• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Here is what Trump and all presidents should do when their is a potential pandemic

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Hate filled and shallow, wonder what the peanut gallery is going to do when all their efforts fail and Trump is elected for a second term.

The whining will shake the pillars of heaven for the next four years. Rivers of tears and venomous rhetoric.

Reactions: kaz

kaz

Small l libertarian
i was referring more to the general idea of 'side A says X, side b says X sucks'
OK. I guess if you're saying both sides are not perfect, then I find it pointless but I agree. If you're saying the sides are the same then I totally disagree. Hence my ebola question, a situation very much like this one

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
I don't remember Obama being attacked for ebola, you're going to have to refresh my memory
OH MY GOD!!! yOU GOTTA BE KIDDING!! PJ cons did it on a regular basis. I remember how pissed everyone was here in PJ that they were bringing some patients here to the US for treatment. I live in Omaha and like they brought patients here to the University of Nebraska Medical Center for treatment JUST LIKE THEY ARE THIS TIME.

kaz

Small l libertarian
OH MY GOD!!! yOU GOTTA BE KIDDING!! PJ cons did it on a regular basis. I remember how pissed everyone was here in PJ that they were bringing some patients here to the US for treatment. I live in Omaha and like they brought patients here to the University of Nebraska Medical Center for treatment JUST LIKE THEY ARE THIS TIME.
A leftist drone remembers it on a message board. I take that for what it's worth

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
When Ebola hit the left changed their views on what should be done when Obama came out and said no travel bans or quarantines. The right said the opposite.

Now with Coronavirus everyone is taking their teams side which is basically the opposite of what happened during the ebola outbreak.

Pure political partisanship which I will never understand.

The other day Trump was about to take to the microphone to talk about coronavirus. I told my wife, before Trump or any president takes to the microphone they should write down exactly what they are going to do about the virus and put it in a folder on the desk and have all of the opposite party in the meeting and say: I have what I am going to do right here on my desk. How much money I am going to spend and exactly how we are going to combat this virus but before I read this to the American people I want to know what you would do. Then have the opposite party say exactly what they would do and how much they would budget.

Then I would read whats in the folder. That way if the opposite party says exactly the same thing they can't go off and spin it or take the opposite side.

In fact I would do this with every single issue.

The second I heard the president was going to speak about coronavirus I knew that no matter what he said (and we had no idea what he was going to say) the opposite party would say he did it wrong.

PATHETIC.
Just yesterday one of the PJ cons wrote to me something about "WHEN EBOLA SWEPT ACROSS OUR GREAT NATION", etc. etc. Except that isn't true. It didn't "sweep across the USA". We had very few cases and most of them that were here were brought here from other countries...JUST LIKE THEY ARE DOING NOW. Last I read, only TWO people in the US died of Ebola....YET...the PJ cons and many others were on Obama like flies.

Do I feel sorry for Trump? Hell No!! Maybe we need to refresh our memories.

Trump is facing a coronavirus threat. Let’s look back at how he talked about Ebola.

What a difference five years and winning a presidential election makes.

In the summer and fall of 2014 — less than a year before he officially launched his presidential bid — Donald Trump posted about 100 mostly panicked tweets about the Ebola virus. Many of them attacked then-President Obama for his handling of the outbreak, and some of them went as far as to accuse the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) of lying about what was going on.

America is now confronting the possibility — or even likelihood — of a coronavirus outbreak within its borders. The novel virus and Covid-19, the disease it causes, could quickly become President Trump’s problem, and it’s instructive to look back at what had to say about Ebola and Obama’s response to it.

Spoiler alert: None of it is reassuring.

Trump used Ebola to make a bunch of reckless attacks against Democrats in the lead up to the 2014 midterms, then promptly dropped the whole thing

CONTINUED......

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Just yesterday one of the PJ cons wrote to me something about "WHEN EBOLA SWEPT ACROSS OUR GREAT NATION", etc. etc. Except that isn't true. It didn't "sweep across the USA". We had very few cases and most of them that were here were brought here from other countries...JUST LIKE THEY ARE DOING NOW. Last I read, only TWO people in the US died of Ebola....YET...the PJ cons and many others were on Obama like flies.

Trump is facing a coronavirus threat. Let’s look back at how he talked about Ebola.

In the summer and fall of 2014 — less than a year before he officially launched his presidential bid — Donald Trump posted about 100 mostly panicked tweets about the Ebola virus. Many of them attacked then-President Obama for his handling of the outbreak, and some of them went as far as to accuse the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) of lying about what was going on.

America is now confronting the possibility — or even likelihood — of a coronavirus outbreak within its borders. The novel virus and Covid-19, the disease it causes, could quickly become President Trump’s problem, and it’s instructive to look back at what had to say about Ebola and Obama’s response to it.

Trump used Ebola to make a bunch of reckless attacks against Democrats in the lead up to the 2014 midterms, then promptly dropped the whole thing

CONTINUED......
Here you go...some of the tweets THE DONALD....SUPERSTAR made.
Trump’s first tweet about Ebola came on July 31, 2014 — the day before a State Department flying ambulance brought two American health workers back to Emory University, home of the CDC, from Monrovia, where they had contracted the virus.

“Ebola patient will be brought to the U.S. in a few days - now I know for sure that our leaders are incompetent. KEEP THEM OUT OF HERE!” Trump wrote.

Ebola patient will be brought to the U.S. in a few days - now I know for sure that our leaders are incompetent. KEEP THEM OUT OF HERE!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 1, 2014
The next day, Trump demanded that the health workers not be brought back to the US — “Stop the EBOLA patients from entering the U.S. Treat them, at the highest level, over there. THE UNITED STATES HAS ENOUGH PROBLEMS!” he wrote — and followed that up by insisting that they “must suffer the consequences” for going to Africa in the first place.

The U.S. cannot allow EBOLA infected people back. People that go to far away places to help out are great-but must suffer the consequences!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 2, 2014
In the days that followed, Trump said the US government “must immediately stop all flights from EBOLA infected countries or the plague will start and spread inside our ‘borders,’” and started attacking the CDC, whose leadership at the time was calling for calm and arguing that closing the borders in the manner Trump suggested would only make things harder to manage.

Same CDC which is bringing Ebola to US misplaced samples of anthrax earlier this year http://t.co/aX7ihXdcMz Be careful.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 8, 2014
In September and October, Trump turned his fire to President Obama, calling him “dumb,” saying his refusal to stop flights from Africa was “almost like saying F-you to U.S. public,” and claiming in an Instagram video that “he should be ashamed.”
Trump even accused the CDC of intentionally spreading misinformation.

Ebola is much easier to transmit than the CDC and government representatives are admitting. Spreading all over Africa-and fast. Stop flights
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 2, 2014

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
MORE...

In comments that previewed the nativism of his presidential campaign, Trump attacked a Liberian man named Thomas Eric Duncan who traveled to the US with Ebola but only became symptomatic once he arrived. Trump suggested Duncan had sinister motives and called him to be prosecuted just four days before he died in a hospital.

This Ebola patient Thomas Duncan, who fraudulently entered the U.S. by signing false papers, is causing havoc. If he lives, prosecute!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 4, 2014
Beyond attacking Obama for not banning flights from Africa, Trump also blasted him for appointing Ron Klain to coordinate the government’s response to Ebola.

”It’s the wrong person,” Trump said during an October 2014 appearance in Iowa to stump for Rep. Steve King (R-IA). “Do we need more people? Do we need more bureaucracy?”

In late October, Trump went as far as to call for Obama’s resignation after Craig Spencer, a doctor who had treated Ebola patients in Guinea, became symptomatic in New York City and was diagnosed with the disease. Spencer promptly isolated himself and made a full recovery — but Trump wouldn’t let that get in the way of his narrative.

If this doctor, who so recklessly flew into New York from West Africa,has Ebola,then Obama should apologize to the American people & resign!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 23, 2014
By the end of the month, Trump had explicitly turned Ebola into a campaign issue.

John Foust is a liberal who supports ObamaCare and opposes Ebola travel ban. Send Conservative @BarbaraComstock to Congress!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 28, 2014
Even though Trump was a private gadfly at the time, all of this had an impact. His unhinged tweets were covered both by right-wing and mainstream media, and Trump pushed the same talking points during Fox News appearances. As Dr. Steven Hatch detailed for Mother Jones back in 2017, Republicans running for office that year ended up taking cues from Trump’s talking points:

Trump’s social-media outbursts were among the earliest shots fired in the political war over Ebola. The timing of the Ebola outbreak could not have been more propitious for Republicans, many of whom echoed Trump’s calls for a temporary travel ban. In the run-up to the 2014 midterm elections, the specter of a lethal African virus being spread through the United States by migrants stoked fears not only among the GOP base, but also among many voters who leaned Democratic. By October, two-thirds of respondents to a Washington Post/ABC News poll said they favored restricting travel from Ebola-affected countries.
But after the midterms came and went on November 4 — elections in which Republicans gained nine Senate seats and 13 House seats — Trump lost interest in the issue. He only posted two tweets about Ebola after the midterms, with his last one coming on November 10.

A single Ebola carrier infects 2 others at a minimum. STOP THE FLIGHTS! NO VISAS FROM EBOLA STRICKEN COUNTRIES!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 10, 2014
READ IT ALL HERE AT THIS LINK.....DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE VIDEO OF THE STAR OF THE APPRENTICE IN CASE YOU DOUBT IT WAS THE MESSIAH WHO MADE THESE REMARKS.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member

CONTINUED......
I kept reading your post thinking you were going to put what he said about Ebola.

I agree everyone is taking opposite sides on Coronavirus from what they took on Ebola when they are really the same thing.

Dems are saying the world is going to end. Repubs are acting like coronavirus is nothing. Opposite of Ebola.

Its just politics but its PATHETIC

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
truly.

pathetic.
TRULY PATHETIC.
I sure hope Obama doesn't make as big a deal out of Trump's actions as Trump did him in 2014. I also hope that Trump is honest with the American people, and stop pretending this isn't a big thing.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
I kept reading your post thinking you were going to put what he said about Ebola.

I agree everyone is taking opposite sides on Coronavirus from what they took on Ebola when they are really the same thing.

Dems are saying the world is going to end. Repubs are acting like coronavirus is nothing. Opposite of Ebola.

All his tweets that I wrote here were about EBOLA. What were you reading??

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
TRULY PATHETIC.
I sure hope Obama doesn't make as big a deal out of Trump's actions as Trump did him in 2014. I also hope that Trump is honest with the American people, and stop pretending this isn't a big thing.

i agree.

why are you talking about 2014?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member

I guess you missed my next two posts.....too many words for one post, but I did write "CONTINUED"...Or read this link and you'll get plenty of remarks Trump made about Ebola.

Fast Eddy

Mayor
Trump shutting off China from travel was the smart thing to do. The liberal open borders policies are just wrong.