• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How to undo what's been done...

RickWA

Snagglesooth
This is purely opinion...i just grabbed a close enough link.. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/12/opinion/polarization-politics-democrats-republicans.html

I caught a snippet on the radio today....from what i gathered I was catching the tail end of a dialogue that basically can be summarized thusly:

How can a presidential candidate, or any candidate for an office for that matter, heal the divides in this country, when all we speak, see, hear, view in media, etc... drives an ever widening polarity.

We are fed, incessantly...hate. We are mired in distrust. Our children are taught from the poles of a position.

How?
Where there is no humility and self-reflection, there can be no decency. This is at the center of the matter.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
nothing but impugning and indecency....all ahead full
All day every day. Everyone - highbrow, lowbrow, unibrow, no brow - everyone is Trumpian now. They all lie constantly. They invent from whole cloth. They scream and rage. They insult. And they are all send, no receive.

You opened with a question about how to undo or reconcile all this mess. It simply cannot happen. Folks won't even acknowledge that they are doing what they are doing. It is prototypical adolescence.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
All day every day. Everyone - highbrow, lowbrow, unibrow, no brow - everyone is Trumpian now. They all lie constantly. They invent from whole cloth. They scream and rage. They insult. And they are all send, no receive.

You opened with a question about how to undo or reconcile all this mess. It simply cannot happen. Folks won't even acknowledge that they are doing what they are doing. It is prototypical adolescence.

zero sum game.. scorched earth is the norm.

it's seemingly all across the top.. trump, pelosi, schiff, pence, harris, etc etc...

dirty, the lot of them... corrupted by power...

ugh.
ugly stuff..
and I only get to vote on 2 of them... Trump and Pence. So I will do my part and vote them out(if they make it that far).

RickWA

Snagglesooth
it's seemingly all across the top.. trump, pelosi, schiff, pence, harris, etc etc...

dirty, the lot of them... corrupted by power...

ugh.
ugly stuff..
Nothing "stems from the top" here. Character is revealed. That is all. The piggish Trump merely uncovered what was there all along - and what will remain there. Make no mistake. Snakes aren't fluffy kittens under different circumstances.