• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Have you filed your federal tax return yet?

TBLee

Governor
Great. Then we can end the program entirely. God forbid we take care of other people. Those older people cans fend for themselves, and I will enjoy the tax savings.
Explain to me what collecting Social Security upon my retirement (which I have paid into since I was 15), has to do with YOU expecting ME to pay off your Student Loan? Are you possibly so dense that you do understand the difference between taking out a loan and living up to your responsibility for the loan in which you legally signed an agreement to repay, and my collecting on a retirement fund in which I have paid into for well over 50 years? :cool:

Explain to me what collecting Social Security upon my retirement (which I have paid into since I was 15), has to do with YOU expecting ME to pay off your Student Loan? Are you possibly so dense that you do understand the difference between taking out a loan and living up to your responsibility for the loan in which you legally signed an agreement to repay, and my collecting on a retirement fund in which I have paid into for well over 50 years? :cool:
You have paid into a ponzi scheme for 50 years. It's best to just shut it down now. Then I can take tax saving and pay off my student loans, instead of paying to support all the welfare queen boomers who are incapable of taking care of themselves.
Now if they want me to pay for them then they should pay for me.

TBLee

Governor
You have paid into a ponzi scheme for 50 years. It's best to just shut it down now. Then I can take tax saving and pay off my student loans, instead of paying to support all the welfare queen boomers who are incapable of taking care of themselves.
Now if they want me to pay for them then they should pay for me.
You took out those student loans, you signed the contract agreeing to pay the money back. Its on you bub. Its your responsibility, and you will have to pay up. ;)

Spamature

President
Why are you avoiding entering into the discussion I was having. You interjected yourself into, so the very least you could do is address the questions that I brought up. The discussion was about Student loans.
No I am addressing the part of what you posted that I wanted to address. You talked about two things in the post I responded to. Now as far as student debt is concerned. Education benefits the entire society. You already pay for someone else's primary education through the public K -12 education system. So to claim otherwise is simply not true.

But that system only provide us with people who can read and write. If we want scientist, doctors, lawyers, engineers, and people to continue to educating future generations, and so on, higher education is an investment in people to carry out the higher functions in society beyond people who can just read and write. And those people are also a benefit to you and society.

So if you need a reason to justify paying student debt and continuing education I just gave you one, because these are the people you depend on for a higher functioning society.

Spamature

President
We've chosen endless war and global militarist occupation instead, we have a responsibility to the 73% of the world's dictatorships that we support, society can go fock itself.
We really didn't choose it as much as we have had it chosen for us. You might as well be saying that the people under those dictatorship chose to live under one.

TBLee

Governor
No I am addressing the part of what you posted that I wanted to address. You talked about two things in the post I responded to. Now as far as student debt is concerned. Education benefits the entire society. You already pay for someone else's primary education through the public K -12 education system. So to claim otherwise is simply not true.

But that system only provide us with people who can read and write. If we want scientist, doctors, lawyers, engineers, and people to continue to educating future generations, and so on, higher education is an investment in people to carry out the higher functions in society beyond people who can just read and write. And those people are also a benefit to you and society.

So if you need a reason to justify paying student debt and continuing education I just gave you one, because these are the people you depend on for a higher functioning society.
Yes, my tax dollars do indeed help fund compulsory education. College is a choice. Making the decision to attend college may involved the signing of legal documents in which you agree to pay back the loan given for post-secondary education, third-level or tertiary education. I am not responsible for funding the education of anyone who signed legal documents stating they agreed to pay the funds back. It is their debt, not mine.

TBLee

Governor
Yes, retirement is your responsibility. I shouldn't be paying for boomers to retire.
The difference is, my retirement did not require me to sign a legal document in which I agreed to pay back a loan. You took the loan out, YOU are responsible for that loan. C:cool:

Spamature

President
Yes, my tax dollars do indeed help fund compulsory education. College is a choice. Making the decision to attend college may involved the signing of legal documents in which you agree to pay back the loan given for post-secondary education, third-level or tertiary education. I am not responsible for funding the education of anyone who signed legal documents stating they agreed to pay the funds back. It is their debt, not mine.
Okay, fine. Current debtors are SOL in your opinion. But you do understand these debtors are not treated like other debtors ? They can't file for bankruptcy like people who get overwhelmed with medical debt or other kinds of loans.

Do you think that is fair ?

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Okay, fine. Current debtors are SOL in your opinion. But you do understand these debtors are not treated like other debtors ? They can't file for bankruptcy like people who get overwhelmed with medical debt or other kinds of loans.

no such thing as fair, they should have read the fine print or worked their way through school. Lots of people do, the reason that no defaults clause is in that contract is to protect the lender due to too many defaults.
They incurred the debt they get to pay it off, that's called responsibility.

Spamature

President
no such thing as fair, they should have read the fine print or worked their way through school. Lots of people do, the reason that no defaults clause is in that contract is to protect the lender due to too many defaults.
They incurred the debt they get to pay it off, that's called responsibility.
If you can shrug and say there is no such thing as fair then what grounds do you have to complain about the taxpayer picking up the tab.

What, that it's unfair ?

Shrug....

TBLee

Governor

I believe all those who sign a legal contract for a debt, should pay their own debt.

TBLee

Governor
Yes, I never signed a paper saying I would pay for your retirement.
Thanks for making my point! You DID sign a legal contract for your school loan that you now want someone else to pay for. Having a college education, I would assume you understand how a legal contract works? :cool:

Spamature

President
I believe all those who sign a legal contract for a debt, should pay their own debt.
Then how in the world can you support the King of Bankruptcy, Trump ?
Why is it okay for scociety to pick up the tab for him as he lounges in his penthouses and resorts and not some struggling former student slugging through a bad economy .
Please explain that bit of cognitive dissonance if you can.

Last edited:

TBLee

Governor
Then how in the world can you support the King of Bankruptcy, Trump ?
Why is it okay for scociety to pick up the tab for him as he lounges in his penthouses and resorts and not some struggling former student slugging through a bad economy .
Please explain that bit of cognitive dissonance if you can.
Please show me where I have EVER stated that I supported Trump's bankruptcy. I believe if you owe money, you live up to your responsibilities. I don't care if you are Donald Trump, or a College student who believes he isn't responsible for the student loans he agreed to pay for.

Spamature

President
Please show me where I have EVER stated that I supported Trump's bankruptcy. I believe if you owe money, you live up to your responsibilities. I don't care if you are Donald Trump, or a College student who believes he isn't responsible for the student loans he agreed to pay for.
We owed that money to Iran for military equipment we never delivered. So I suppose you also supported Obama giving them their money back ?