• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How to defeat minimum wage woes...

Spamature

President
Huh. No. I didn't say that.

Having not said anything of the kind...how do you know it is what I believe.??

I believe entry level positions are to be advanced from...not lived in

Try again
Okay. Do you believe that a person in an entry level job should be paid a at least a subsistence wage ?

I say this because I remember a thread when you advocated for a Republican state plan where a person would be forced to take a job that paid less than welfare. While at the same time advocating that the employer shouldn't forced to pay at least as much as welfare would to the employee.

reason10

Governor
what about when every skill is replaced by robots?
Are robots going to become accountants? Are they going to become engineers? Doctors? Auto mechanics? (Yes, there has been a lot of robot technology in car making, but Gee, Batman, Trump has certainly brought back a lot of automobile making jobs that pay very well.) Working in the oil industry? Plumbing? (I know a plumber that drives a late model Porsche). Air conditioning repair in Florida? (You wanna talk some RICH folks!)

Losers worry about skills that can be replaced by robots. If your job can be replaced by a robot, you deserve to lose that job to a robot.

reason10

Governor
Okay. Do you believe that a person in an entry level job should be paid a at least a subsistence wage ?

An employer should have total say on what labor is worth. There is no such thing as a subsistence wage. There is no way to define it. Pay people what they are worth. If they don't like the low pay, let them get better skills and find something else to do.

I say this because I remember a thread when you advocated for a Republican state plan where a person would be forced to take a job that paid less than welfare. While at the same time advocating that the employer shouldn't forced to pay at least as much as welfare would to the employee.

One should have absolutely nothing to do with the other. In this greatest economy of all time, where food stamp usage is at a historic low, we have more winners than losers. There are more jobs that pay a lot. There is no excuse for the lowly paid burger flipper who never learns any more skills.

reason10

Governor
Debt is a tool. As long as the returns exceed the costs then their isn't any logical reason to avoid using debt as a tool. The fear of debt is mostly based in emotion and psychology instead of numbers.
In economics, there is such a thing as the loanable funds market. Companies make money by lending money.

reason10

Governor
Can you get a degree in underwater basket-weaving or are you just citing a meme?
Yes, we have fun with these idiotic degrees that cost so much. Ben Shapiro's favorite waste of money is Lesbian Dance Theory. Six figures in debt and not even a Burger King will hire you.

In the real world, there are some useless degrees. Sociology will barely get you a burger flipping job. Transgender studies? Yeah, I know a lot of engineering institutes just looking to hire someone with that degree.

Political science? Maybe that student loan can be covered, but the grad will have to be banging a politician as an intern.

reason10

Governor
How is anyone capable of knowing the job market will be like 4 years in the future?
We DO have some idea of the job market for the next four years in America. President Trump WILL be reelected and job growth will continue, particularly in manufacturing.

Forget looking at Trump as some ivory tower William F. Buckley conservative. If anything, Trump is more like a goon union boss, who will likely break your legs with a pipe if you don't hire a bunch of people at a certain high wage.

Regular conservatives have made wonderful promises for the past 30 years. Those wonderful promises get them invited to lecture on cruise ships. Meanwhile, Trump decides to start fighting back on the trade war front, adjusts US tax policy to make building in America attractive and we have more good jobs than we have people to work them.

Trump's sons once referred to him as the blue collar billionaire. He's acting more like a unionized blue dog Democrat thug, who is going to get the good jobs by hook or by crook.

For the next four years, look for a great job market. After that, I can't make any promises. I can't trust EITHER party not to fck things up.

reason10

Governor
Republicans hate college, Republicans can't win over the college educated.

A really stupid remark. Republicans are the most educated Americans alive today.

They denigrate the college educated in an attempt to steer young people into staying ignorant so they continue to vote Republican. The only way Republicans can succeed is for Americans to remain stupid.

Actually, the Democrat party is the one looking for the stupid vote, whether it is the welfare cheats or non English speaking illegal aliens. Only IDIOTS vote Democrat.

The most intelligent Americans of all time voted for Trump. Only a IDIOT will vote for a Biden, or a Warren or a Buttplug.

We DO have some idea of the job market for the next four years in America. President Trump WILL be reelected and job growth will continue, particularly in manufacturing.
Nobody's economic forecasts that far out are worth a damn.
Forget looking at Trump as some ivory tower William F. Buckley conservative. If anything, Trump is more like a goon union boss, who will likely break your legs with a pipe if you don't hire a bunch of people at a certain high wage.
He is more like Kim Jong Un. He puts on cheap publicity stunts that the right-wing propaganda machine eats up with asking any questions. Then behind the cheap facade there is actually nothing. See: Foxconn. Trump is all about vacuous publicity stunts that have no substance behind them.

Yes, we have fun with these idiotic degrees that cost so much. Ben Shapiro's favorite waste of money is Lesbian Dance Theory. Six figures in debt and not even a Burger King will hire you.

In the real world, there are some useless degrees. Sociology will barely get you a burger flipping job. Transgender studies? Yeah, I know a lot of engineering institutes just looking to hire someone with that degree.

Political science? Maybe that student loan can be covered, but the grad will have to be banging a politician as an intern.
The value of an education is not entirely tangible.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Low-skilled jobs are far more likely to be replaced by automation, as gas station attendants and elevator operators were. Self-checkout at retail establishments, for example.

Doctors, lawyers, engineers, programmers.....not-so-much.
What if they're not smart enough to learn a skill, a trade? WWJD?

Zam-Zam

Senator
What if they're not smart enough to learn a skill, a trade? WWJD?

Most people are a lot smarter than you might give them credit for. People, given a chance, adapt to their circumstance.

Of course, if someone comes along and tells those people "You're not smart enough", some will fall for that lie. Better to encourage people to be the best they can be, no?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Most people are a lot smarter than you might give them credit for. People, given a chance, adapt to their circumstance.

Of course, if someone comes along and tells those people "You're not smart enough", some will fall for that lie. Better to encourage people to be the best they can be, no?
You just posted: Low-skilled jobs are far more likely to be replaced by automation.

WWJD about those who don't have the ability to learn a skill, a trade? I know what Trump and Republicans would do.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

Yes.

Zam-Zam

Senator
You just posted: Low-skilled jobs are far more likely to be replaced by automation.

WWJD about those who don't have the ability to learn a skill, a trade? I know what Trump and Republicans would do.
What I posted is true -Many of those jobs are being replaced by automation everyday. It's been going on that way for a long, long time.

Do you pump your own gas? Ever use a self-checkout? When was the last time you needed an elevator operator to get you to your floor?

I've never met a person who does not "have the ability". Technology will continue to replace mundane and tedious chores whether there's a Republican or a Democrat in charge; Anyone other than a Luddite.. Would you argue otherwise?

However, some of those skilled jobs did come back:

Barbella

Senator
Being a graphic designer is a risk. Everything in life is a risk. Guiding children away from risk makes people bad parents.
Majoring in graphic design is not guranteed failure.

Republicans hate college, Republicans can't win over the college educated. They denigrate the college educated in an attempt to steer young people into staying ignorant so they continue to vote Republican. The only way Republicans can succeed is for Americans to remain stupid.
Aaaaahhhh... I see. That’s why I send money to ERAU every month...

Because I hate college. Who knew?

Barbella

Senator
Yes, when the rubber meets the road is often times where the Republican idealogy stumbles. They want their own kids to go to college, and not trade school because they want their own kids to be successful. But other peoples kids are better off at trade school, because their vote is more valuable than their success.
Not everyone is college material. Many kids LIKE to be hands-on, and would rather do an apprenticeship where they can earn while they learn.

Plumbers, pipe fitters, electricians etc make damn good money, and there’s always that option of opening up your own shop.

I know MANY people with plenty of money in the bank, who did just that. All you gotta do is be willing to actually WORK.