• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How Small of a Minority could Win the Electoral College?

Colorforms

Senator
Look at it this way.

Suppose a community with 7 streets wanted to build a community swimming pool and they decided to vote on the location.

3 of those street had normal houses with 20 houses on each street.

Also there are 4 streets that have one big mansion of each of them.

So the rules are set up that each entire street's vote counts as one vote.

Should those 4 household combined be able to out vote the 60 other households combined ?
If their area is going to possibly saddled with the swimming pool, they should have a say in it. Conversely, do you think it's fair that the rest of the neighborhood should ignore the wishes of that street? How easy it would be to push their will on it thinking that that street has the room and money to take on the burden.

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to have for lunch.” - Franklin

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Look at it this way.

Suppose a community with 7 streets wanted to build a community swimming pool and they decided to vote on the location.

3 of those street had normal houses with 20 houses on each street.

Also there are 4 streets that have one big mansion of each of them.

So the rules are set up that each entire street's vote counts as one vote.

Should those 4 household combined be able to out vote the 60 other households combined ?
How about each state gets one vote...you win and you get one? 26 to win!

Otherwise here we go with California and New York Should decide.

Colorforms

Senator
And the states that contributed to a larger vote for Clinton didn't get a voice....

Face it...you prefer to have a way to avoid facing the problem that the republicans have a tough time winning the popular vote.
Look at the electoral votes of the states you're referring to and then try to pass of that "states that contributed to a larger vote for Clinton didn't get a voice" BS again. :)

Spamature

President
If their area is going to possibly saddled with the swimming pool, they should have a say in it. Conversely, do you think it's fair that the rest of the neighborhood should ignore the wishes of that street? How easy it would be to push their will on it thinking that that street has the room and money to take on the burden.

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to have for lunch.” - Franklin
So if the mansion street decides that the rest of the community should have to march up the hill the mansions sit on in order to enjoy the pool ? Then they should just get used to that idea, because their voices don't matter ?

And you think that's okay ?

Spamature

President
Who should you bet on? At least I have a chance of winning.
You have ONE Trump and FOUR other candidates. If the election is like that I guess you would have the best chance of winning.

But it is only going to be a one on one contest. So there will only be a choice of Trump or who ever the Dems ultimately pick.

That is a entirely different situation.

Colorforms

Senator
So if the mansion street decides that the rest of the community should have to march up the hill the mansions sit on in order to enjoy the pool ? Then they should just get used to that idea, because their voices don't matter ?

And you think that's okay ?
I'm saying every street should have a voice. I know that's not cool with you, but it's only fair that if there is a decision that directly affects them, they should have a say.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
You have ONE Trump and FOUR other candidates. If the election is like that I guess you would have the best chance of winning.

But it is only going to be a one on one contest. So there will only be a choice of Trump or who ever the Dems ultimately pick.

That is a entirely different situation.
So you are chickenbleep to say who you put your money on because it's Trump.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
How about each state gets one vote...you win and you get one? 26 to win!

Otherwise here we go with California and New York Should decide.
If 100% of the voters in California and New York voted for the D and everybody else voted for the R, who would win?

Colorforms

Senator
Clearly the majority of voters were ignored.
not ignored, again, and any 5 year old can get this so I have little hope for you, but the voters chose the position of their states. It's many state wide elections, then the states commit their electors.

It's probably only the 100th time I've explained this. Too bad fascists are so resistant to fact.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
not ignored, again, and any 5 year old can get this so I have little hope for you, but the voters chose the position of their states. It's many state wide elections, then the states commit their electors.

It's probably only the 100th time I've explained this. Too bad fascists are so resistant to fact.
Yes, as if 100% of the voters wanted one candidate. How does that make sense to you?