• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How much of a hit did your paycheck take?

Mine took a 45 dollar hit. I can cover it by bringing lunch to the office but subway, chick fil a, Panda Express, schlotskys, James Coney Island etc.are gonna lose about a thousand bucks of business this year

jammer

Mayor
I am back to paying the same taxes as I did before president Obama gave me a tax break for two years, not pleasant but worth it if it helps pay the bills and keep our country running.

Jen

Senator
Yes, it will lessen our spending in other places. We hoped the holiday would prevail until the economy got better, it didn't........ and that's okay....... but it will have an effect on how and where we spend. How could it not? Multiply that by 80% of the people in this countrylosing up to several hundred dollars a month. Retailers and food places are going to feel the pain.

What in the world did they ever do before the SS tax holdiay?

And besides, I thought all you conservatives were all about the free market? Sounds like you're lobbying for some government intervention here.

Jen

Senator
What lupe said, Cerulean, is that this "holiday" ending affects disposable income. Usually, the wise thing to do during a down economy is to allow people to have as much disposable income as possible to feed money back into the economy and help it out. Most people will do fine with that money gone, but their outings (to lunch, as lupe said) and other spending will be curtailed.

That said, I don't put blame on Obama for the holiday being ended. The Republicans asked for some income to replace the outgo.....and that holiday provided at least a little income. So the Republicans get the blame if there is any issued out. It is being mentioned by Republicans because President Obama promised no increased taxes but he failed to mention the FICA holiday that would expire. Many Americans don't pay much attention to what is going on and when their paycheck gets smaller, Obama will be blamed. But really, that's not Obama's problem since he isn't running for election in 2016.

What in the world did they ever do before the SS tax holdiay?

And besides, I thought all you conservatives were all about the free market? Sounds like you're lobbying for some government intervention here.

What lupe said, Cerulean, is that this "holiday" ending affects disposable income. Usually, the wise thing to do during a down economy is to allow people to have as much disposable income as possible to feed money back into the economy and help it out. Most people will do fine with that money gone, but their outings (to lunch, as lupe said) and other spending will be curtailed.

That said, I don't put blame on Obama for the holiday being ended. The Republicans asked for some income to replace the outgo.....and that holiday provided at least a little income. So the Republicans get the blame if there is any issued out. It is being mentioned by Republicans because President Obama promised no increased taxes but he failed to mention the FICA holiday that would expire. Many Americans don't pay much attention to what is going on and when their paycheck gets smaller, Obama will be blamed. But really, that's not Obama's problem since he isn't running for election in 2016.
Jen the problem is my personal inflation rate due to rising insurance groceries and fuel etc has eaten up 100 percent of any additional income the holiday yielded

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
The hit on a minimum wage earner is probably much lower than that of a real working American. So you got off easy.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I am back to paying the same taxes as I did before president Obama gave me a tax break for two years, not pleasant but worth it if it helps pay the bills and keep our country running.
It won't; it will go to some more of his cronies and supporters so they can play at being businessmen. Then a good bit of it will go back into his campaign coffers.

Jen

Senator
You are absolutely right, lupe. I just got back from the grocery store and prices on everything are up. Gasoline prices are not at their all-time high, but they are still higher than they were 4 years ago. So that extra money that we got in the holiday was definitely soaked up by higher prices. Taking it away (whatever the reason) is going to dampen the economy noticeably.

Jen the problem is my personal inflation rate due to rising insurance groceries and fuel etc has eaten up 100 percent of any additional income the holiday yielded

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
You are absolutely right, lupe. I just got back from the grocery store and prices on everything are up. Gasoline prices are not at their all-time high, but they are still higher than they were 4 years ago. So that extra money that we got in the holiday was definitely soaked up by higher prices. Taking it away (whatever the reason) is going to dampen the economy noticeably.
The alleged "SS tax holiday" symbolizes and clearly reveals everything that encompasses both the Obama Regime and the man himself. It is smoke and mirrors, sleight of hand, total bullshit, full of sound and fury signifying nothing.
This country has fallen into the clutches of a reprobate mind who has no interest in serving the American people.

amfh

Council Member
It won't; it will go to some more of his cronies and supporters so they can play at being businessmen. Then a good bit of it will go back into his campaign coffers.
Excuse me but once again you expose your ignorance.
This affected SS only.
Frankly, I understood the desire to stimulate spending but the rate needs to return to previous levels to continue funding SS.

jammer

Mayor
So which is it Jen, JD, and Lupey, you want free markets or government control of prices? You righties speak out of both sides of your mouths and can't seem to make up your minds what you want. No wonder you lost in November.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Excuse me but once again you expose your ignorance.
This affected SS only.
Frankly, I understood the desire to stimulate spending but the rate needs to return to previous levels to continue funding SS.
No, but you expose yours. Barack Obama has made a career of scratching dumbasses where they do not itch. Lowering the SS rate and giving the money back to the mushroom (Liberal low-information voter) hardly does a moron a favor. The money would have been better spent going into his SS account. And yet you seem to have piddled in your pants from joy over getting some of your own money back.

It doesn't embarrass you to demonstrate such ignorance?

Jen

Senator
I would just like for the playing field to quit changing.

So which is it Jen, JD, and Lupey, you want free markets or government control of prices? You righties speak out of both sides of your mouths and can't seem to make up your minds what you want. No wonder you lost in November.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
$71. Sounds like your doctors are gonna lose a few bucks and your health insurance company is gonna save a few bucks. :)