• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Hello and nice to meet you

CherryPanda

Council Member
Hello, everyone =)

Don't really know what to say in this type of posts, but the politeness rules tell me to right something.
I like to participate in different political discussions, but I don't like when people become rude and personal.

I am always ready to listen to the arguments of my opponents, and I might even agree - but those should be actually arguments and facts, not personal speculations. =)

But I am not that serious as it may sound in the previous sentences. =) I like to have fun and laugh a lot.

So, I hope to spend good time here. =)

Reactions: Jen

Caroljo

Senator
Welcome!! Well, if you like political discussion, you're at the right place! However, I doubt you'll avoid rude or personal comments here, we all get them and we all give them (at times). But we like to have fun too :). I hope you enjoy it and stay!

Jen

Senator
Hello, everyone =)

Don't really know what to say in this type of posts, but the politeness rules tell me to right something.
I like to participate in different political discussions, but I don't like when people become rude and personal.

I am always ready to listen to the arguments of my opponents, and I might even agree - but those should be actually arguments and facts, not personal speculations. =)

But I am not that serious as it may sound in the previous sentences. =) I like to have fun and laugh a lot.

Jump right in and don't be too thin-skinned.
Some people are rude no matter what. Generally though, you'll be treated the same way you treat others.
Welcome.

Hello, everyone =)

Welcome and where do you come from? What is your native language?

CherryPanda

Council Member
Welcome and where do you come from? What is your native language?
I'm from Atlanta, but I see why you asked the question. That was rather strange mistake, but this stuff happens to me all the time. I think it's kind of professional disorder or something - I am a linguist and a translator, so languages mix in my head from time to time. Sometimes it's funny, and sometimes it gets scary, especially when I forget something very simple in my native language.

I'm from Atlanta, but I see why you asked the question. That was rather strange mistake, but this stuff happens to me all the time. I think it's kind of professional disorder or something - I am a linguist and a translator, so languages mix in my head from time to time. Sometimes it's funny, and sometimes it gets scary, especially when I forget something very simple in my native language.
Which languages do you translate?

CherryPanda

Council Member
Good for you --- If I were younger I would choose Arabic too, it has so much to tell us.
Being a real fan of languages and studying languages I feel an obligation to encourage you =) Age doesn't matter, only your determination sets your limits - or none =) You should definitely try ;)

Being a real fan of languages and studying languages I feel an obligation to encourage you =) Age doesn't matter, only your determination sets your limits - or none =) You should definitely try ;)
I am about to begin a Law Degree, which is quite daunting, maybe after that or once I've got used to studying again --- I love languages too but didn't realize I had an aptitude for them until it was later in life and when life was exceedingly busy --- but I lived in houses where up to 6 different languages were being spoken at the same time so I'm comfy with them.

CherryPanda

Council Member
I am about to begin a Law Degree, which is quite daunting, maybe after that or once I've got used to studying again --- I love languages too but didn't realize I had an aptitude for them until it was later in life and when life was exceedingly busy --- but I lived in houses where up to 6 different languages were being spoken at the same time so I'm comfy with them.
Wow, that's fantastic! And what languages were they?

Wow, that's fantastic! And what languages were they?
Different mixtures of Flemish, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Arabic, Greek, Italian and English --- can't remember any others, Oh yes Turkish, Polish and Yugoslavian.

Very odd pigeon tongues came out of the mix ;)

CherryPanda

Council Member
Different mixtures of Flemish, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Arabic, Greek, Italian and English --- can't remember any others, Oh yes Turkish, Polish and Yugoslavian.

Very odd pigeon tongues came out of the mix ;)
What a field for a good old linguistic research!

What a field for a good old linguistic research!
Sweet heart, I worked in Belgique brothels for 20 years --- so much of the time one really did not want to understand what was being said ;)

But, I did for years think of writing a play/ a comedy where at least three languages were being spoken, and that the audience of each language would understand the play though not the other languages --- no one else was interested and now I've long forgotten the truly comic situations that come from both 'not understanding each others foreign languages' as well as 'not understanding each other when one speaks the same language'.