• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How we know that Trump’s intent in Ukrainegate was criminal

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
It was a question, what do you find unethical about it?
That he just happened to get a job paying 10's of thousands of dollars per month on the board of directors at a Ukrainian energy company at the same time his dad (the vice president) just happened to be working on foreign policy with Ukraine.

Hunter had no experience in the energy business.

That he just happened to get a job paying 10's of thousands of dollars per month on the board of directors at a Ukrainian energy company at the same time his dad (the vice president) just happened to be working on foreign policy with Ukraine.

Hunter had no experience in the energy business.
Since when are coincidences unethical?

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Calling a coincidence "shady" without any evidence that something shady actually happened is what we call a conspiracy theory.
Spin it however you need to in order to justify your candidate for president. I understand.

FakeName

Governor
A president can't ask a foreign country to look into corruption? Since when?
We are not talking about a president asking a foreign gov to look into general corruption. We are talking about a president asking a foreign gov. for help investigating a political rival.

You said it yourself:

I guess he is lucky a political favor was not granted.
To which I said:

Irrelevant.

Asking is a crime.
;

Which is true. Asking for said favor was a crime.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
We are not talking about a president asking a foreign gov to look into general corruption. We are talking about a president asking a foreign gov. for help investigating a political rival.

You said it yourself:

To which I said:

;

Which is true. Asking for said favor was a crime.
Hunter Biden isn't a political rival.

FakeName

Governor
Hunter Biden isn't a political rival.
The Trump admin. made it perfectly clear that the Ukrainian president must announce PUBLICALLY that he was investigating Biden's son.

That proves the political nature of it. The point of announcing PUBLCALLY that Biden's son was being investigated for corruption was to hurt Biden in the election.

Clearly.

FakeName

Governor
Asking "find out what happened" is a crime? On what planet?
In the USA according to US law.

https://campaignlegal.org/update/yes-president-trump-violated-campaign-finance-law-asking-ukraine-favor

In addition:

It’s a felony to order federal government workers to further a partisan political campaign
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/10/29/president-trump-may-have-violated-criminal-provisions-hatch-act/?outputType=amp

Trump did that by having state Dept. and other government employees working on this.

D

Deleted member 21794

In the USA according to US law.

https://campaignlegal.org/update/yes-president-trump-violated-campaign-finance-law-asking-ukraine-favor

In addition:

It’s a felony to order federal government workers to further a partisan political campaign
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/10/29/president-trump-may-have-violated-criminal-provisions-hatch-act/?outputType=amp

Trump did that by having state Dept. and other government employees working on this.
Using your logic, a president can be impeached for any reason any time he does something good or right because it will further his partisan political campaign.

AND using your logic, Trump could do what he did if his reelection campaign hadn't started.

Nice try.

Oh and furthermore, what if Ukraine found out Biden did nothing wrong? Would that help Trump?

FakeName

Governor
Using your logic, a president can be impeached for any reason any time he does something good or right because it will further his partisan political campaign.

AND using your logic, Trump could do what he did if his reelection campaign hadn't started.

Nice try.
My logic does not say that at all.

Nice Try.

You clearly didn't read the two citations I provided.

Suggestion:

Do that first and THEN get back to me.