• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Hope, Change, and the Economic Tsunami of 2008-2009

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Lukey,

Warren Buffet is a billionaire who thinks he should pay his fair share of taxes and that the extra tax will not have a negative impact on his participation in the economic system. I am a successful entrepreneur who got his start in the era of Clinton capitalism and watched the disasters of Bush capitalism and views Obama capitalism as a return to Clinton capitalism. The reason that I think that I think this is because I think that supply-siders know a lot less about job creators and job creation than they seem to think that they know.

Because those are the only ones who produce real increases in the wealth of the nation? And perhaps "flawless" is a bit too grandiose a term. I like "less-flawed" better as it appears to me that (as with Degsme's posts) the left requires intricate and complex notions to make their ideology work, whereas all the capitalists need is greed and the government to get out of the way (KISS). The more onerous the overhead to support your ideology, the more likely that it is complete crap...

Lukey

Senator
I suspect that what you are worried about a runaway deficit. That is why Clinton was a "supply sider." But as I think that you pointed out, mainstream Keynesism was not for a perpeturally growing deficit. Clinton was absolutely a Keynesian (as opposed to a supply-sider) in that respect. Obama was handed the Bush economy with a massive deficit and the ruins of a financial crash. As the UK has demonstrated over the past year, cutting government and implementing austerity has not helped economic growth.

Lukey,

Warren Buffet is a billionaire who thinks he should pay his fair share of taxes and that the extra tax will not have a negative impact on his participation in the economic system. I am a successful entrepreneur who got his start in the era of Clinton capitalism and watched the disasters of Bush capitalism and views Obama capitalism as a return to Clinton capitalism. The reason that I think that I think this is because I think that supply-siders know a lot less about job creators and job creation than they seem to think that they know.
Again, spending = taxes (current + deferred). So Clinton capitalism WAS supply side economics. Obamunism is most certainly NOT a "return to Clinton style capitalism." And I think you know a lot less about the economics of job creation than you seem to think you know. How good of an "entrepreneur" would you have been if you hadn't had scads of research money thrown at you by the federal government? That may be entrepreneurism but it sure ain't capitalism...

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Lukey,

I never said that. I just said that the Republicans are playing politics just as much as the Democrats. Republicans and Democrats also have different long-term policy approaches as well. So neither the Republicans or Democrats are ONLY playing politics and both Republicans and Democrats ARE playing politics to some extent. Admit it Lukey, you are always on the side of the "theoretical" job creators. I am a job creator and, as a practical matter, I think that your theories are not that well-supported by the evidence of my own experience.

Oh, no - never! As IRP tells us the policy process is devoid of any such insider dealings. I'm sure it has never come up in their conversations...