• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I’m going to part ways with Israel on this one . . .

Alright – I totally get it. 3 israeli teenagers, hitchhiking alone at night (where were their parents?) were picked up by jihadists and killed in cold blood. And then a Palestinian teen was burned to death in revenge.

Cue the “unguided palestinian rocket attacks” . . . 100 or more a day. Now the Israeli bombing runs and artillery shells.

Today’s developments: Israel says it will INTENSIFY the bombing until Hamas agrees to a cease fire. And is preparing a ground invasion.

First of all, I hate ground invasions. What exactly is the objective? House to house searches by gun toting IDF forces looking for . . . who? And firing back whenever they come under sniper fire? Yeah - when has that ever worked anywhere?

My advice to Israel is to take a deep breath, and declare a 24 hour unilateral halt to your artillery and bombing. If that doesn’t improve things, you always have more bombs and artillery shells, and you can claim a good faith effort.

And my advice to other nations:

· Germany – rein in your neo nazis marching around with bullhorns and anti semitic “beast” banners

· Britain – stop coddling those ungrateful islamic welfare recipients in your country who are trying to convince the world that the BBC is shilling for Israel

· Turkey – you can just shut the eff up completely, with your crappy record at handling internal dissent

· USA – instead of having Kerry lament that he was for the bombing before he was against it, why not announce that we’re cutting off aid to both Palestine and Israel, since they apparently have money to burn in keeping this conflict going? I don't want my tax dollars buying weapons for either of these parties.

Guthrie

Mayor
Alright – I totally get it. 3 israeli teenagers, hitchhiking alone at night (where were their parents?) were picked up by jihadists and killed in cold blood. And then a Palestinian teen was burned to death in revenge.

Cue the “unguided palestinian rocket attacks” . . . 100 or more a day. Now the Israeli bombing runs and artillery shells.

Today’s developments: Israel says it will INTENSIFY the bombing until Hamas agrees to a cease fire. And is preparing a ground invasion.

First of all, I hate ground invasions. What exactly is the objective? House to house searches by gun toting IDF forces looking for . . . who? And firing back whenever they come under sniper fire? Yeah - when has that ever worked anywhere?

My advice to Israel is to take a deep breath, and declare a 24 hour unilateral halt to your artillery and bombing. If that doesn’t improve things, you always have more bombs and artillery shells, and you can claim a good faith effort.

· Germany – rein in your neo nazis marching around with bullhorns and anti semitic “beast” banners

· Britain – stop coddling those ungrateful islamic welfare recipients in your country who are trying to convince the world that the BBC is shilling for Israel

· Turkey – you can just shut the eff up completely, with your crappy record at handling internal dissent

· USA – instead of having Kerry lament that he was for the bombing before he was against it, why not announce that we’re cutting off aid to both Palestine and Israel, since they apparently have money to burn in keeping this conflict going? I don't want my tax dollars buying weapons for either of these parties.
Great Post:

However, one correction:
"Alright – I totally get it. 3 israeli teenagers, hitchhiking alone at night (where were their parents?) were picked up by jihadists and killed in cold blood. And then a Palestinian teen was burned to death in revenge."

Actually this began when two Palestinian children were shot on live TV by Israeli soldiers and killed. That was prior to the kidnappings.

Further Kidnappings do not justify the collective punishment of a whole population. Just like, Palestinians aren't justified to respond the aforementioned two children shot dead by bombing all of Israel.

Great Post:

However, one correction:
"Alright – I totally get it. 3 israeli teenagers, hitchhiking alone at night (where were their parents?) were picked up by jihadists and killed in cold blood. And then a Palestinian teen was burned to death in revenge."

Actually this began when two Palestinian children were shot on live TV by Israeli soldiers and killed. That was prior to the kidnappings.

Further Kidnappings do not justify the collective punishment of a whole population. Just like, Palestinians aren't justified to respond the aforementioned two children shot dead by bombing all of Israel.
i'm in complete agreement on the kidnappings. i believe the IDF overreacted with the huge, 2 week long effort to find the kidnapper/killers. not that they should have made an effort - just that nearly a dozen people were killed before they got the right guys.

israel obviously doesn't feel strong enough to ignore the occasional provocation, and focus on the big picture. in that regard they are starting to resemble the palestinians, who will use any excuse for atrocities.

Guthrie

Mayor
i'm in complete agreement on the kidnappings. i believe the IDF overreacted with the huge, 2 week long effort to find the kidnapper/killers. not that they should have made an effort - just that nearly a dozen people were killed before they got the right guys.

israel obviously doesn't feel strong enough to ignore the occasional provocation, and focus on the big picture. in that regard they are starting to resemble the palestinians, who will use any excuse for atrocities.
But you do realize that Israel shot two Palestinian children on TV before the horrible kidnappings?

Days

Commentator
But you do realize that Israel shot two Palestinian children on TV before the horrible kidnappings?
... or that the reason the Hamas refused the cease fire was they want their borders opened again. As in, they are under siege by Israel and Egypt. The west is totally ignorant of what is happening over there. These asshats read the papers and believe that crap. According to our media, Palestinians are ingrates who bite the hand that feeds them, by firing rockets at school children. In reality, Israel has invaded their lands, shut them off from the outside world, and is slowly exterminating them. Hamas rockets have been aimed at military installations while Israeli bombs are falling on Palestinian homes. The more you learn about what is happening there, the more you realize how badly we are Lied to.

Last edited:

MrMike

Bless you all
I went out and looked myself and found this. Hmmm. Interesting. I can't say what happened from it with any certainty. Wonder where the shooters were at and how convenient that it all was held in front of a security camera? :)

RELATED: Fatal shootings stir rage in Palestine

"There are still question marks around this incident and there is an ongoing investigation," said Lieutenant-Colonel Peter Lerner, an Israeli military spokesman. "In parallel, a military police investigation has also been opened," he said.

No uniformed Israeli troops can be seen in the video footage and there is no audio.

The initial video shows a youth preparing to hurl a stone from the end of a street. Seven minutes later, according to a time stamp on the film, a young man is seen falling over, felled by apparent gunfire, as he walks down the street.

A group of bystanders are then seen to duck at the same moment. And an hour later, a second youth collapses to the ground as he walks away from the area.

MrMike

Bless you all
What's a "seize fire"?

English much???

... or that the reason the Hamas refused the seize fire was they want their borders opened again. As in, they are under siege by Israel and Egypt. The west is totally ignorant of what is happening over there. These asshats read the papers and believe that crap. According to our media, Palestinians are ingrates who bite the hand that feeds them, by firing rockets at school children. In reality, Israel has invaded their lands, shut them off from the outside world, and is slowly exterminating them. Hamas rockets have been aimed at military installations while Israeli bombs are falling on Palestinian homes. The more you learn about what is happening there, the more you realize how badly we are Lied to.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

I gave this a Like.............other than (where were their parents) same could be ask of parents any night Chicago or any inner city USA.

Guthrie

Mayor
I went out and looked myself and found this. Hmmm. Interesting. I can't say what happened from it with any certainty. Wonder where the shooters were at and how convenient that it all was held in front of a security camera? :)

"There are still question marks around this incident and there is an ongoing investigation," said Lieutenant-Colonel Peter Lerner, an Israeli military spokesman. "In parallel, a military police investigation has also been opened," he said.

No uniformed Israeli troops can be seen in the video footage and there is no audio.

The initial video shows a youth preparing to hurl a stone from the end of a street. Seven minutes later, according to a time stamp on the film, a young man is seen falling over, felled by apparent gunfire, as he walks down the street.

A group of bystanders are then seen to duck at the same moment. And an hour later, a second youth collapses to the ground as he walks away from the area.
Below is the link to the video: Deaths from Israeli soldiers were later verfiied by Harretz, a number of aid organizations, as well as un observers.

The fact that you chose to try and dispute this is defact proof that you know if it is true it matters. The video below: Note it is disturbing.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/may/20/cctv-footage-palestinian-teenagers-shot-dead-video

Why cant you just accept both sides are guilty of crimes?

Guthrie

Mayor
Below is the link to the video: Deaths from Israeli soldiers were later verfiied by Harretz, a number of aid organizations, as well as un observers.

The fact that you chose to try and dispute this is defact proof that you know if it is true it matters. The video below: Note it is disturbing.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/may/20/cctv-footage-palestinian-teenagers-shot-dead-video

Additonally, Israeli rights gorup says video genuine:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/22/footage-palestinian-boys-shot-genuine-btselem

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
... or that the reason the Hamas refused the seize fire was they want their borders opened again. As in, they are under siege by Israel and Egypt. The west is totally ignorant of what is happening over there. These asshats read the papers and believe that crap. According to our media, Palestinians are ingrates who bite the hand that feeds them, by firing rockets at school children. In reality, Israel has invaded their lands, shut them off from the outside world, and is slowly exterminating them. Hamas rockets have been aimed at military installations while Israeli bombs are falling on Palestinian homes. The more you learn about what is happening there, the more you realize how badly we are Lied to.
so the telecast of the bomb hole in front of the Israel house/home was what......fake? (few more feet it would been in the house)

i think if you form a mob, and attempt to stone uniformed people with guns, you probably surrender any pretext of innocence when you get shot.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Hamas could have shot the teens.............ya know..to stir the pot.

RickWA

Snagglesooth

Indeed...your contribution in this strand is uniquely critical of Israelis/Jews. You are ahead of schedule, "Guthrie". That didn't take long at all.

:)

Guthrie

Mayor
Hamas could have shot the teens.............ya know..to stir the pot.
Israel has all but admitted it was their forces since june, inluding the dozens of journalists present from CNN, etc.

Additionally, Israeli rights group have confirmed as well.