• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Harry Reid knows a terrorist when he sees one

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Except some tea party "patriots" were carrying guns.. as I understood it.

"It is an issue we cannot let go, just walk away from,” Reid said. “There were hundreds, hundreds of people from around the country that came there. They had sniper rifles in the freeway. They had weapons, automatic weapons. They had children lined up. They wanted to make sure they got hurt first … What if others tried the same thing?”
“Clive Bundy does not recognize the United... States,” Reid continued. “The United States, he says, is a foreign government. He doesn’t pay his taxes. He doesn’t pay his fees. And he doesn’t follow the law. He continues to thumb his nose at authority.”

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
And rather than taking care of anything Bundy did to break any laws peacefully, our government chose to bring in this "unlawful use of force to intimidate Bundy for their own political objectives".

Thank you, Addy. I couldn't have said it better.

Not exactly, Jen.. You and I have differing views on who was out of line.. Bundy had many chances to rectify this unsolved issue and he alone is responsible for owing unpaid taxes on the federal land he was using.
Making the govt out be the bad guys is backfiring on Bundy and his followers...big time.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I would have too....only a fool wouldn't. And why did Reid lie about Bundy not paying his taxes?
Sorry, but that is total baloney.. imo.. I havn't any knowledge of Bundy having paid his taxes. Maybe you have a link to that read. I must have missed it.

Caroljo

Senator
Sorry, but that is total baloney.. imo.. I havn't any knowledge of Bundy having paid his taxes. Maybe you have a link to that read. I must have missed it.
Ok....after doing some searching I agree, there's no proof one way or the other if he paid them. But then that makes me think about why our government hasn't gone after government workers that haven't paid theirs??

This link is from January 2012.....but have all of them got caught up on their taxes? I doubt it.....

President Barack Obama has preached that all Americans should pay their fair share in taxes, but a government report finds that tens of thousands of federal employees -- from staffers in Congress to those in federal agencies and even Obama's executive office -- collectively owe the government billions in back taxes.
http://money.msn.com/tax-tips/post.aspx?post=ab789642-9f66-414f-8683-8dbc20504dc0

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Ok....after doing some searching I agree, there's no proof one way or the other if he paid them. But then that makes me think about why our government hasn't gone after government workers that haven't paid theirs??

This link is from January 2012.....but have all of them got caught up on their taxes? I doubt it.....

President Barack Obama has preached that all Americans should pay their fair share in taxes, but a government report finds that tens of thousands of federal employees -- from staffers in Congress to those in federal agencies and even Obama's executive office -- collectively owe the government billions in back taxes.
http://money.msn.com/tax-tips/post.aspx?post=ab789642-9f66-414f-8683-8dbc20504dc0

Maybe the budget cuts made in the IRS had something to do with it..
In a move that even conservative attack dog Charles Krauthammer called "silly and small," House Republicans want to punish the IRS for its roles in Obamacare and the non-profit non-scandal. As The Hill reported this week:

The House Appropriations Committee released a measure on Tuesday that would roll back the IRS budget by $3 billion -- a cut of roughly a quarter -- in direct response to the agency's targeting of tax-exempt groups.
The bill would place other restrictions on IRS staffers, including a prohibition on funding to implement the individual mandate in President Obama's healthcare law.

Leaving aside for the moment the impact on the Affordable Care Act, this latest conservative kamikaze mission would add billions in red ink to Uncle Sam's bottom line. And ff this movie seems familiar, it's because you saw it two years ago.

The Obama Administration wanted to increase the IRS budget from $12.1 billion to $13.3 billion in fiscal 2012 and add 5,000 IRS agents. But the House GOP said no. In April 2011, cost the Treasury $4 billion in lost revenue. Now, the annual report to Congress from the National Taxpayer Advocate shows, "IRS is not adequately funded to serve taxpayers or collect revenue." As the AP explained:

The Internal Revenue Service can't keep up with surging tax cheating and isn't sufficiently collecting revenue or helping confused taxpayers because Congress isn't giving it enough money to do its job, a government watchdog said Wednesday...
Congress cut the IRS budget to $11.8 billion this year. That is $300 million less than last year and $1.5 billion below the request by President Barack Obama, who argued that boosting the agency's spending would fatten tax collections and provide better service to taxpayers.

Jen

Senator
Not exactly, Jen.. You and I have differing views on who was out of line.. Bundy had many chances to rectify this unsolved issue and he alone is responsible for owing unpaid taxes on the federal land he was using.
Making the govt out be the bad guys is backfiring on Bundy and his followers...big time.
Then Bundy should have simply been arrested.

Sending out the snipers, tazers, rough team is government bullying -- tyranny. There's really no other way to look at it.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Then Bundy should have simply been arrested.

Sending out the snipers, tazers, rough team is government bullying -- tyranny. There's really no other way to look at it.
Innocent bystanders had to be protected..All of those Bundy followers showing up armed only intensified the situation.

Jen

Senator
Innocent bystanders had to be protected..All of those Bundy followers showing up armed only intensified the situation.
Why did they show up armed?

Because the government was there.............and armed.

Unnecessary.

All the feds had to do was knock on Bundy's door and read him his rights and arrest him.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Why did they show up armed?

Because the government was there.............and armed.

Unnecessary.

All the feds had to do was knock on Bundy's door and read him his rights and arrest him.
They were wanting compensation for the money owed.. seizing the cattle from Federal land -- for non payment was the objective..

Jen

Senator
They were wanting compensation for the money owed.. seizing the cattle from Federal land -- for non payment was the objective..
Killing cattle, torturing baby calves and momma cows is just cruel and inhumane.
Call it what it is.
This is why I have accused liberals of not understanding the sanctity of life. Instead of arresting a man they think has shortchanged our government (as if Rangel, Geithner and a host of other Democrats haven't done that - and they somehow don't care about that)...............they hurt animals. Shameful.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Killing cattle, torturing baby calves and momma cows is just cruel and inhumane.
Call it what it is.
This is why I have accused liberals of not understanding the sanctity of life. Instead of arresting a man they think has shortchanged our government (as if Rangel, Geithner and a host of other Democrats haven't done that - and they somehow don't care about that)...............they hurt animals. Shameful.
I seriously doubt the animals were hurt deliberately.. Rounding up cattle isn't easy sometimes... injuries will occur under even the best circumstances.

Jen

Senator
I seriously doubt the animals were hurt deliberately.. Rounding up cattle isn't easy sometimes... injuries will occur under even the best circumstances.
What was done to them was deliberate.
I can guarantee you that Bundy's cowboys would not have hurt a single cow, calf or bull.
The bulls were killed in their pens. Shot. That's not part of rounding them up.

It was intentional on the part of the government.
Hey................I understand you are an advocate for your Democrats.
But this was just wrong.
I am not saying Bundy is right. He isn't.
I am saying that what the government did was tyrannical and what Reid said was unconscionable. And if you support that, you are wrong. We have taken it apart. Read our posts. I think it's clear that the government and Reid overstepped on this one.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
My gosh, Jen.. I have read some the posts, most of them are mainly nit picking the govt's efforts and glorifying the moocher/free loader, Bundy.

Jen

Senator
My gosh, Jen.. I have read some the posts, most of them are mainly nit picking the govt's efforts and glorifying the moocher/free loader, Bundy.
I am talking about our conversation, Addy. You and me. I told you exactly what I think and I have not glorified Bundy. Arrest him. Yet you still support Reid calling people "domestic terrorists" (even though what is going on falls short of domestic terrorism by a LOT). Both Bundy AND our government are wrong. Killing innocent cows does not become our government. It's unconscionable.

I am not supporting or reading any other posters. What is your opinion of what I am saying, Addy?

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
We have taken it apart. Read our posts.
You implored me to read the posts above, Jen. I was stating what I had read/observed in those posts by the repubs.