• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Harry Potter author turn's Trump's 5 tweet rant about Mueller into a character study.

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
Of course I didn't read them. Back when they had book stores you could look at a book before you bought it and I did. The writing was atrocious when you grew up on things like The Hobbit, Dune, Sword of Shanara, ... or Steinbeck, Hemingway, ... or RPG like D &D. You think I didn't give Potter a fair shot? I did and it sucked.
It's called the "dumbing down" of today's youth.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Of course I didn't read them. Back when they had book stores you could look at a book before you bought it and I did. The writing was atrocious when you grew up on things like The Hobbit, Dune, Sword of Shanara, ... or Steinbeck, Hemingway, ... or RPG like D &D. You think I didn't give Potter a fair shot? I did and it sucked.
You didn't read them, but then you critique them? Says much about you.
JK Rowlings is a very rich woman, and has donated much money to charity. She didn't earn that money by writing books that "suck". Who are you?

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
So you didn't read them either. Go figure. You probably never got past Cat in the Hat or The Hungry Green Caterpillar.
Why in the hell would I read Harry Potter books?

Grade Reading Level

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone /
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone 880L 5-6
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 940L 5-6
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 880L 5-6
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 880L 5-6
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 950L 5-7
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 1030L 6-8

http://www.life-after-harry-potter.com/hpbooks.html

"But can we equate popularity and passion with quality? Phil Nel voices the sentiment of many when he asserts, “Rowling is gifted at inventing a carefully imagined parallel universe, great at creating character, and a skilled crafter of plots.” On the other hand, Jeffrey Canton compares the series to other works of fantasy and finds it lacking in craft.

“Every time I read Alice in Wonderland, I am astounded by Carroll’s text — that’s what I don’t find in Rowling — some fabulous moments but overall — it’s a great son et lumiere show but that’s all it is.”

His voice is echoed by others who find the book to be entertaining but not especially compelling. According to Richard Flynn, the quality of the prose falls off precipitously after book one. Melynda Huskey suggests that as Rowling moves into young-adult territory she over-reaches, and the operatic, grandiose scale she is aiming for in the later books just falls flat. Some point out distractingly bad patches of writing. Stylistic elements such as “all those adverbial dialogue tags” and the overuse of capitals and exclamation points to express emotion detract from the reading pleasure of some. But the most commonly cited flaw was the tedious length of the later books, some of which could have easily been 100 pages shorter."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/college-inc/post/is-harry-potter-classic-childrens-literature/2011/07/16/gIQA0RS1HI_blog.html?utm_term=.df00764c11b6

Last edited:
JK Rowlings is a very rich woman, and has donated much money to charity. She didn't earn that money by writing books that "suck". Who are you?
You have no appreciation of what is actually good. Clearly a lot of people don't.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Why in the hell would I read Harry Potter books?

Grade Reading Level

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone /
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone 880L 5-6
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 940L 5-6
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 880L 5-6
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 880L 5-6
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 950L 5-7
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 1030L 6-8

http://www.life-after-harry-potter.com/hpbooks.html

"But can we equate popularity and passion with quality? Phil Nel voices the sentiment of many when he asserts, “Rowling is gifted at inventing a carefully imagined parallel universe, great at creating character, and a skilled crafter of plots.” On the other hand, Jeffrey Canton compares the series to other works of fantasy and finds it lacking in craft.

“Every time I read Alice in Wonderland, I am astounded by Carroll’s text — that’s what I don’t find in Rowling — some fabulous moments but overall — it’s a great son et lumiere show but that’s all it is.”

His voice is echoed by others who find the book to be entertaining but not especially compelling. According to Richard Flynn, the quality of the prose falls off precipitously after book one. Melynda Huskey suggests that as Rowling moves into young-adult territory she over-reaches, and the operatic, grandiose scale she is aiming for in the later books just falls flat. Some point out distractingly bad patches of writing. Stylistic elements such as “all those adverbial dialogue tags” and the overuse of capitals and exclamation points to express emotion detract from the reading pleasure of some. But the most commonly cited flaw was the tedious length of the later books, some of which could have easily been 100 pages shorter."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/college-inc/post/is-harry-potter-classic-childrens-literature/2011/07/16/gIQA0RS1HI_blog.html?utm_term=.df00764c11b6
All that googling and she's still a very popular, successful person who has given millions to charity. What have you accomplished? Jealous much? LOL Who are you to make fun of her? I didn't read them either, but my kids did. Evidently LOTS of kids did, as well as adults. I'll take their word and her sales over the word of some hate spewing she-cat and someone who calls himself evil. Thank you. End of conversation. You're nothing but a troll.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
You have no appreciation of what is actually good. Clearly a lot of people don't.
Evidently, you, a Trump toady doesn't know what's good either. So put that in your bong pipe and smoke it. If JK Rowlings was a big fan of your Messiah, you and @Charcat and all the other Trump Toadies here on PJ would be singing her praises.

Caroljo

Senator
AH...blame your ignorance or lies on me, huh? Why should you have said "she doesn't know shot about politics." ? I said nothing about guns. You cons are such freaking gun nuts that you don't know shot from shit.
You're the one that didn't understand what I said. You don't even understand the difference between 'tact' and 'tactic'.

Caroljo

Senator
Oh....she's one of those horrible 1%ers you all hate so much? But she's ok, because she hates Trump. Lol!

Caroljo

Senator
All that googling and she's still a very popular, successful person who has given millions to charity. What have you accomplished? Jealous much? LOL Who are you to make fun of her? I didn't read them either, but my kids did. Evidently LOTS of kids did, as well as adults. I'll take their word and her sales over the word of some hate spewing she-cat and someone who calls himself evil. Thank you. End of conversation. You're nothing but a troll.
Who are you to make fun of ANYONE? But you do it anyway.

Caroljo

Senator
Evidently, you, a Trump toady doesn't know what's good either. So put that in your bong pipe and smoke it. If JK Rowlings was a big fan of your Messiah, you and @Charcat and all the other Trump Toadies here on PJ would be singing her praises.
And if she was a Trump supporter, you would be spewing your hate on her. So what's your point? Besides the one on the top of your head?

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
Just curious....why did you put an apostrophe in "turn's?"

Harry Potter author turn's Trump's 5 tweet rant about Mueller into a character study.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Just curious....why did you put an apostrophe in "turn's?"

Who the hell knows? Are you sure you know what an apostrophe is? Please, don't ask @Caroljo, she'll probably tell you it's a comma. Typos happen to everyone, but ignorance that you and your friend Carol spew is probably in your genes. Do cats and crows have genes?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
And if she was a Trump supporter, you would be spewing your hate on her. So what's your point? Besides the one on the top of your head?
Damn, you must really want attention from me. 3 posts to me in 5 minutes and it's taken me hours to respond. I see you brought your cat and dawg with you. You really should feed them so they'd stop nipping at other's ankles.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Damn, you must really want attention from me. 3 posts to me in 5 minutes and it's taken me hours to respond. I see you brought your cat and dawg with you. You really should feed them so they'd stop nipping at other's ankles.
if it bothers you why reply
you just like to curse and act like a spoiled ass brat BULLY

You're the perfect Lib
full of vulgar and Violence

Your teachers

Big Nina lusting for attention

Caroljo

Senator
Like I've never come in here to find 5 or more posts from you in a row....many replying to the same post! But then, you have a long way to go to beat @Dawg on post counts. LMAO!!!

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
J.K. Rowling sarcastically joked about preserving President Donald Trump’s Friday Twitter rant as source material for a future “character of quiet strength.”

J.K. Rowling

@jk_rowling

Twitter really is an amazing resource for a writer. These screen caps will be a useful reference should I need to create a character of quiet strength, facing his tribulations calmly, fortified by his clear conscience.

6:33 AM - Dec 7, 2018

In August, acclaimed author JK Rowling has mocked Donald Trump for his Twitter posts, likening the president's way of writing to the speech of a school yard bully.

Responding to a tweet from the president accusing the New York Times of being “fake news”, the Harry Potter author said Mr Trump's message to that of a boastful child with a poor grasp of the English language, and very few friends.

J.K. Rowling‏Verified account @jk_rowling Aug 19

I do'nt care what Kids at School call me because they are all Disgusting Fake Losers and my Real Friends go to a diffrent Scool you haven't heard of and they think Im the Coolest and Smartest and we go to parties and I don't have to tell you there Names for this to be True.
leftist sure love using foreign agents to try and influence the 2020 election.