• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Here here Jon Stewart. F those clowns

On a platform of what ? That govt should do absolutely nothing about the nation's problems and let the chips fall where they may ?
Pretty much a standard tea party platform...
I just think it's a little ridiculous to criticize someone for doing a job that Rick is either unwilling or incapable of doing.

Spamature

President
Pretty much a standard tea party platform...
I just think it's a little ridiculous to criticize someone for doing a job that Rick is either unwilling or incapable of doing.
The teabaggers didn't want a president. They wanted a magic wizard whose govt could make job appear, and solve the nation's problems without spending any money. There were actually polls where republicans said the govt should spend more money while also lowering the deficit.

Spamature

President
That would be my position, more or less..... what do you think my chances are?;)
I know. You libertarians want a country ruled by the strongest people. What you don't realize is the strength differential between the super rich and the rest of the population.

Spamature

President
How would that be worse than now?
You see it in the headlines. It's the major issue with the right, right now today.

People fleeing countries with weak do nothing govts that can't protect them from the strongmen in their lands piling up at our border.

Spamature

President
That just requires a tax increase in excess of the spending increase.
Oh yeah, and they wanted more spending and less govt debt "without raising taxes".

That's why I said they did not want a President to run the country.

They wanted a magical wizard to run America.

I guess they wanted President Dumbledore to use his wand to make money appear out of nowhere.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Yep. 5+ hours later. As I expected.
By cracky...the clock keeps ticking...and this lefty post with ZERO relevant content...discussing neither the OP nor what I wrote...and instead attacked a poster...REMAINS IN PLAY.

Not surprised in the least. And, since I don’t care, I won’t check back in on this. I chose this one data point to demonstrate what has become of forum diligence.

Have a swell day. :)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
It's a hard world; let the weak fall.
I’d just amend that a tad. The strong people should be free to help those who need it...without intermediary.

Lefty views the state as Christ...though he rejects Him. Just let people be free. That’s what the Almighty did. But lefty...not so much. See...lefty knows better...

freyasman

Senator
You see it in the headlines. It's the major issue with the right, right now today.

People fleeing countries with weak do nothing govts that can't protect them from the strongmen in their lands piling up at our border.
So if our government was small and left us to our own devices, then we wouldn't have 100, 000+ people swarming the border just to my SW every year? Is that what you're saying?

I'd be okay with that.

freyasman

Senator
I’d just amend that a tad. The strong people should be free to help those who need it...without intermediary.

Lefty views the state as Christ...though he rejects Him. Just let people be free. That’s what the Almighty did. But lefty...not so much. See...lefty knows better...
It's all projection; they don't trust folks to behave in a charitable fashion because they know they wouldn't, absent any outside control. Same thing with gun control, they know they can't be trusted not to assault, rob, or murder others and assume the rest of us are the same way.
(SMH)

EatTheRich

President
So if our government was small and left us to our own devices, then we wouldn't have 100, 000+ people swarming the border just to my SW every year? Is that what you're saying?

I'd be okay with that.
Yeah, you would have people fleeing. “Small government” just means no interference with gangs and warlords setting up their own local fiefdoms. Neo-feudalism by another name.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Yeah, you would have people fleeing. “Small government” just means no interference with gangs and warlords setting up their own local fiefdoms. Neo-feudalism by another name.
That’s all it means, huh?

Well...no point in discussing things when this is what constitutes “reason”.

EatTheRich

President
That’s all it means, huh?

Well...no point in discussing things when this is what constitutes “reason”.
Where is the “small government” party or movement that hasn’t either done this, or morphed into a “big government” dictatorship, in practice when given power?