• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How to defeat minimum wage woes...

"Just stay at home, and stare at a wall or fox news for your entire life, don't step foot outside, there is a risk you may be hit by lightning or a Mexican may rape you. Don't take risks, stay on the beaten path, so I know you never surpass my sad sad life." -Republican parents

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
"Just stay at home, and stare at a wall or fox news for your entire life, don't step foot outside, there is a risk you may be hit by lightning or a Mexican may rape you. Don't take risks, stay on the beaten path, so I know you never surpass my sad sad life." -Republican parents
nice. you ought to plop that in the hate thread i got going. you're good at it..

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Boy do you hate Republicans. It's sad to see such bitterness in individuals, especially around Christmas time. This is supposed to be a holiday of joy. Edited

Last edited by a moderator:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Being a graphic designer is a risk. Everything in life is a risk. Guiding children away from risk makes people bad parents.
Majoring in graphic design is not guranteed failure.

Republicans hate college, Republicans can't win over the college educated. They denigrate the college educated in an attempt to steer young people into staying ignorant so they continue to vote Republican. The only way Republicans can succeed is for Americans to remain stupid.
So why did I and my kids go to college if we hate education and my daughter got a full ride for her PHD after getting her Masters...……..appears you got left out of doing well for yourself, why?

I'll match my success against yours any time...…………………...dig

So why did I and my kids go to college if we hate education and my daughter got a full ride for her PHD after getting her Masters...……..appears you got left out of doing well for yourself, why?
Yes, when the rubber meets the road is often times where the Republican idealogy stumbles. They want their own kids to go to college, and not trade school because they want their own kids to be successful. But other peoples kids are better off at trade school, because their vote is more valuable than their success.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yes, when the rubber meets the road is often times where the Republican idealogy stumbles. They want their own kids to go to college, and not trade school because they want their own kids to be successful. But other peoples kids are better off at trade school, because their vote is more valuable than their success.
ONE went to college, two went to Trade School...……...why do you make so much schiff up it makes you appear broken.

As a 8 year old kid I drove the tractor for 10 cent and hour while those picking up bales of hay were paid 25 cent an hour, I primed tobacco for 50 cent an hour later and at 15 was a curb-hop making a dollar a day and all I could eat...…..at 18 was in the Army making $89 dollars a month...……..at 30 was making $100+ an hour...….at 50 was working 70+ hours a week and making more money than I could spend...….I have a BS in Marketing & Retailing...…...I shipped almost 80,000 bushels of wheat, 160,000 bushels of corn and 140,000 bushels of soybeans this year......2019...…….what have you done in 2019________? (other than post in PJ)

Last edited:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
They don't disappear just because someone else has to do them. Those jobs still have to be done. So in the end the it is just passing on the problem of surviving on at that wage to someone else because the states and federal govt are allowing the wage to remain below the level of subsistence in this country.
Hmmm. Nope. It is because it is a minimum wage job. It is not intended for subsistence level wages. They are jobs that person's move on from...through betterment, advancement, etc.

Spamature

President
Hmmm. Nope. It is because it is a minimum wage job. It is not intended for subsistence level wages. They are jobs that person's move on from...through betterment, advancement, etc.
No. The jobs are intended to solve a problem the employer faces. Seeing how surfaces aren't self cleaning and or do items used by that most businesses clean and maintain themselves, nor are floors or toilets self cleaning.

Can you tell me with a straight face that you would choose on business over another without taking into regard the sight or safety of a place where those jobs were not done.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
No. The jobs are intended to solve a problem the employer faces. Seeing how surfaces aren't self cleaning and or do items used by that most businesses clean and maintain themselves, nor are floors or toilets self cleaning.

Can you tell me with a straight face that you would choose on business over another without taking into regard the sight or safety of a place where those jobs were not done.

Huh. Aaaaand....you're off on a tangent.

Didn't suggest that in any way.

Try again?

Spamature

President
Huh. Aaaaand....you're off on a tangent.

Didn't suggest that in any way.

Try again?
Then what did you mean by saying these jobs were not intended to be subsistence wages levels when the jobs themselves are persistently needed for the entire life of the business ? They are jobs that will always have to be done regardless of who has to do them and the organization depends on them to stay in step or ahead of competitors in the same field.
So where exactly did I go off on a tangent ? Because this is at the heart of what I posted.

Are you saying there is an intention to have people work for less than it takes to live ?
If so, then that decision was made by federal and state govt to allow it.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Then what did you mean by saying these jobs were not intended to be subsistence wages levels when the jobs themselves are persistently needed for the entire life of the business ? They are jobs that will always have to be done regardless of who has to do them.

Are you saying there is an intention to have people work for less than it takes to live ?

If so, then that decision was made by federal and state govt to allow it.

So where exactly did I go off on a tangent ? Because this is at the heart of what I posted.
Not every job pays subsistence level wages

Spamature

President
And the govt that allows a wage that is below subsistence. You won't blame employers for it. Even though they are the ones who lobbied the govt to keep it at that level. Instead you blame employees for being willing to do the jobs that have to be done regardless.

That's not right.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
And the govt that allows a wage that is below subsistence. You won't blame employers for it. Even though they are the ones who lobbied the govt to keep it at that level. Instead you blame employees for being willing to do the jobs that have to be done regardless.

That's not right.
I didn't blame anyone. I said some positions arent intended to be subsistence waged

Try again

Spamature

President
I didn't blame anyone. I said some positions arent intended to be subsistence waged

Try again
Are trying to say that the job was created to be a position that was below subsistence wage, rather than to fill an employers need ? Because that makes no sense.

The minimum wage WAS created to make sure that people would receive a better than subsistence wage. Yet you believe it shouldn't even be what it was intended to be.

No business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country. By living wages I mean more than a bare subsistence level—I mean the wages of a decent living.
Franklin Roosevelt (urging passage of minimum wage legislation)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Are trying to say that the job was created to be a position that was below subsistence wage, rather than to fill an employers need ? Because that makes no sense.

The minimum wage WAS created to make sure that people would receive a better than subsistence wage. Yet you believe it shouldn't even be what it was intended to be.

No business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country. By living wages I mean more than a bare subsistence level—I mean the wages of a decent living.
Franklin Roosevelt (urging passage of minimum wage legislation)

Huh. No. I didn't say that.

Having not said anything of the kind...how do you know it is what I believe.??

I believe entry level positions are to be advanced from...not lived in

Try again