• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How we know that Trump’s intent in Ukrainegate was criminal

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
You consider it “nothing” when the president you foisted upon the country extorts a vulnerable foreign nation into boosting his election campaign. Sane patriots disagree.
I didn't vote for Trump. I don't support Trump. Unlike you, my only agenda here is to defend the truth.

reason10

Governor
One of the talking points of Trump and his GOP enablers is claiming that he was just seeking to combat corruption when he demanded that the Ukraine publicly announce investigations of the Bidens and the 2016 election crimes. Put aside how laughable it is to claim that Trump is really concerned with corruption anywhere in the world. Pretend that corruption bothers him and consider the following.

Trump wasn’t just “asking for investigations.” What he really did, both directly and through his co-conspirators like Giuliani and Sondland, was demand that the Ukraine president publicly announce those investigations. They even wrote out the “announcement script” and directed how it would be delivered - by the Ukraine president himself on CNN.

Announcing such investigations is the last thing one would do if actually interested in ferreting out corruption. Such investigations would be kept quiet so as not to tip off wrongdoers. But again, Trump and his toadies were not really interested in investigations - they demanded a carefully scripted public announcement of investigations.

There is only one possible reason for demanding that public announcement - to tar Joe Biden and give the Trump/GOP machine a concocted basis to argue that there was some doubt about the Kremlin’s role in the 2016 election crimes - that there was some basis to the Trump conspiracy theory to the effect that “The Kremlin didn’t do it; Ukraine did.”

In other words, it’s clear beyond reasonable doubt that Trump’s shakedown was in no way really related to pursuing legitimate aims of the United States. The sole reason for the shakedown was utilizing another nation - a rather desperate nation seeking to hold off Russia’s territorial advances - to announce an investigation to boost Trump’s 2020 election prospects. And knowing it’s criminal, Trump has compounded his culpability by directing his toadies to defy congressional subpoenas.

That is all obviously criminal on numerous levels. The only real question left is whether Trump’s congressional co-conspirators can throw up clouds of dust seeking to obscure the relevant questions and conceal what actually occurred from as many Americans as possible.

Here we go.
The only Ukrainegate is this.

Bugsy McGurk

President
If it's not propaganda to claim Trump committed "extortion," then where is the "extortion" impeachment article???
Are you just pretending to be that dopey? They haven’t even voted on articles of impeachment yet and you’re asking where the extortion article is.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Are you just pretending to be that dopey? They haven’t even voted on articles of impeachment yet and you’re asking where the extortion article is.
If it's not propaganda (i.e. bullshit), the article would already be filed...

reason10

Governor
In Trumplandia, fighting corruption is worse than engaging in corruption.
Trump's phone call to the Ukraine President was all about fighting corruption. So far it's ALL on your Edited side of the aisle. And President Trump has engaged in NO corruption whatsoever.

(Just in case you try to bring up "grab 'em by the pussy" that was said in private long before The Donald announced he was running for president.)

Last edited by a moderator:

FakeName

Governor
If it's not propaganda to claim Trump committed "extortion," then where is the "extortion" impeachment article???
What do you mean where is it?

Don't you know how this works?

The articles of impeachment aren't written yet. None of them.

They will be written and voted on at the end of this inquiry, not at the beginning or in the middle of it.

Not sure why I keep having to explain the process to you people.

You really ought to brush up.....maybe take an American civics course.

D

Deleted member 21794

Well uhhhh.... there are just so many crimes..... blubber blubber.... it's going to take some time.... rant rant.... to go through the mountains of evidence..... blah blah blah.... and finally bring Trump to justice.... rave rave.

These people are NUTS.

Bugsy McGurk

President
You seem to have a problem with the House for proceeding in an orderly fashion per House rules and collecting the evidence before voting on the articles. Your support for your lawless Dear Leader Trump is so extreme that you can’t comprehend an absence of lawlessness.

FakeName

Governor
The articles of impeachment are written then voted on at the end of the impeachment inquiry, not at the beginning or in the middle!

Amazing that so many of you are so clueless about the basic process.