• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How can you debunk a post point by point using the dumbass quote feature as it exists?

llovejim

Current Champion
why be so petty about using the quote feature, instead of plainly quoting what the poster said, then debunking that right wing shit, then moving on to the next dumbass thing they posted, quoting them exactly, then debunking it, and so on? how does that change anything...why do you care? how petty are you? i know i have seen replies where the poster says that the previous poster said this or this, but that is wrong, it is really this or this...how is that different? what is so freaking special about the quote feature that you demand people use it instead of just quoting them exactly point by point when they make several dumbass points in the same post?

why be so nitpicky and prissy? do you get a commission every time somebody uses the quote feature? i like it, if the poster only makes one point....but if he makes a bunch, i like to dissect them one by one and make sure everyone sees how each point he made is so full of crap.

llovejim

Current Champion
Okay, never mind...I see now, if you use the quote feature, it shows up as an alert, and lets the other poster know you replied to his post. i guess that makes sense. never mind. sure does make it harder to debunk each point made, if several are made in the same post..maybe I can just use the quote feature point by point? is that allowable?

Nostra

Governor
All you need is facts on your side an the ability to click on "reply".

Unfortunately for you, you have never had facts on your side and the whole clicking thing seems beyond your cognitive skills.

D

Deleted member 21794

why be so petty about using the quote feature, instead of plainly quoting what the poster said, then debunking that right wing shit, then moving on to the next dumbass thing they posted, quoting them exactly, then debunking it, and so on? how does that change anything...why do you care? how petty are you? i know i have seen replies where the poster says that the previous poster said this or this, but that is wrong, it is really this or this...how is that different? what is so freaking special about the quote feature that you demand people use it instead of just quoting them exactly point by point when they make several dumbass points in the same post?

why be so nitpicky and prissy? do you get a commission every time somebody uses the quote feature? i like it, if the poster only makes one point....but if he makes a bunch, i like to dissect them one by one and make sure everyone sees how each point he made is so full of crap.
You're the only one who seems to struggle with the quote feature.

Jen

Senator
Okay, never mind...I see now, if you use the quote feature, it shows up as an alert, and lets the other poster know you replied to his post. i guess that makes sense. never mind. sure does make it harder to debunk each point made, if several are made in the same post..maybe I can just use the quote feature point by point? is that allowable?
No, Edited.
Here is how you do that step by step.
1. Using the reply feature.
2. you put this [/ quote] but with no spaces at the end of the first part you want to reply to. Then you say what you want to say.
3. put this (again with no spaces) [quote ] at the beginning of the next part and the [/ quote] at the end of the part you want to talk about then you write what you want to say.

Repeat that for as many parts as there are. [quote ] at the beginning of what you are quoting and [ / quote] at the end of it. Make sure that what you yourself are writing is after the one with the / .

It has nothing to do with being petty or wanting any sort of alerts. It has to do with making your posts so they are able to be read by other posters.

Don't push the "quote" button unless you want to quote several different posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jen

Senator
Example of how it should look if you use the quote thing I showed you correctly:

why be so petty about using the quote feature, instead of plainly quoting what the poster said, then debunking that right wing shit, then moving on to the next dumbass thing they posted, quoting them exactly, then debunking it, and so on? how does that change anything...why do you care?
It is not about being petty. The way you post is impossible to read.
how petty are you?
I am not petty at all.
i know i have seen replies where the poster says that the previous poster said this or this, but that is wrong, it is really this or this...how is that different? what is so freaking special about the quote feature that you demand people use it instead of just quoting them exactly point by point when they make several dumbass points in the same post?
Edited

Edited

Last edited by a moderator:

llovejim

Current Champion
Example of how it should look if you use the quote thing I showed you correctly:

It is not about being petty. The way you post is impossible to read. I am not petty at all. Edited

Edited
good job. why didn't i think of that!!

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
you still get it wrong most of the time, and mangle the point you are trying to make. Learn to use it correctly, consistently, then bitch like a little girl about why.