• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Here's an absolute CLASSIC:

Barbella

Senator
The widow of the thug who executed a Jersey City cop over the weekend said Monday that her husband should have killed even more officers — as her neighbors set up a sickening memorial to her fame-seeking spouse.

He should’ve taken more [officers] with him,” Angelique Campbell said of husband Lawrence, who killed rookie Officer Melvin Santiago in an ambush early Sunday, before being killed by police.

Modal Trigger

Slain Jersey City Officer Melvin Santiago.Photo: Reuters

“Sorry for the officer’s family. That’s, you know, whatever. But, at the end of the day, [Lawrence] got a family, too. All they care about is the officer,” Campbell added in an interview with News 12 New Jersey.

Modal Trigger

A memorial for gunman Lawrence Campbell stunned and angered many in the community.

Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop called Angelique Campbell’s remarks “maniacal and crazy.”

“At first, I was angry, and the more I thought about it, I just feel more sad for her, that she lives her life in that sort of mental state,” he told The Post on Monday.

Campbell made her inflammatory statements at an impromptu local memorial to her husband, who was fatally shot after he killed Santiago, 23, outside a 24-hour Walgreens store.

Lawrence Campbell, 27 — who had been wanted for another murder last week — blew away Santiago after boasting to a witness, “Watch the TV news later, I’m going to be famous,’’ officials said.

Modal Trigger

Angelique Campbell later apologized for her words, saying she was “very angry.”

Neighbors set up a sidewalk shrine to the fiend, piling empty booze bottles and candles directly under a “no gathering” sign.

The site also featured two T-shirts bearing handwritten messages including, “REAL N—-Z DONT DIE,” “Forever a ‘G’ ” and “SEE U ON THE OTHER SIDE.”

The display infuriated Santiago’s stepfather, Alex McBride.

Modal Trigger

Lawrence Campbell

“They have T-shirts up for him; they have balloons, like they’re glorying him in the neighborhood,” he railed.

“He was a baby. My baby,” said the stepdad, who raised the slain hero from age 9.

Just recently, he’d asked the young cop if he feared dying on the street. “Well,” the officer replied, “at least if something happened to me, being a cop, at least I go for a good cause.”

What kind of society do we live in where memorializing a violent murderer is acceptable?” said police-union leaders Officer Carmine Disbrow and Sgt. Robert Kearns in a joint statement,

Campbell later tried to take back some of her words, saying, “I do apologize. I was very angry.”

But she also kept up her criticism of the cops, complaining, “They called an ambulance for the officer — why didn’t they call an ambulance for Lawrence?”

http://nypost.com/2014/07/14/cop-killers-widow-rages-he-shouldve-taken-more/

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
The widow of the thug who executed a Jersey City cop over the weekend said Monday that her husband should have killed even more officers — as her neighbors set up a sickening memorial to her fame-seeking spouse.

He should’ve taken more [officers] with him,” Angelique Campbell said of husband Lawrence, who killed rookie Officer Melvin Santiago in an ambush early Sunday, before being killed by police.

Modal Trigger

“Sorry for the officer’s family. That’s, you know, whatever. But, at the end of the day, [Lawrence] got a family, too. All they care about is the officer,” Campbell added in an interview with News 12 New Jersey.

Modal Trigger

A memorial for gunman Lawrence Campbell stunned and angered many in the community.

Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop called Angelique Campbell’s remarks “maniacal and crazy.”

“At first, I was angry, and the more I thought about it, I just feel more sad for her, that she lives her life in that sort of mental state,” he told The Post on Monday.

Campbell made her inflammatory statements at an impromptu local memorial to her husband, who was fatally shot after he killed Santiago, 23, outside a 24-hour Walgreens store.

Lawrence Campbell, 27 — who had been wanted for another murder last week — blew away Santiago after boasting to a witness, “Watch the TV news later, I’m going to be famous,’’ officials said.

Modal Trigger

Neighbors set up a sidewalk shrine to the fiend, piling empty booze bottles and candles directly under a “no gathering” sign.

The site also featured two T-shirts bearing handwritten messages including, “REAL N—-Z DONT DIE,” “Forever a ‘G’ ” and “SEE U ON THE OTHER SIDE.”

Modal Trigger

Lawrence Campbell

“They have T-shirts up for him; they have balloons, like they’re glorying him in the neighborhood,” he railed.

“He was a baby. My baby,” said the stepdad, who raised the slain hero from age 9.

Just recently, he’d asked the young cop if he feared dying on the street. “Well,” the officer replied, “at least if something happened to me, being a cop, at least I go for a good cause.”

What kind of society do we live in where memorializing a violent murderer is acceptable?” said police-union leaders Officer Carmine Disbrow and Sgt. Robert Kearns in a joint statement,

Campbell later tried to take back some of her words, saying, “I do apologize. I was very angry.”

But she also kept up her criticism of the cops, complaining, “They called an ambulance for the officer — why didn’t they call an ambulance for Lawrence?”

Disgusting. That's all I can say.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member

Modal Trigger

Modal Trigger

Modal Trigger

Modal Trigger

Lawrence Campbell

It is a classic of the race-baiting meme complete with pictures.

Anyway, she did apologize and explained she'd been very angry, and I believe her.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
It is a classic of the race-baiting meme complete with pictures.

Anyway, she did apologize and explained she'd been very angry, and I believe her.
Strange these Right Wing Tea Party types Howl at some crazed cop killer in New Jersey...Then praise some piece of shit like Clive Bundy who openly threatens law enforcement...Go figure

connieb

Senator

Modal Trigger

Modal Trigger

Modal Trigger

Modal Trigger

Lawrence Campbell

Criminal or not, the POS was her husband... and well.. I don't think any of us would be in our right minds or feeling particularly charitable towards a group of people who we saw at that moment as the cause of our loved one's death. I am willing to chalk that rant up to grief.

I find the memorial and the nature of the items at the memorial more disturbing, to be honest.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
Criminal or not, the POS was her husband... and well.. I don't think any of us would be in our right minds or feeling particularly charitable towards a group of people who we saw at that moment as the cause of our loved one's death. I am willing to chalk that rant up to grief.

I find the memorial and the nature of the items at the memorial more disturbing, to be honest.
I agree, and she apologized afterward.

Works for me.

Barbella

Senator

What I find disturbing is the whole mindset, connie... making heroes out of criminals and murderers. I could have accepted the widow's outpouring of her grief if she'd said something like "he was innocent, they only shot him because he's black, even 'I hate cops'"... but to wish he'd shot more of them? I don't know... he wasn't an innocent little boy, he was a career criminal who'd been in and out of jail before, and was wanted for a prior murder.

Love does NOT transcend EVERYTHING, in my book.

Barbella

Senator
Careful putting words in people's mouths because I remember you don't like it when it happens to you.
I'm asking you a question. I'm not putting anything in your mouth.

Do you think it would be less disgusting if it was said by a white woman? Yes? No?

Simple answer, really. No need to flail about.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
Strange these Right Wing Tea Party types Howl at some crazed cop killer in New Jersey...Then praise some piece of shit like Clive Bundy who openly threatens law enforcement...Go figure
To be honest, they aren't howling at some crazed cop killer, they are howling at the cop killer's wife advocating the killing of law enforcement officers. Why they let Bundy off the hook escapes me.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
To be honest, they aren't howling at some crazed cop killer, they are howling at the cop killer's wife advocating the killing of law enforcement officers. Why they let Bundy off the hook escapes me.
Bundy and his gang of thugs (2 of whom murdered 2 Las Vegas Police Officers) were praised for weeks on Fox....Made into heroes by the Republican politicians....I see a double standard here

if angelique campbell has children, the department of child protective services should be asked to assess her fitness as a mother, and take appropriate action.

she seems like the person most likely to raise another generation of career criminals.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
Bundy and his gang of thugs (2 of whom murdered 2 Las Vegas Police Officers) were praised for weeks on Fox....Made into heroes by the Republican politicians....I see a double standard here
Since Constitutional Sheepdog isn't around, I doubt anyone currently here supports Bundy any more. We could always ask them:

Do any of you wingers still support Cliven Bundy?

connieb

Senator
What I find disturbing is the whole mindset, connie... making heroes out of criminals and murderers. I could have accepted the widow's outpouring of her grief if she'd said something like "he was innocent, they only shot him because he's black, even 'I hate cops'"... but to wish he'd shot more of them? I don't know... he wasn't an innocent little boy, he was a career criminal who'd been in and out of jail before, and was wanted for a prior murder.

Love does NOT transcend EVERYTHING, in my book.
I don't know, Barb I think when we are in the throes of grief crazy things come out. I am sure that she is not the first one to hear of her loved one in combat or something and think - why didn't he kill more of the enemy?

And, she does see the cops as the enemy. That is clear. But, I agree the mindset that the cops are the enemy - is a real problem. The idea of memorializing a criminal is very disturbing.

Boltlady

Mayor
I don't know, Barb I think when we are in the throes of grief crazy things come out. I am sure that she is not the first one to hear of her loved one in combat or something and think - why didn't he kill more of the enemy?

And, she does see the cops as the enemy. That is clear. But, I agree the mindset that the cops are the enemy - is a real problem. The idea of memorializing a criminal is very disturbing.
The thing that everybody tends to forget in a situation like this is that there is usually more facets to a person than the one that made him notorious.

Many years ago I was sharing an apartment with another gal, and her boyfriend stayed with us for a while. He had several years of college under his belt, was really very pleasant, and he and I had gotten into a number of interesting conversations covering a wide range of things. He seemed like a really sweet guy.

Well I was absolutely shocked when he turned out to be one of the killers in a murder for hire scheme just a couple of days after they broke up. It was a brutal killing of a teen-age girl. I had never seen that side of him.

Although I would not have defended him in any way or built a memorial to him, I can see where a loved one might have. I agree with you that grief over her loss could have made the woman in the article lash out.

Barbella

Senator

And that's what they're teaching THEIR children. And so it goes, on and on...