• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Have you filed your federal tax return yet?

TBLee

Governor
We owed that money to Iran for military equipment we never delivered. So I suppose you also supported Obama giving them their money back ?
WTF are you rambling on about? Address the discussion at hand instead of going off on your Obama ass kissing rant. Do you believe College student should have to pay off their student loan debt?

TBLee

Governor
We owed that money to Iran for military equipment we never delivered. So I suppose you also supported Obama giving them their money back ?
By the way, have you had any luck finding the reply in which I stated I supported Trump's bankruptcy? Waiting...

Spamature

President
WTF are you rambling on about? Address the discussion at hand instead of going off on your Obama ass kissing rant. Do you believe College student should have to pay off their student loan debt?
Look I am trying to figure out your position on debt and repayment. You don't have to fly off the handle if you find the question uncomfortable.

As for student debt I think is should be negotiable taking its real world value and the actual money income expected in the field should be part of that consideration. In addition to that repayment should be based upon a percentage of actual income, and it should have a set lifespan after which it can be discharged.

Because they had a 18 yr old gamble on the future and promoted their ability to prepare them for it when they took the bet.

Last edited:

TBLee

Governor
Look I am trying to figure out your position on debt and repayment. You don't have to fly off the handle if you find the question uncomfortable.

As for student debt I think is should be negotiable taking its real world value and the actual money income expected in the field should be part of that consideration. In addition to that repayment should be based upon a percentage of actual income, and it should have a set lifespan after which it can be discharged.
So let's get down to the nuts and bolts of this. Do you believe the individuals who take out a student loan, should be responsible for paying back the money that was lent to them? Yes or No? No need for bullsh*t. You either believe they owe the money or not.

Spamature

President
So let's get down to the nuts and bolts of this. Do you believe the individuals who take out a student loan, should be responsible for paying back the money that was lent to them? Yes or No? No need for bullsh*t. You either believe they owe the money or not.
I think my statement makes it clear they should pay back their loans. I included my position on HOW those loans should be repaid until a certain point after which the full amount should no longer be due. and that discharge contingent should most certainly be based upon whether the non interest portion of loan has been repaid.

TBLee

Governor
I think my statement makes it clear they should pay back their loans. I included my position on HOW those loans should be repaid until a certain point after which the full amount should no longer be due. and that discharge contingent should most certainly be based upon whether the non interest portion of loan has been repaid.
Great. I agree, Student loans should be paid off by those responsible for taking the loans out.

Spamature

President
Great. I agree, Student loans should be paid off by those responsible for taking the loans out.
But how is the question I now the question on the table. Most of the current student loan debt is essentially owe to the federal govt. It is basically (as I described earlier as) a human infrastructure debt being paid off at interest by select that group of taxpayers.

Most of us here over our lifetimes have collectively accrued 90% of the $23 trillion in debt added to the govt. balance sheet . Yet nobody is asking us to pay back that loan. If fact they keep coming up with reasons to borrow even more through tax cuts. Do you support addition loan repayment above regular taxiation to pay off that loan ?

TBLee

Governor
But how is the question I now the question on the table. Most of the current student loan debt is essentially owe to the federal govt. It is basically (as I described earlier as) a human infrastructure debt being paid off at interest by select that group of taxpayers.

Most of us here over our lifetimes have collectively accrued 90% of the $23 trillion in debt added to the govt. balance sheet . Yet nobody is asking us to pay back that loan. If fact they keep coming up with reasons to borrow even more through tax cuts. Do you support addition loan repayment above regular taxiation to pay off that loan ?
I support that they pay whatever is negotiated in the contract they signed to repay their student loans. The education they receive should be paid for. I believe in general College is too expensive, but that does not negate that you pay what you owe. Personal responsibility for one's own debt.

Spamature

President
I support that they pay whatever is negotiated in the contract they signed to repay their student loans. The education they receive should be paid for. I believe in general College is too expensive, but that does not negate that you pay what you owe. Personal responsibility for one's own debt.
But that is not what I asked.

Most of us here over our lifetimes have collectively accrued 90% of the $23 trillion in debt added to the govt. balance sheet . Yet nobody is asking us to pay back that loan. If fact they keep coming up with reasons to borrow even more through tax cuts.

Do you support addition loan repayment above regular taxation to pay off that loan ?

TBLee

Governor
But that is not what I asked.

Most of us here over our lifetimes have collectively accrued 90% of the $23 trillion in debt added to the govt. balance sheet . Yet nobody is asking us to pay back that loan. If fact they keep coming up with reasons to borrow even more through tax cuts.

Do you support addition loan repayment above regular taxation to pay off that loan ?
I did answer your question, you just don't like my answer. I support them paying off their personal student debt as stated in the legally binding contract they signed. They "gained" something from their student loan. I fully expect my daughter to pay off her student loan, as she was taught the importance of understanding personal debt, and that her choices would entail certain consequences.

Spamature

President
I did answer your question, you just don't like my answer. I support them paying off their personal student debt as stated in the legally binding contract they signed. They "gained" something from their student loan. I fully expect my daughter to pay off her student loan, as she was taught the importance of understanding personal debt, and that her choices would entail certain consequences.
No you are simply ignoring my question, not answering it, and then saying that you have when you have not.

I already know about your feeling about your daughter's debt to the federal govt. when it backed her loan. But that is only small $1 trillion of what is owed and backed by the federal govt in regards to money borrowed.

I want to know your feelings on the rest of it.

Please speak about that if you don't mind.

TBLee

Governor
No you are simply ignoring my question, not answering it, and then saying that you have when you have not.

I already know about your feeling about your daughter's debt to the federal govt. when it backed her loan. But that is only small $1 trillion of what is owed and backed by the federal govt in regards to money borrowed.

I want to know your feelings on the rest of it.

Please speak about that if you don't mind.
If you wish to start a thread about the overall government debt, by all means do so. :cool:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Actually you did, well if you collect a paycheck. Which is doubtful.

Don't like it. Roll back FDR, and SSI and make it optional.

Oh wait. That was floated 2 administrations ago- and leftists cried like a baby.
This is odd stuff. On the one hand it's pay for my student loans. On the other hand the retired can drop dead. on yet another hand it's pay for my health care. And on still another don't tax me bro.

Incongruous stuff to the max

This is odd stuff. On the one hand it's pay for my student loans. On the other hand the retired can drop dead. on yet another hand it's pay for my health care. And on still another don't tax me bro.

Incongruous stuff to the max
No, its not incongrous, because I am not advocating for an idealogy, I am advocating for my self-interests. Just like everyone else. Your typical boomer's self-interests are raising Social Security payouts, funding cuts for higher education so they can fund tax cuts. And literally everyone says "tax everyone else but me, bro"