• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How did she manage to shoot him like this?

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
I am sorry the instructor is dead. I feel for all who knew him.

I feel for the 9 year old girl who will have to live with this the rest of her life.

Now, who do I blame?

The parents, AND the instructor themselves. A 9 year old child is simple not physically strong enough to handle an Uzi on full auto. Single shots are easy. The recoil on full auto pushes the front end of the weapon up and left, exactly where the instructors head was. The parents should have known better, and so should the unfortunately deceased instructor.

Also, as this has happened before, it was completely avoidable. An 8 yrear old boy shot himself in the head with an Uzi on full auto at a gun show, also under adult supervision.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27399337/ns/us_news-life/t/boy-accidentally-kills-self-gun-show/

I firmly believe children, when old enough, should be well versed in how to properly and safely use weapons, and how to properly and safely care for them. Sadly, both the parents and the instructor failed this young girl, and themselves.

Zoar

Governor
If you knew anything about guns, recoil, automatic action, the recoil of automatic action you would not ask.

The reason it happened is the hyper veneration combined with the intense fear of the Right Wing. The parents felt the need to have their daughter learn to shoot an automatic weapon because they wanted her to be able to kill other people with this automatic rifle out of a deep fear base. This is combined with their intense and overzealous veneration for guns, especially guns who's purpose is to kill people first and foremost.

Jen

Senator
There is nothing wrong with teaching a child to shoot a gun. But it seems like automatic guns like this uzi should wait until the child is past ( maybe well past) the age of 8 or 9.

Common sense should dictate that.

Zoar

Governor
There is nothing wrong with teaching a child to shoot a gun. But it seems like automatic guns like this uzi should wait until the child is past ( maybe well past) the age of 8 or 9.

Common sense should dictate that.
But Righties want to prove Obama can't tell them what to do so they bring their kids to ranges to shoot automatic weapons!!! Of course it has nothing to do with Obama but Righties are so hate and fear driven they see it as something they must do: have their kids shoot automatic!!! The fault is totally on the shoulders of fear and hate driven Righties!

Zoar

Governor
No one has brought up the fact this instructor is NRA expert and expertly trained in NRA methods... So safe, eh???!!

Not!

Zoar

Governor
NRA Gun Safety Instructor gets his head blown off by machine gun.

THAT should be the headline. But the media is Right Wing so they will not say what is the truth here!

Jen

Senator
No one has brought up the fact this instructor is NRA expert and expertly trained in NRA methods... So safe, eh???!!

Not!
I am not a gun person.
I have never shot more than a water gun or nerf gun.

But you'd think an NRA expert would know how to stay alive.

Zoar

Governor
I am not a gun person.

Just goes to show you the fallacy of NRA safety!

It's bullshit!

10 rounds a second! 10 recoils a second!!! An idiot would give a kid that! An NRA idiot! This range is marketed as a place to shoot automatic weapons! That is their primary purpose! Defy Obama and Democrats and shoot machine guns! This is your chance!

Idiot NRA Right Wing Tards!

Jen

Senator
Just goes to show you the fallacy of NRA safety!

It's bullshit!

10 rounds a second! 10 recoils a second!!! An idiot would give a kid that! An NRA idiot! This range is marketed as a place to shoot automatic weapons! That is their primary purpose! Defy Obama and Democrats and shoot machine guns! This is your chance!

Idiot NRA Right Wing Tards!
There are idiots in every group.
Let's start with whoever's idea it was to put that kind of gun into the hands of a child.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
I am not a gun person.

Several of the adult leaders in my BSA troop are NRA certified range masters (that's how we get to have a weekend outing each year for shooting, with a scout owned rifle range to ourselves). They pretty much echoed my comments above.

Zoar

Governor
There are idiots in every group.
Let's start with whoever's idea it was to put that kind of gun into the hands of a child.
That gun range markets itself as the place to come shoot automatic weapons! 10 rounds a second!

So everyone touching that place is culpable!

Jen

Senator

I feel for the 9 year old girl who will have to live with this the rest of her life.

Now, who do I blame?

The parents, AND the instructor themselves. A 9 year old child is simple not physically strong enough to handle an Uzi on full auto. Single shots are easy. The recoil on full auto pushes the front end of the weapon up and left, exactly where the instructors head was. The parents should have known better, and so should the unfortunately deceased instructor.

Also, as this has happened before, it was completely avoidable. An 8 yrear old boy shot himself in the head with an Uzi on full auto at a gun show, also under adult supervision.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27399337/ns/us_news-life/t/boy-accidentally-kills-self-gun-show/

I firmly believe children, when old enough, should be well versed in how to properly and safely use weapons, and how to properly and safely care for them. Sadly, both the parents and the instructor failed this young girl, and themselves.
Your post here explains it well, Marcus. Thanks.

Arkady

President

Now, who do I blame?

I'd treat guns like cars, when it comes to kids. Under age 15 or so, kids can be taught the basics with BB guns or paintball guns, the way they would drive go-carts or play with toy cars. Then, once older, they could start with real guns, but with restrictions, similar to with cars. You don't let a 15-year-old start training with an 18-wheeler and shouldn't let him train with a fully automatic weapon. Only once acquiring experience and some period of safe history, with less demanding firearms, should a person be introduced to automatics.

Arkady

President
I have posted the video -above - and I asked the question - How could the story work as it is told - Have you watched the video?
Doesn't seem hard to picture for me. I've fired automatics a couple time, and the force with which they "pull" is always a surprise. Since the barrel is above your hand, the recoil forces the weapon to rotate with the barrel up, and away from your palm (left for a righty). A child could easily get shot in the head, if it came out of his hand and spun, or could shoot an instructor if it spun left and up.