• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Here here Jon Stewart. F those clowns

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Both DNC apologists immediately routed any and all scrutiny away from D’s...and uniquely on R’s.

As bloody usual.

This place is hard to take.
A bill was introduced in 2005 by Rep Maloney (D). It never got out of committee. The republicans were in control.
In 2006 Hillary Clinton got a supplement into a ports security bill to provide $1.9 billion for health care for victims of 911.
In 2009 Rep Maloney reintroduced the bill to provide care for first responders.
It was filibustered by Tom Coburn.
A year later they tried again. Again it was filibustered. The republicans then made a deal that if the Bush tax cuts were extended they'd break the filibuster. It passed in December 2010.

Feel free to find a democrat who blocked the bill.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
A bill was introduced in 2005 by Rep Maloney (D). It never got out of committee. The republicans were in control.
In 2006 Hillary Clinton got a supplement into a ports security bill to provide $1.9 billion for health care for victims of 911.
In 2009 Rep Maloney reintroduced the bill to provide care for first responders.
It was filibustered by Tom Coburn.
A year later they tried again. Again it was filibustered. The republicans then made a deal that if the Bush tax cuts were extended they'd break the filibuster. It passed in December 2010.

Feel free to find a democrat who blocked the bill.
Cool story. Anything regarding the current sense of urgency demonstrated (which is what the OP is about...and is what John Stewart was lamenting)?

All you guys do is DEFEND Democrats in all cases all the time, regardless of issue.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I spent a bit of...uhhh...quality time in the car today on a road trip. I had the chance to listen to his testimony and associated political hack responses. My two takeaways:
1) Stewart was genuine and mostly correct
2) Our politicians, irrespective of party, are clearly morons. And...by morons...I mean they suck to such a cosmic, intergalactic extent that I cannot find the words to accurately frame their character(s). And this...from a person who has been an engineer and technical writer throughout his career. Capturing and articulating accurate, specific detail is what I do.

...and I can’t get this done where our pols are concerned. :-(
You, accurate? Not f*cking near the truth. You are on ignore due to your incessant and baseless accusation that anyone here is paid to post. Back on ignore with ya.

Bugsy McGurk

President
House is busy on a witch hunt. They don't have time to do the work of the American people. Thanks !
Nonsense. The House passed some 140 bills that the Grim Reaper killed off in his “legislative graveyard.” The do-nothing chamber in Congress is the Senate when it comes to legislation.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
You, accurate? Not f*cking near the truth. You are on ignore due to your incessant and baseless accusation that anyone here is paid to post. Back on ignore with ya.
This response is a direct violation of forum rules. I wonder if lefty will have his post removed the way we non-lefties do.