• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Hi. Im SouthernBoy

WOW

You guys sure do take this place serious.

I use to post to make people on both sides laugh and was often surprised at the responses.

I refuse to give people and posters the authority to piss me off.

SB
Was good to see you MLB
Lol we weren't talking about this place but another place which was holding one of us to ransom ---- all sorted now, she is freeeeeee !

Minotaur

Governor
WOW

I use to post to make people on both sides laugh and was often surprised at the responses.

SB
Was good to see you MLB
Good to see you too luv. So glad to know you are still around and yes you made me LMAO all the time. I think we have a similar dry humor but you are on a higher level. Haha. Take care my friend. Hugs to you...
;)

Barbella

Senator
WOW

SB
Was good to see you MLB
No, we don't. We don't take THIS place serious at all.

And you can still make me laugh.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the most comprehensive list I have. I know there were a lot more.
1-2-Oscar
Adam
Amber
andKathleen
antiox
antithesis
appolonious
Archaeopteryx2
Arkady
Artemesia
august
Auros-4
Perkybabette
-badkitty-
BaldTony
baltimore-aureole
BD
BeingFrank
BenK
Betty_the_Crow
BillyBudd
Birkebeiner
biteoftheweek
Bob_W
Breaker
Breathe
Bruce
butterscotch
CaptainRon
Catnapping
cats-n-jammer
CDouglas
certainly
Chad-B
chango
Chantay
Charter
ChasHeath
Chris__3
ciinic
classic55
ClaudeScales
Col-BullKurtz
Cotton248
DallasNE
daveto
DawnCoyote
Daysman
Degsme
democilies
Demosthenes2
Denny
diogene
Diogenes_Bob
Don
dont_jones_for_nothi
doodaman
dowager
DragonTat2
drandy
DrNo
drudown
Dubina
Ducadmo
Ele_
Eljem
--Ellen-
Ender
Engram
EnsleyHill
Eris-92
ewolf
Ex_fed
fatman
fatpat
FormerGlory
Fritz_Gerlich
Game_Warden
Gary1
GaryWModerate
Gemini
Geoff
Ghost
GimmeCoffee
Gingham_Dog
GodofWine
GratuitousPython
gthomkins
Hauteur
Hawk
HawkEye
historyguy
HLS2003
hollowman
Inwit-ness
IOZ
Isonomist
IWonder
Jack_Baltimore
JackDallas
JackD
Jacksoniandale
jamidwyer
JanZ_
JCormac
Joe_JP
Joe-8
JudasGoat
Julie
justoffal
JV-12
kdr2004
Keifus
Kevin
kwoods55
kyu
Larkins
Larry
lem
locdog
Lord_Wakefield
Loree
LT or seaquirt
lucabrasi
Madai
Mark55/Leroy55
MarkEHaag
martingreene
MaryAnne
MaryAnn
marylb
Meletus
Miami_Oracle
Michael-999
MichaelRyerson
modicum
Montfort
mrachmuth-2
MsZilla
MT
Neocon
NickD
NicolaeCarpathia
not_abel
O_Hellenbach
ohthehumanity
oldroman
Omnibus1reader
Pace
PacificBlue
Patlowa67
Persephone
PhilfromCalifornia
Publius
PubliusToo
Quirinus
raprap
RedStateImpressions
rdymx
revrick
richardnoggin
RMLReturns
RMolineaux
rob_said_that
Robes
RoyJaruk-18
rundeep
RWJones
RyckNelson
Sarvis
Sashal
Schadenfeude
Schmutz_
Scott_Too
Sissyfuss
Skeptical
Slipstream
Southerngal
Sovereign
Splendid_IREny
stillcouldcareless
switters
Qui Tam
tarheel_hawk
tarheelchief
Ted_Burke
Tempo
TenaciousK
The_Bell
The_Slasher-14
TheAdvocate
TheMaxFischerPlayers
TheQuietMan
TheSavant
TheSongofPynchon
Thrasymachus
TomFitz
Topazz
Traveler4
tundra-yeti
twifferTheGnu
WATCHAMAYCALLIT
Watt4Bob
WhiteRabbit
Woolley
WVMicko
yastfort
yggy
zarquiekia
Zeus-Boy
Zinya
OMG! There are some posters on that list I haven't thought about in years. Made me think of some others that used to post on Today's Papers,Chatter Box,Blorple Falls etc. Good times.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Jack do you remember the name of the great poster on BOF whose posts deteriorated over time before he passed. It still breaks my heart and it is made even worse somehow that I can't remember his name. He was so wonderful.
There was one named ROW-EOM or something like that who posted about his illness as it progressed. His daughter posted news of his death using his Fray nic/account.

Mighta been REW-OEM. It was something like that.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I remember there was a poster who was sick. I think they were going blind...

Sometimes they posted clearly, other times...not at all.

Paul Bunyan was a good one, but I think he died.

Whatever happened to adav11? She was great.

Kaysa
Sweet limes
Cutie Pie
Rawks/Bru
General Timmy
I-Man
Snaphook
Horndog
Shelia
Stewie

So many....I wonder where they are now?
I was in email contact with Spanky/Hunter for a few years and talked to The Whizzer on the phone s few times and exchanged a few snail mails with him. That was years ago though.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Was the one who got sick that you remember in the BOF?

Paul Bunyan was a really experienced and interesting man who travelled extensively perhaps related to infrastructure or the oil industry. He was a good guy. If he passed that is a real loss as well.

Adav11 did have a website where she posted her experiences as a new expat to London from NY. She sailed the Queen Mary with her dog for that move. I adored her. I think she just got more involved in her new environment but I think of her as well.

Shelia as you know is m'girl. We are tied by a real life issue with her son's leukemia. She was my hero over that. Little man is now grown and graduated from high school. We last emailed each other a couple years ago to celebrate something. May be time to get ahold of her again.
Tell Shelia that BD says hello. She was one of my favorite right-leaners.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
OMG! There are some posters on that list I haven't thought about in years. Made me think of some others that used to post on Today's Papers,Chatter Box,Blorple Falls etc. Good times.
I know, I sometimes look at it and wonder where those folks are now and what they are doing, hoping they are still alive and doing well.
It was a strange, alternate universe. Good friends we never met but felt like we had. It was a phenomenon of the internet age, I suppose.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
There was one named ROW-EOM or something like that who posted about his illness as it progressed. His daughter posted news of his death using his Fray nic/account.

I do remember REW-OEM quite well; he was a prolific poster but I don't think he was the one Min was talking about, who got sick and died.
The only one that comes to my mind that fits that description was Meletus, but she said he was not the one. He was a Left leaning poster but a good guy (sorry for the qualifier, should have said AND a good guy) who was sick for quite some time and posted about it and eventually passed away. I can't remember how we found out he had died.

Minotaur

Governor

BD I think that is his name or something like that. That loss killed me. It just broke my heart because initially when his posts deteriorated I thought he may have been having non-medical issues and by the time I realized he was really sick it was too late. I really liked him a lot. It just hurt.

Last edited:

Minotaur

Governor
Anyone remember Smarmy and Ziggy? Smarmy created a character who kidnaped "Charles" in an old Colt vehicle and held him for ransom in the trunk. That whole series of posts was hysterical.

Ziggy created a zoo using posters names and adding fake scientific species with descriptions like "Repeating Rapitus Repeaters" for a poster who often repeated. The zoo was probably the best post I ever read in Slate for pure clever humor.

D

Deleted member 21794

Abortions go up when people are poor. Abortions go up when women cannot see how they can manage to raise a child. Abortions go up when couples are ignorant about birth control. Abortions go up without effective and available birth control. Abortions go up when couples get pregnant at an early age. Abortions go up when pro-lifers control womens reproductive choices. If you want abortions to go down, support womens right to choose and contraceptive coverage or just send a check to Planned Parenthood. But pro-lifers really don't care about abortions do they? They just bleat on and on like a broken record. I have news for all pro-lifers. Abortion is legal, it will never become illegal again. Never. Get used to it and start supporting policies that lower abortion rates.
Agreed. And thus, the bleating about Republicans having Roe V Wade overturned every four years are nonsense, yes?

WOW

SB
Was good to see you MLB
You see, this is why SB and I got along for all these years. At the end of the day, all of us frequent these boards as a form of masturbation. In public. Enjoy it folks or split, it's your orgasm.

MaryAnne

Governor
You see, this is why SB and I got along for all these years. At the end of the day, all of us frequent these boards as a form of masturbation. In public. Enjoy it folks or split, it's your orgasm.
Southern Boy has the right attitude. Take things as a joke and laugh them off. I think that is why so many of us consider most old friends.

This thread shows how glad we all are to see each other.old arguments are long forgotten.

Jen

Senator
Southern Boy has the right attitude. Take things as a joke and laugh them off. I think that is why so many of us consider most old friends.

This thread shows how glad we all are to see each other.old arguments are long forgotten.
That's fine and dandy until the personal attacks begin. At that point it's hard to be glad to see anyone. You have attacked me personally enough times, @MaryAnne, that I have learned to be wary of you. I have returned your attacks, but I will never initiate them.

Jen

Senator
No board has EVER been that for me. Not for an instant. I assume you are speaking for yourself, @Woolleybugger. Don't assume it applies to all. It doesn't.

I have no quarrel with SB. I encourage everyone to just be who they are at all times. Interestingly enough, he exemplifies how Trump Talk is sometimes accepted .........and sometimes not..........depending on who is doing it.