• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How disgusting is this picture?

How disgusting is this picture?

• 2. Barely disgusting.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Fairly disgusting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BobbyT

Governor
Just a critter of nature doing what critters of nature do. We share this planet with a plethora of critters. It would be pretty gross to see someone eating it, but likely you eat a lot of things that flies or other creatures have landed on, and you don't even know it. Ever put packet ketchup on your fries (or something similar)? What do you think has been on that packet that your fingers touched before picking up a fry to eat it?

Klunker

Council Member
You are probably more at risk eating the meat than from anything the insect would bring. Of course, that depends on the environment. Flies have a very short life cycle. If you live near open sewers, back yards with dog excrement, etc. the fly could contaminate the meat.
OTOH, the meat could have been just as contaminated by your own hands, temperatures in the room, someone in the room sneezing...
Growing up on the farm, we ate lots of food that we would shoo the flies off of. So, just seeing a fly on a piece of meat doesn't come anywhere close to grossing me out.....

Klunker

Council Member
Only a liberal would think that wasnt a waste of meat!
I believe most would be surprised just how much "meat" there is in that slice. Take out the preservatives, water, and other additives and you might have a tablespoon sized piece of actual meat left. Many of the packages will say "Meat Product"... not "Meat". The list of ingredients will often talk about "Meat by-products".

Oh, don't worry. I eat my share of hot dogs, sausages, brats... and lunchmeat. Not the most healthy, but I can't stand salads and fresh veggies!!!!! :>)