• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Here we go....

freyasman

Senator
Shit has gotten bloody.... I feel like a guy with a 10 year AA chip who just fell off the wagon. But it's the best I've felt in years....

freyasman

Senator
Naw, being sedated takes the edge off. This world changes us, my man. I still know how to do it. Live and Let Die!!!

Last year, I was relaxing at a bar in Lafayette La, (oilfield/offshore guys and biker hangout) with a cigar and a cold Dos Equis and the cute little barmaid (why hire ugly ones when UL is right there?) came around asking for requests, because she was gonna feed the jukebox. I requested that song, or "Anything by the Ramones; you pick...." She looked at me and asked "Who?" o_O

I just got up and walked out.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Last year, I was relaxing at a bar in Lafayette La, (oilfield/offshore guys and biker hangout) with a cigar and a cold Dos Equis and the cute little barmaid (why hire ugly ones when UL is right there?) came around asking for requests, because she was gonna feed the jukebox. I requested that song, or "Anything by the Ramones; you pick...." She looked at me and asked "Who?" o_O

I just got up and walked out.
I used to be more of a musical snob. But once I learned how damn much music is out there and realized that no one could possibly have true encyclopedic knowledge regarding all contemporary music released, (on the order of 50,000 to 60,000 albums per year) over the past years, my snobbery lessened. Oh...I still dislike...which is really better expressed as do not appreciate...plenty of music. Just not a snob about it. It's a lifelong journey for those of us who appreciate the art form.

So...there I am spinning discs one night and the request line rings. Dude says..."Hey man, could you play some Deep Blue Banana?". I responded "Never heard of them and we don't have any in the studio". Dude goes, "What the hell kind of dj are you that you never heard of Deep Blue Banana? I thought you guys were the cool radio station". I ask the angry caller what he thinks of New Heavenly Blue. He says...."Who?" I say "Goodbye" and hang up the phone.

Now...I realize neither Deep Blue Banana, a band that does not appear to exist...and New Heavenly Blue, a Brubeck son (Chris) band that did exist...are The Ramones.

Last edited:

Wahbooz

Governor
Just a little different type of music, as Craig said there's all kinds of music. Kool and the Gang

KC and the Sunshine Band.

I ran a place, and every morning, as the sun came up, I'd play this one and sometimes the other one.Naw, not that video. Didn't like it.