged kind.) Be a victim. Just don't demand others be a victime.

I'm not deliberately denigrating these perspectives. I'm former U.S. military, qualified with various small arms, known to civilians as "guns", "grenade launchers", "bazookas" etc.
I'm also licensed by the State of New York to hunt both small & large game.

So I'm not in any way talking bad about guns, or those who use them properly, legally.

So far, that has been your content in this post.

That is so terribly sad is when someone takes a valid argument, and smashes it to smithereens it is a severe dis-service to that cause, however noble.

So far I've only smashed YOUR invalid arguments.

The following are a reprise of the lies and absurdities that introduce this hideous sham thread:

Nope. They are the truth.

Has CNN or MSNBC posted ANY stats about innocent lives being saved by guns? I'll answer that. NO.

Truth is truth. And facts don't care about your feelings. The logical conclusion is liberals want more victims so they can outlaw guns. They are THAT [Unwelcome language removed] STUPID.

You are disputing this basic fact of science?

I'll debunk them one by one:

So far only YOU has been debunked.

The world is not unicorns and lollipops, regardless of what your safe space landlords have told you. It is a dangerous place and there are instances when innocent people have to be guarded by firearms, which is a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT. The stats of 760,000 lives saved a year by guns is an accurate figure.

If you are against guns, then you wish those 760,000 innocent people had been killed.

sear

Mayor
" you have a problem with lethal force being used to save innocent live " r1 #9
More of the same, obvious ravings from a delusional mind.

You continue to refute arguments not made. Please respond as soon as you become rational.

reason10

Governor
More of the same, obvious ravings from a delusional mind.

You continue to refute arguments not made. Please respond as soon as you become rational.

You liberals continue to make the same dumbfuck argument, you lose the argument and then you deny making the argument.

And you wonder why everybody says liberals are such idiots.

reason10

Governor
And how many gun murders are there for every documented instance of guns saving lives

Nobody is denying that there are gun murders. The source here says 760,000 lives saved a year. Maybe three times that number could be the case if more LAW ABIDING PEOPLE carried firearms.

But you are afraid for the safety of criminals. You don't give a rat's ass about the innocent victims.

sear

Mayor
"You liberals " r1 #15
sear previously posted:

"I'm former U.S. military, qualified with various small arms, known to civilians as "guns", "grenade launchers", "bazookas" etc.
I'm also licensed by the State of New York to hunt both small & large game." s #8

We would be lucky to have "liberals" with credentials / backgrounds / principles like mine.
I hadn't realized what esteem you hold for liberals. Perhaps I underestimated you.
"continue to make the same dumb**** argument" r1
Please quote this "argument" as I have posted it, along with one other "liberal".
"you lose the argument and then you deny making the argument." r1 aka Mr. delusion
I've lost no argument in this thread.
"you wonder why everybody says liberals are such idiots. " Kreskin
Actually, the thought hadn't crossed my mind until I read your false accusation.

Please don't despair r1. McDonald's is hiring at entry level. And while we understand how desperately ill-suited you to constructive pursuit, I am confidence with intensive training and a few weeks of OJT you'll be able to work the window, and clean the toilet well enough to earn $pay.

Nostra

Governor
Guns prevent crimes 2.5 MILLION times each year.

Fact: Every year, people in the United States use guns to defend themselves against criminals an estimated 2,500,000 times – more than 6,500 people a day, or once every 13 seconds. 1 Of these instances, 15.7% of the people using firearms defensively stated that they “almost certainly” saved their lives by doing so.

Fact: Even the government’s estimate, which has a major methodology problem, 2 estimates people defend themselves 235,700 times each year with guns. 3

Fact: The number of times per year an American uses a firearm to deter a home invasion alone is 498,000. 4

Fact: In 83.5% (2,087,500) of these successful gun defenses, the attacker either threatened or used force first, proving that guns are very well suited for self-defense. 5

Fact: The rate of defensive gun use (DGU) is six times that of criminal gun use. 6

Fact: Of the 2,500,000 times citizens use guns to defend themselves, 92% merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. 7

Fact: In most of the remaining 8% of defensive gun uses, a citizen never wounds his or her attacker (they fire warning shots), and in less than one in a thousand instances is the attacker killed. 8

Fact: In one local review of firearm homicide, more than 12% were civilian legal defensive homicides. 9

Fact: For every accidental death (802), suicide (16,869) or homicide (11,348) 10 with a firearm (29,019), 13 lives (390,000) 11 are preserved through defensive use.

Fact: When using guns in self-defense, 91.1% of the time, not a single shot is fired. 12

Fact: After the implementation of Canada’s 1977 gun controls prohibiting handgun possession for protection, the “breaking and entering” crime rate rose 25%, surpassing the American rate. 13

Myth: The small number of self-defense killings shows that private gun ownership does nothing
Fact: Most DGUs do not involve firing a gun. The average private gun owner who uses guns for self defense take non-fatal actions, such as brandishing the weapon. In other instances, they may fire a warning shot or intentionally would their attacker. 14
http://www.gunfacts.info/gun-control-myths/guns-and-crime-prevention/

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
If I am armed (I usually am), and someone tries to rob me, and pulls a gun, I will shoot them. If they live, they live. If they die, they die. In the latter case, I consider my SAVED life more important than their ENDED life.

Deal with it, gun haters.

sear

Mayor
"someone tries to rob me, and pulls a gun, I will shoot them." MA #19
While I'm not impervious to inspirational prose, this is the well cast fantasy of the gun-nut.

The notion that when an armed assailant has both the element of surprise, and has the drop on you, gun potentially already drawn and aimed,
that you could and would somehow acquire a weapon, prepare it for firing, aim, and hit your target all before s/he could pull the trigger;
it's absolutely nothing short of delusion.

If it comforts you to cling to such delusion fine.
But religious fantasies provide the same level of protection, but religionists don't have to worry when they get near a metal detector.